Anti-Vax Mom Changes Tune, Her 7 Kids Get Whooping Cough

Title speaks for itself.
I would reccomend people read the comments to see into the mind of the anti-vac movement.

“It is beyond the realm of possibility all 7 got it, someone exposed them to the disease to make a point”

Article below.

So you’ve cited a retard’s response as proof of what?

[quote]Mr. Chen wrote:
So you’ve cited a retard’s response as proof of what?[/quote]

That the idea that vaccinations are bad and the people who parrot that are insane.

You should enjoy this thread YamatoDamashii92.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

You should enjoy this thread YamatoDamashii92.[/quote]

Holy shit, I got to page 5 and stopped reading. How did this anti vaccine nonsense become a thing? Is it from the same people who claimed the FEMA camps were zionist camps set up to exterminate everyone? :smiley:

A lady from my mums work didn’t get her son vaccinated and he got measles and got brain damage from the swelling. These people are just as laughable as the 9/11 truthers but the difference is the anti-vac crowd actually ruins real lives.

Ya, I don’t get it.

[quote]YamatoDamashii92 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Holy shit, I got to page 5 and stopped reading. How did this anti vaccine nonsense become a thing? Is it from the same people who claimed the FEMA camps were zionist camps set up to exterminate everyone? :smiley:

A lady from my mums work didn’t get her son vaccinated and he got measles and got brain damage from the swelling. These people are just as laughable as the 9/11 truthers but the difference is the anti-vac crowd actually ruins real lives.[/quote]

People are really fucking stupid. One of my wife’s classmates almost died from chicken pox because his family believe in the power of prayer over science.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

You’re a cruel, cruel man. Please make that thread go away…

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

A lady from my mums work didn’t get her son vaccinated and he got measles and got brain damage from the swelling. These people are just as laughable as the 9/11 truthers but the difference is the anti-vac crowd actually ruins real lives.[/quote]

People are really fucking stupid. One of my wife’s classmates almost died from chicken pox because his family believe in the power of prayer over science. [/quote]

Ditto that. I believe in the power of prayer too. I also believe God gave us brains, curiosity, the desire for knowledge, science, and the tools and the need to use science to better our lives.

A devastating flash flood ravaged a town. The townspeople were advised to evacuate. Naturally a few stubborn souls stayed behind. The flood came and trapped them in houses. Then a few all-terrain vehicles came to get them, and naturally the old-timers gave in and left. Except one younger guy.

They stopped at his door. “Get in man, the flood’s going to get worse! We’ll take you out of here.”

“God will save me” replied the man. Confused, the all terrain relief vehicles drove off.

The water rose higher, the man had to retreat to his second story. He prayed hard. A boat came by, stopped at his window. “Get in dude! We’ve got to get out of here.”

“God will save me” replied the man. The boat motored off. The flood rose. The man had to retreat to his rooftop.

He prayed even harder! A helicopter flew by. Stopped, turned around, hovered and threw down a rope ladder. “For the love of all that is sane! GET IN!!”

“God will save me” he said. Utterly bewildered they flew off.

The man drowned.

At the pearly gates, he stands talking to God and St. Peter. “Why didn’t you save me??” he cried. “I prayed and prayed, and the Bible said you would listen but you never helped me!”

“I gave you advanced warning, a 4 wheeler, a boat, and a helicopter! Why the hell didn’t you take one of them??” God replied.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

People are really fucking stupid. One of my wife’s classmates almost died from chicken pox because his family believe in the power of prayer over science. [/quote]

Ditto that. I believe in the power of prayer too. I also believe God gave us brains, curiosity, the desire for knowledge, science, and the tools and the need to use science to better our lives.

A devastating flash flood ravaged a town. The townspeople were advised to evacuate. Naturally a few stubborn souls stayed behind. The flood came and trapped them in houses. Then a few all-terrain vehicles came to get them, and naturally the old-timers gave in and left. Except one younger guy.

They stopped at his door. “Get in man, the flood’s going to get worse! We’ll take you out of here.”

“God will save me” replied the man. Confused, the all terrain relief vehicles drove off.

The water rose higher, the man had to retreat to his second story. He prayed hard. A boat came by, stopped at his window. “Get in dude! We’ve got to get out of here.”

“God will save me” replied the man. The boat motored off. The flood rose. The man had to retreat to his rooftop.

He prayed even harder! A helicopter flew by. Stopped, turned around, hovered and threw down a rope ladder. “For the love of all that is sane! GET IN!!”

“God will save me” he said. Utterly bewildered they flew off.

The man drowned.

At the pearly gates, he stands talking to God and St. Peter. “Why didn’t you save me??” he cried. “I prayed and prayed, and the Bible said you would listen but you never helped me!”

“I gave you advanced warning, a 4 wheeler, a boat, and a helicopter! Why the hell didn’t you take one of them??” God replied.[/quote]

I think I have heard something like that before, but I enjoyed it.

[quote]H factor wrote:

I think I have heard something like that before, but I enjoyed it. [/quote]

Possibly. The parable has been around for quite a while, and always with the quite obvious lesson lol.

It’s maddening: if you believe that you were created in God’s image, and you have a brain, then it has to follow that you should USE YOUR BRAIN AND THE SKILLS AND REASONING HE GAVE YOU. Sad.

Now granted there are a lot of anti-vaccine people that are atheist so I can’t really pick only on the fundamentalists. Your comment about the chickenpox though and the one before that on measles is what prompted that to mind.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

I think I have heard something like that before, but I enjoyed it. [/quote]

Possibly. The parable has been around for quite a while, and always with the quite obvious lesson lol.

It’s maddening: if you believe that you were created in God’s image, and you have a brain, then it has to follow that you should USE YOUR BRAIN AND THE SKILLS AND REASONING HE GAVE YOU. Sad.

Now granted there are a lot of anti-vaccine people that are atheist so I can’t really pick only on the fundamentalists. Your comment about the chickenpox though and the one before that on measles is what prompted that to mind.[/quote]

I’m not religious so the concept is weird to me anyways, but I don’t know why some don’t come to the same conclusion as you. Ah well, we are talking about the weird ones in here so who knows.