T Nation

Anti-Hair Loss while on Gear

Hey guys, I've been doing a lot of research on the benefits of substances such as finesteride. One question/scenario I could use cleared up for me:

Lets say you decide to do a cycle of test e. You are prone to male pattern baldness so you start the finesteride prior to beginning the cycle. You complete the cycle and your hair is still there and untouched. however although you didn't lose any hair while on gear, you decide to stop finesteride. Will the hair damage caused by the gear start appearing and will you lose your hair?

In other words, does the finesteride just prevent hair loss while on it? Or will it protect your hair/scalp from the excess DHT that the test e will cause, thus allowing you to not be on antihairloss meds your whole life.

Hope this is clear as I am trying to figure out if I want the stuff, and thanks in advance

You need to keep taking Fina for life. As soon as you stop, you’ll start losing hair, regardless or previous cycles or not.

Be cautious with Fina. Some claim permanent libido damage from it. I think this is overblown or perhaps a mental hang up with these guys. Nevertheless, be cautious.

My older brother has been on Fina for 14 years. The only side effects he has is a head full of hair.

Hey thanks man, that was exactly what I wanted to know.

Have you tried Nizoral shampoo, or saw palmetto extract tablets? They are supposed to help stop dht conversion, therefore helping to stop hairloss.

I’m on Fina and on gear. Fina wont completely stop hairloss while on gear but does a great job off cycle, so yeah it will definitely help SLOW down the hairloss but wont be nearly as effective as off cycle.

You would have to take those for life though, correct? Theyre just cover ups for the damage that the cycle has done to your hair

Finasteride may help you regrow some of your hair if you use it in conjunction with Minoxidil (Rogaine) and Nizoral. You use Fina for life because once you stop hair loss will go back to normal rates in a few months. But yeah, fina just slows down the damage done to your hair to an almost standstill.

[quote]exyboxy wrote:
I’m on Fina and on gear. Fina wont completely stop hairloss while on gear but does a great job off cycle, so yeah it will definitely help SLOW down the hairloss but wont be nearly as effective as off cycle.[/quote]

How long you been on the fina for? Any side effects?