Anti-Doping Officials Appear, BBers Flee, Event Canceled

The AP is sending this story around. Prepare to laugh your ass off.

"BRUSSELS – The Belgian bodybuilding championship has been canceled after doping officials showed up and all the competitors fled.

A doping official says bodybuilders just grabbed their gear and ran off when he came into the room.

“I have never seen anything like it and hope never to see anything like it again,” doping official Hans Cooman said Monday.

Twenty bodybuilders were entered in the weekend competition.

Cooman says the sport has a history of doping “and this incident didn’t do its reputation any good.”

During testing of bodybuilding events last year, doping authorities of northern Belgium’s Flanders region found that three-quarters of the competitors tested positive."

The event was in the Netherlands, Vlissingen. The event was held for Belgium bodybuilders, whom can be called out to pee in a cup for a steroid test. Every professional and amateur or hobby bodybuilder, or any other athlete for that matter or Belgium inhabitant, can be called out to pee in a cup. To refuse automatically results in a positive test.

The Belgium anti-doping officials traveled from Belgium to the Netherlands (another country) for the tests. I don’t know if this is legitimate or anything. But what I do know it’s causing a ruckus in both the bodybuilding scene in Holland and Belgium.

Thats like walking in a restaurant and looking for food. The organizations that start testing for steroids are going to go under, for the unwillingness of competitors to compete in their shows.