Anti-war protesters should be (I dunno. Come up with something)

Has anybody ever noticed how anti-war demonstrations always turn violent? Pretty confused people!?

Vredstein…would it ease your concience if these contracts were given to companies from Newfoundland?

“To imagine that ones government would engage in such a war to generate a few Billion in contracts is a tough pill to swallow…is this REALLY your opinion?”

Nothing I wrote was opinion-based. You asked a question. I presumed that you were geniunely curious. I gave you an answer, not my opinion.

In the meantime, the Newfies are awaiting your answer…

Is what really my opinion? What I wrote were facts as reported by the NY Times. You asked a question about who would profit from the war. I gave you the answers you asked for. I never stated either way whether I approved or disapproved. However, if you want my opinion, I would say that I would feel better if the contracts had been awarded through an open-bit procedure and not limited to companies with close ties to the administration. If one of these companies happen to be best suited for the job, and will do the best job of rebuilding Iraq for its people, fine.

Vredstein…

Oops…sloppy post reading = sloppy posting!

Bad Cupcake…BAD!

I will now go out to the garage and flog myself with a frayed extension cord (just cause I’ll be smilin’ don’t mean it ain’t gonna hurt…)

“When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended for self-flagellation solely”

~ Truman Capote

I don’t think Wall Street would have seen such a huge gain if they didn’t think some companies would profit either directly or indirectly from the war. If I had the money, I’d use the list of companies as possible investments. I’m not sure what constitues war profiteering, but as long as the rebuilding operation is on the up and up, I think I could drop a few bucks for their stock or possibly look for tax-free overseas job possibilities. The people who put out the oil fires got paid good money, and lost unwanted weight in the process.