Anterior Shoulder Pain During Certain Movements

Same here. I’ve been lifting heavy for years, and have had on-going issues with painful trigger points in my trapezius, deltoids, lats, plus rotator cuff tendonitis/bursitis and possibly a partially torn labrum. What you’re experiencing can be one of these conditions. Deep tissue massage + use of natural anti-inflammatories and abstanence from what irritates the injury should clear up the problem.

Thanks man, I sure appreciate your opinion, I was hoping you would chime in here.
Ill google what exactly you said so I can understand it. :wink:

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Didn’t read the whole thread, sorry.

without being able to examine you I can only give a ‘most likely’ diagnosis, based upon what I see all the time amongst lifters.

Anterior pain is probably biceps tendonitis. Crossfriction should help significantly.

The posterior pain is most liket infraspinatus hypertonicity/focal contraction. ART - bread and butter for this sort of thing :wink:

Should be a fairly easy fix - unless you carry on irritating it/never fully resolve the issue and let it fester.

Honestly I see this sort of thing ALL the time in my patients. I even call the infraspinatus ‘the money muscle’ since it brings me in a nice chunk of work, haha.

BBB[/quote]

Agree with probably biceps tendon. Only thing I would add to what BBB said is to look into “tab” taping for the biceps long head tendon.

I had written out a post, but for some reason it didnt show up… so here it is in a nutshell.

Currently: improving my posture as I can, leaning less, standing more… The rear pain is diminishing, little less day by day. I started Cross Friction massage according the BBB in the front and I feel like its helping, I had a pain free session in the gym today, including light DB presses. Still staying away from the key movements that really caused pain. Hopefully this means good signs to come.

Where I am going from here: Still trying to improve posture, mobility, and all the other things you know you are supposed to do and dont. I am trying to rewrite my workout routines to include a better balance, warmups and rotator cuff work. -

This is where I am kind of stumped now, but making progress I think