Anti feminists Help

writing a paper about the stereotype that feminists don’t have a sense of humor.

Women aren’t funny.

Men are better etc.

Need articles, sources and shit to write about.

Please go on blab about your feelings give me ideas websites whatever.

So…you’re looking for support for your position that women, and feminists in particular, are humorless?

I hear Cosmo’s good this time of year.

There are indeed some very funny female comedians.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
There are indeed some very funny female comedians. [/quote]

name them, I’ve honestly never seen one

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

name them, I’ve honestly never seen one[/quote]

Lucille Ball

Just play an excerpt from the lesbian stand up comedy show on the LOGO channel. Make it an interactive presentation by handing out chunks of cardboard for people to chew on.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Phyllis Diller

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Roseanne Barr

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Lisa Lampanelli is funny.

Feminists protesting Tosh.0 after he made rape jokes at the laugh factory.

Now do I get partial credit for your paper?

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Lisa Lampanelli is funny.
[/quote]

I’ll check her out, anyone else?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

I’ll check her out, anyone else?[/quote]

Tina Fay

Amy Poehler

Sarah Silverman has her moments.

The fat chick from Bridesmaids.

I’ve seen some female stand-up acts at comedy clubs that have beaten out any of the guys on stage that night…

It is typically only men who make jokes to try to show off their intelligence to women. Just because women don’t make as many jokes does not mean they have no sense of humor. If they didn’t there would be no point in men making jokes to impress them. I think Hitchens has written some stuff about it.

[/quote]

She just had that one movie with the timid protagonista from Arrested Development, Identity Thief.

Incredibly unfunny compared to both Bridesmaids and Arrested Development, I’d revoke her submission due to inconsistency. Although when she’s good she can be really good. Maybe hope for the future.

[/quote]

Although I think much the drivel that traditional feminists spout is complete bullshit, I would argue that inequality has existed for women in specific areas, one of which is film/TV comedy.

Here you’ve got an industry with producers who are predominantly male. It’s always been this way. This gives rise to show-runners who are also predominantly male, who are in turn are more likely to hire male screen/teleplay writers because they find them funnier. Why? These male writers are going to likely have their funniest characters as males, because they “get” males (being male themselves) and have had real-life hilarious encounters with their guy friends - encounters which help inspire their funniest characters and bits. So it’s no wonder most of the funniest characters in TV and screen have been guys - most of the writing has been tailored to them.

Take T-Nation as an example. It’s mostly guys. Everyone thinks they have a script-worthy story in them - if we were to start a thread here where each poster writes a one page pitch about the funniest story they can come up with, the overwhelming majority of the funny characters are going to be male.

What’s interesting now is that women are starting to gain ground in comedy. Take SNL for example - for the show’s history, most of the female cast members were relegated to bit parts - now you’ve got Fey and Poehler hosting weekend update…and doing a great job with it. Bridesmaids was one of the first big budget, female-written, nearly-all-female-cast films that Hollywood has seen…and it did extremely well. I’m interested to see how the balance shifts in the coming years

Kristen Wiig
Jenny Slate
Morgan Murphy
Angela Johnson

You should ask Bret Contreras

I watch Fashion Police with my wife from time to time because Joan Rivers is one of the funniest people to have a show

Tina Fey is great as is Amy Pohler

but I loath Lisa Lampinelli … can’t stand her

But I tend to think that the ratio of funny women (stand up/improv/film and tv) to unfunny is probably comparable to men … there is just a lot more male comedians than female as a whole … so you’re going to get a lot more per capita good male comedians to good female comedians.