1 mile Airdyne
100 inverted rows
100 squats
1 mile Airdyne

Totals = 4 miles Airdyne, 100 rows, 200 push ups, 300 squats

Didn’t time it today

6 PM:

10 minute ab video

Notes: My joints (wrist, elbows) are starting to feel it from the high rep, weight-vested work. Didn’t do pull ups today because of it.

Not as sore from my ~7 miler yesterday as I expected, but was dragging and a bit stiffer this morning than usual. Can’t wait to get back to the barbell in a few more weeks.

2 Likes

1/11/2022

AM

5.32 mile run @ 8:59 minute/mile pace

PM

Easy yoga/mobility

Notes: Ok, so I brought along my GPS watch this time to get the exact distance/pace. My goal was 9 min miles, which I had to pick up the pace for the last mile to get that done. No further workouts today; just some yoga/mobility work in the evening.

1 Like

1/12/2022

AM

5.33 mile run @ 8:54 min/miles

PM

10 minutes Ab work

Notes: Felt great on the run. Best so far this training block. In the event anyone is following along, this is Week 4 Workout 3 (out of an 8 week training block).

1 Like

Are you running a TB Base Building block?

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I’m running. It worked great for me last year, and again it feels fantastic to see my conditioning improve dramatically.

I’m changing the traditional SE circuit, though, and doing weight vest WALRUS (531) workouts. This is still in the spirit of the Base Building program but aligns more with my interests and strength level/goals.

3x week of running (5.3, 5.3, and 6+ miles)
2-3x week of WV work
Extras: occasional soccer or yoga or ab work

1/13/2022

9 AM

WALRUS

Wearing a 30# vest:

1 mile Airdyne
100 ring dips
100 inverted ring rows
100 SLDL with shrugs (pair of 22 kg KBs)
1 mile Airdyne

(didn’t time it)

Notes: This was tough. I was fatigued from my runs the last couple of days, having picked up the pace. Did it as 10 sets of 10 each.

Will bike to work and back in a couple of hours, and will do 10 minutes or so of mobility/yoga this evening.

1 Like

Nice. My resting HR was the lowest I have ever seen when doing BB last year. I think this spring ill have to give it another run (pun intended).

Keep up the good work man.

Yeah, I’m in the mid 40’s for a resting heart rate now. It’s kinda amazing how fast one adapts to steady state cardio work, especially if they are decently in shape to begin with. Too bad strength gains don’t come this fast!

1 Like

1/15/2022

AM

WARLUS workout

Wearing a 30# vest:

1 mile Airdyne
100 push ups
30 pull ups
50 KB snatches (18 kg KB)
1 mile Airdyne

(didn’t time it)

Late morning:

75 min Mountain bike ride

Notes: First time riding in a few weeks. Went with my sons and had a great time. The trails were still muddy. Rode my single speed, rigid MTB which is always a blast. Got in some kick WALRUS work in the earlier morning.

One thing I’ve found: the scalability of the WALRUS work is great. Easy to adjust/adapt if I don’t want to be too fatigued for activities later in the day.

3 Likes

1/16/2022

AM

7.5 mile run

PM

50 ring dips
50 face pulls
50 band pull aparts

20 min abs + mobility

Notes: The run was nice and slow and easy. Didn’t even bring a watch. Just enjoyed the run (on a trail near a river) without pushing the speed. As for the rest of the day: lots of football watching, but also made sure to get in some other work. Nothing strenuous, but much needed.