Anthrax Shot Back / Any Issue

The Anthrax shot is back and manditory for all service men and civ. contractors going overseas. Has anyone who has taken it had any issues from the series of shots? Problems??

Like any vaccination, there are allergic reactions in some individuals. No issues, no problems. The only Marines I know who object to it are trying to get out of the Corps before their enlistment is up and are hoping for a discharge.

Biological weapons=bad, Vaccinations=good

Yea, I am going to be getting them soon, and never had a problem until everyone started the hype about them, now its making me second guess, not that I am going to say no anyway, I just want to know how much time I should spend researching them. Like I said, I never had an issue getting them until other people around me started to make a fuss

[quote]Mr ian wrote:
The Anthrax shot is back and manditory for all service men and civ. contractors going overseas. Has anyone who has taken it had any issues from the series of shots? Problems??[/quote]

I would hope they got the squalene issue resolved…

[quote]BH6 wrote:
Like any vaccination, there are allergic reactions in some individuals. No issues, no problems. The only Marines I know who object to it are trying to get out of the Corps before their enlistment is up and are hoping for a discharge.

Biological weapons=bad, Vaccinations=good[/quote]

Wow, is all I can think to say on this one. I have to keep myself in check and be reminded that I used to think vaccines were a good idea.

OK now to answer the poster, this like most vaccines are a completely unproven and not thoroughly, independently tested modality. I have worked with and personally know several servicemen that would beg to differ with the down playing of any side effects. Bottom line is that for this one the only real benefactor is the company that produces the vaccine not our servicemen and women.

It’s fine! You’ll get them and you’ll love them!