Anti Estrogen or None?

I understand these are all opinions not dead eyed blood work based answers. I can’t get estrogen levels & cortisol levels mapped out until probably 1st of July (earliest appointment available) so again do I have much to worry about in not using an anti-estrogen with only about 250 mg testosterone injection.

I remember reading if you had at least some libido or erections that your estrogen was most likely in check while taking T injections is that also true?

what if I ask AND answer the questions?

yes. libido and morning erections are impacted by too high estradiol and/or too low estradiol.

and yes, if you have a good libido and morning erections then that would an indication that your estradiol is still within range… is it ideal? no way to know without a blood test. Is it too high, but your body is able to compensate in the short term and mask the symptoms? possibly. If it is high and it stays too high, could it cause your system to crash at some point in the future without treatment? yes.

I only advise starting medication when you are partnering with a doctor and have a prescription - and are basing the medication on blood tests (or severe measurable symptoms).

[quote]PureChance wrote:
what if I ask AND answer the questions?

yes. libido and morning erections are impacted by too high estradiol and/or too low estradiol.

and yes, if you have a good libido and morning erections then that would an indication that your estradiol is still within range… is it ideal? no way to know without a blood test. Is it too high, but your body is able to compensate in the short term and mask the symptoms? possibly. If it is high and it stays too high, could it cause your system to crash at some point in the future without treatment? yes.

I only advise starting medication when you are partnering with a doctor and have a prescription - and are basing the medication on blood tests (or severe measurable symptoms).[/quote]

My primary care doctor had originally prescribed 100mg/week and labs showed T was still very low that is why he went to 200mg/week but I had not felt any different, thus the question about going a little higher. I will tough it out until I see endo.

again there is a 95% chance that the urologist will be of no help what so ever and you will have wasted months for the appointment. please try and find another doc in the meantime. I have been there and done that multiple times, putting all of my hope in a doctor that tooks months to set up only to be let down with no options and no help in the end. please seek out alternatives while you wait. what’s the harm in trying?