T Nation

Anthony Roberts and Acne

Hey everyone,

I am currently battling some acne problems and came across this article by Anthony Roberts.

www.mindandmuscle.net/mindandmuscle...mp;artID=999412

Here he recommends Nizoral Shampoo as an acne topical. Has anyone ever tried this and had success?

Also, has anyone ever had experience with Chemone’s accutane in liquid form? I’m wondering if it is stable in liquid suspension and if the product is genuine?

Thanks!

[quote]thetruth24 wrote:
Also, has anyone ever had experience with Chemone’s accutane in liquid form? I’m wondering if it is stable in liquid suspension and if the product is genuine?

Thanks![/quote]

Yes, chemone’s accutane is great - best price v quantity that I could find and it worked very well.

Honestly, it depends on the severity of your acne - I had it since I was 16 up until 22 - when I got some accutane to finally sort it out. I found, in general, that the problem is on the inside of the body - although the regime from acne.org does work (it eventually stopped working for me) - it seems diet and hormones inside the body have the greatest effect.

Anyway, 10-20mg per day is what I did for 4 months on the stuff and not a spot since - plus the low dose approach was virtually side effect free (I got a few dry spots over my body - thats all).

[quote]thetruth24 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I am currently battling some acne problems and came across this article by Anthony Roberts.

www.mindandmuscle.net/mindandmuscle...mp;artID=999412

Here he recommends Nizoral Shampoo as an acne topical. Has anyone ever tried this and had success?

Also, has anyone ever had experience with Chemone’s accutane in liquid form? I’m wondering if it is stable in liquid suspension and if the product is genuine?

Thanks![/quote]

I’ve read that too and used Nizoral. It’s worked.

Could be placebo effect/whatever. Mind you, he recommends this for people on cycles, and I imagine they might have a more difficult time getting rid of acne if they’re prone to it.

Take Anthony Robert’s advice at your own risk.

He is a sham.

I tried the topical way back in the day, didn’t really notice that much.

Then I got prescribed accutane. That stuff works well.

Thanks guys,

Yeah, I don’t take steroids so I’m not sure it would work for me. I do know I have over active sebaceous glands causing excess oil.

Right now I am taking:
Green Tea Extract
AkneZyme Vitamins for skin
Digestive Enzymes
Omega 3.

I’m just worried that Chemone’s accutane is unstabe in its suspended form and the doses we get are unaccurate due to the dropper. How long did it take to see effects?

As for the supplements I know both Omega 3 and Green Tea help regulate hormones. Can you guys think of anything else?

Thanks

Go to the doc and get some antibiotics

How old you? you’ll grow out of having acne, if you’re young. i had tons and when i hit the 20s, my skin got clear.

f

I am 17 years old, about to become 18 soon. And I have been to the derm, antibiotics are only a short term thing and do not diagnose the problem at it’s source.

[quote]thetruth24 wrote:
Thanks guys,

Yeah, I don’t take steroids so I’m not sure it would work for me. I do know I have over active sebaceous glands causing excess oil.

Right now I am taking:
Green Tea Extract
AkneZyme Vitamins for skin
Digestive Enzymes
Omega 3.

I’m just worried that Chemone’s accutane is unstabe in its suspended form and the doses we get are unaccurate due to the dropper. How long did it take to see effects?

As for the supplements I know both Omega 3 and Green Tea help regulate hormones. Can you guys think of anything else?

Thanks[/quote]

www.topix.net/forum/drug/accutane/TGDGC15UGOH8D53GG

My sister and I both went through Accutane as teenagers. In each case it was a horrible experience; I my case I was only able to get about four months through the treatment before kidney and back pains forced me to stop. Plenty of other kids I knew suffered a lot from using that drug. It works tho, and the results are largely permanent, but unless you have painful cystic acne, or just horrible widespread acne, stay away.

The best acne advice I�??ve ever received was :

  • Exfoliate every day. Cleaning away the dead skin keeps it from clogging pores. St. Ive�??s products are great for this. But make sure to do it BEFORE shaving.
  • Apply egg yolk five minutes before a shower. Nutrients in the egg yolk get absorbed and do wonders for skin that�??s irritated or fighting infection.

Rainjack,

Thanks for the link. I’ve been there and so far no one has completely cleared using Chemone. I know the deals are great, but I don’t think anyone has gone far enough yet to say whether it works. Only side effects and etc.

I understand you are associated with chemone? I know in accutane pills its liquid inside, but what makes it having it in pure liquid for like that different? Is it stable and as effective as the real accutane? How long is it good for?

Thanks

Supabeast,

Thanks for the tips!

I exfoliate everyday using a baby brush.
The only thing that concerns me is that the real problem is within the pores lining where the real clog begins.

The two big things that effect acne are:
Hyperkeratinzation
Excess Sebum due to androgens

P.Acne is not a big deal since everyone has it.

To anyone:
Are there any topicals,herbs,vitamins,antioxidants that correct hyperkeratinization?

What about regulation of hormones? Besides the 1s i mentioned?

Thanks

[quote]thetruth24 wrote:
Here he recommends Nizoral Shampoo as an acne topical. Has anyone ever tried this and had success? [/quote]

I did try it after reading the same article, but I didn’t really see any results. However, I only had light to moderate acne.