Anti-Candida Diet and Diabetes?

Recent complications have made me suspect that I may be an undiagnosed diabetic. I have one week to go before having blood tests done and I am wondering if being on a near-zero carb diet is dangerous, but I had to take a one-shot shock treatment dose of antibiotics yesterday because of a burning sensation in the urethra (no, I haven’t been unfaithful).

I also started having a (not painful) “leaky faucet” about a month ago, but I am not sure if my low-carb diet was the factor that activated the infection.

(As for the leaky faucet, I am wondering if it is related to post-vasectomy complications. It is less important after ejaculations but gets back within 3 days. Never felt that way before the V.)

Recap: I only had gastros 2 times in my life before having a major one in February of this year. It took 2 weeks to get back to ‘normal’. 2 weeks ago I started having blood in my stool, and I found out I was feeling irritated between the cheeks at the end of the day.

I saw a doctor, who said it was probably mucus coming out when I farted (no visual traces of anything, just irritation at the end of the day), and he gave me a ticket for a colonoscopy (in June).

I suspected some yeast problems (Candida Albicans), so I started near-zero Candida-killer diet a week and a half ago. For the first time in months, stools were back to normal.

Then yesterday I got a burning sensation in the urethra, a week after being on the near-zero carb diet.

Could this be diabetes related? My energy is constant, not really hungry with all the vegetables and chicken/turkey I am eating. Have been overweight since I was 8 years old and wondering if it is catching up with me now. Currently +/- 12% bodyfat. Lost 5 pounds in the last week (probably water retention in the gut).

Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I also have Candida and it can make life hell. Studies show that Candida has been linked to female cancers as well (precursor?) and I have also had breast cancer.

I would suggest seeing a naturopath if you suspect you have candida. A MD probably won’t diagnose you with it. I get eczema when I eat too much sugar as well as mood swings and trouble concentrating. My MD gave me a cream for the eczema and suggested anti depressants for the mood swings. Um, yeah.

Naturopath has assisted me with supplements and a diet that works for me. Good luck to you! I hope you figure things out.

Dude,

I am a type !! diabetic. Diet and exercise controlled. My dad has it too. He doesn’t really take care of himself. I do.

I’m not a doctor so I can only speak from my own experience.

Get that plumbing thing checked! Seriously. I’ve never heard of anything like that associated w/ diabetes. I sometimes get swamp ass and a trace of blood in my stool, but I’m pretty sure that coincides with heavy lifting, cheap toilet paper and hard stool combo…

On the other hand, I think a low carb diet is excellent for you. Get your carbs from vegs and to a lesser extent fruits. Maybe some fiber.

If you gotta have bread go rye, beefsteak or something.

I do a little acidophilus and I eat carb control yogurt. I did a cleanse a few weeks ago too. I’d do it again.

Plenty of water. Less cheese.

Good luck on your tests brother, I hope it turns out to be just some dumbass thing you can get rid of.

Thanks for the info!

For the plumbing thing, the burning sensation is gone but the “taint” zone still feels sensitive. I’ll call the V-doctor to see if the symptoms match the 1% of unlucky cases.

As for the diet, I litteraly feel better. I cannot say if it is carb related or Candida related (although in the end one fuels the other), but I do experience less brain fog, a more constant energy, and my senses are keener.

I am still in the carb withdrawal stage, but it’s getting easier each day. I expected to feel hypoglycemia during the process, as I sometimes felt on my usual diet (blurred vision, mood swings, etc.). but I did not happen.

I am curious to see what the blood tests will reveal. I’m also having the urine and STD tests at the same time. It’s been over 5 years since my last tests. Might as well have the complete picture.

[quote]MrChill wrote:
Thanks for the info!

For the plumbing thing, the burning sensation is gone but the “taint” zone still feels sensitive. I’ll call the V-doctor to see if the symptoms match the 1% of unlucky cases.

As for the diet, I litteraly feel better. I cannot say if it is carb related or Candida related (although in the end one fuels the other), but I do experience less brain fog, a more constant energy, and my senses are keener.

I am still in the carb withdrawal stage, but it’s getting easier each day. I expected to feel hypoglycemia during the process, as I sometimes felt on my usual diet (blurred vision, mood swings, etc.). but I did not happen.

I am curious to see what the blood tests will reveal. I’m also having the urine and STD tests at the same time. It’s been over 5 years since my last tests. Might as well have the complete picture.[/quote]

Sounds like what you’re experiencing is yeast burnout. That normally happens 1-2 weeks into a yeast free (no carb diet) and is completely normal. It’s your immune systyem finally kicking in, and beating the crap outta the funguses that are camped out in/on you. Kicking them while they are down, so to speak.

It’s important to take a multi probiotic during this time in order to re-seed your insides. That’ll help with the symptoms, as well. The leaky faucet thing sounds like prostate to me, and may very well be linked to the burnout.

DJ