T Nation

Anti-Emo Street Riots

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
So I did more research and it would seem that emo’s are the pussy’s of the punk crowd. Apparently back in my home town of DC they decided it was too violent and started their own, “more emotional” section of rock.

Why did they get to keep our cool studded belts and skater shoes though?

[/quote]

Emo is the new day bastardard equivalent of both the glam and punk scenes, which is funny because glam and punk are totally different.

[quote]christine wrote:
Probably a dumb question, but what’s a rockabilly?[/quote]

a rock subgenre

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
When is National Punch an Emo Kid in the face day? I could have swore it was in March.[/quote]

It was national emo beatdown day on 6-6-06. I didn’t know they had any other holidays.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Haha that’s pretty damn funny. As a punk/metal head I can see how that clash would come about.

Since when though is Emo music about being gay? I’m not sure if I know any gay guy who thinks Emo music is cool.

Isn’t Emo just a bunch of pansy and depressed people trying to look more intimidating by wearing all black and hoping no one beats them up?
[/quote]

I hear you I listen to metal/punk/rock too.

It’s more about trying to look unique, and acting like you’re deeper and better then everyone else. They have the same mindset as the preppy shits you went to highschool with. Their eliteism is just jaw dropping. I can’t really blame metalheads and punks for wanting to beat the shit out of them. They are annoying, cocky, and call screamo metal, and think punk is somethin written by greenday or b182. I’m friends with a few emo girls and they are pretty cool. Most of the guys are just straight up douchebags. It’s sad, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single guy from that demographic bigger then me without being a whale. And I’m a scrawny fuck. If you guys haven’t been in a higherschool in a few years, these fucks are taking over.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
Finally someone is doing something about this problem.

Seconded. [/quote]

thirded on that

[quote]meangenes wrote:
Anyhow, the Mexicans in America must be more docile. I remember a quote from one of the great literary geniuses of our times.

“Mexican Americans don’t like to get in gang fight, they like roses and flower and fat ladies name Debbie too.” - Cheech Marin[/quote]

And Mexican Americans… don’t like to get up early in the morning, but they have to, so they do it real slooow.

HA HA HA! Oh my GAWD that is a laugh riot! HA HA HA! I almost pissed myself!

[quote]BigMike wrote:
meangenes wrote:
Anyhow, the Mexicans in America must be more docile. I remember a quote from one of the great literary geniuses of our times.

“Mexican Americans don’t like to get in gang fight, they like roses and flower and fat ladies name Debbie too.” - Cheech Marin

how does this pretain to this thread ? [/quote]

Mexican Americans, like their Nanas and their no-nos and their Ninas and their Ninos, na na ni ni na na no no…

hahahhahah emosexual , the links didnt work for i had to look it up. theres not too many mexican-america emos , they ended up gettin ostracize,and maded fun.

I was in a fight at a house party back in the day and there was a few of those emo creeps in there and I had my eye on them since they looked a little shady just sitting there watching and they all made a pack to “kick some ass.”

So I hit one of them with a bat in the face.

The fucking music. It’s absolutely horrid. If for no other reason, they deserve a good beating for possessing such blatantly poor taste. The fact that the ‘males’ wear tight girl-pants is a close second, and the fucking ‘emotion’ is a close third.

Sometimes a little tough love is not only suggested, but required. It’s for your own damn good, emo pricks.

“First, by some accounts, the emo subculture is identified with homosexuality in Mexico.”

Not just Mexico…

That newsreader is HOT!

By far the best thing I’ve heard all week.

The emo infestation has completeley destroyed the punk and hardcore scene here over the last few years.
With it’s emphasis on fashion, whiney assed lyrics and inapropiate breakdowns.
I’m glad the MexiCAN’s are taking a stand.

About time the real punks and skins united to take back what is ours.

‘For the fakes and frauds,
It’s a fucking fashion show!’

[quote]jack_UK wrote:

[/quote]

Could you give an example of an appropriate breakdown please?

[quote]Electric_E wrote:
jack_UK wrote:

Could you give an example of an appropriate breakdown please?

[/quote]

It would be my pleasure.

(2:11-2:45)

Old-school Style!

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
When is National Punch an Emo Kid in the face day? I could have swore it was in March.[/quote]

It’s the date of my birth. 6/6. Coolest birthday ever.

if you want to try a good new workout I’d recommend going to a emo/screamo show. If you’re over 150lbs just stand in the middle of the dance floor. People will flock to you and ask you to lift them up to crowd surf.

I’d pace myself though because once you’ve established yourself as a decent picker up the bigger kids will start to flock to you.

“emo” is also another term for “ectomorph”. Seriously, every male is 120 pounds, and every emo female is one twinkie away from wearing trash bags.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
“emo” is also another term for “ectomorph”. Seriously, every male is 120 pounds, and every emo female is one twinkie away from wearing trash bags.[/quote]

Not here so much for the girls. Some are sadly, pretty hot. Just not the type you’d want to bring home to mom.
The guys are a bunch of cocky douchebags, who usually get talked into a verbal corner or beated up on a regular basis. Yeah there are a hella lot of nasty emo girls too.

P.S. None of the hot ones take it as far as shown in the article.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
Haha that’s pretty damn funny. As a punk/metal head I can see how that clash would come about.

Since when though is Emo music about being gay? I’m not sure if I know any gay guy who thinks Emo music is cool.

Isn’t Emo just a bunch of pansy and depressed people trying to look more intimidating by wearing all black and hoping no one beats them up?

I hear you I listen to metal/punk/rock too.

It’s more about trying to look unique, and acting like you’re deeper and better then everyone else. They have the same mindset as the preppy shits you went to highschool with. Their eliteism is just jaw dropping. I can’t really blame metalheads and punks for wanting to beat the shit out of them. They are annoying, cocky, and call screamo metal, and think punk is somethin written by greenday or b182. I’m friends with a few emo girls and they are pretty cool. Most of the guys are just straight up douchebags. It’s sad, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single guy from that demographic bigger then me without being a whale. And I’m a scrawny fuck. If you guys haven’t been in a higherschool in a few years, these fucks are taking over.[/quote]

Exactly, I would rather be unique for abilities that I worked to develop, brains that I developed, or a body and strength I developed. All by working. This is just a pussy way to try to get attention.

But what they don’t understand is being a whiny little bitch isn’t deep. It’s just being a whiny little bitch.