A2:Flat Dumbbell Press
B2:Straight-Arm Lat Pulldowns

A3:Front-Leaning Dips
B3:Bent-over Barbell Rows

A4:Incline Cable Chest Flys
B4:Seated Cable Row

DayB: Legs
A1:Front Squats
B1:Lunges(Usually BB but going to try DB)

A2:Unilateral Leg Press
B2:Sumo Deadlifts

A3:Unilateral Leg Extensions
B3:RDLs

A4:???
B4:Leg Curls
^Replace [4] with Box Jumps?

DayC: Biceps/Triceps
A1:Ez-bar Curls
B1:Ez-bar Skull Crushers

A2:Short-bar Cable Curls
B2:Dips

A3:Incline Dumbbell Curls
B3:V-bar Pushdowns

A4:Hammer Curls(Heavy)
B4:Unilateral Supinated Tricep Pulldowns

DayD: Deltoids / Calves
A1: Seated Dumbbell Press
B1: Standing Calf Raises

A2:Unilateral Front Raises
B2: Seated Calf Raises

A3:Face-Pulls
B3:Calf Presses on Leg Press Machine

A4:Unilateral Side Raises
B4:Reverse Dumbbell Flyes

Rest
Repeat]

I will be trying this out starting Monday. I’ve done 1-body-part-per-day for 4 months now, and I’m realizing a need for increased frequency(pecs+bis) hence the switch to this program.

Yes, I made it myself, according to models found on T-Nation.com.
No, I do not want links to pre-made splits. I want to know if I’m neglecting anything in this one(abdominals done post-workout@home).

The exercises chosen are the ones I feel comfortable with + a few that I know I’m not feeling, in order to keep myself honest/outside-of-comfort zone.

I will run this split for this upcoming week and let you know how I felt/what I think about it.

Per first impressions, what do you all think?

Per a re-read, I’m definitely going to rearrange the shoulder/calf day ahead of the bicep/tricep day.

Monday-DayA:

No complaints. It actually felt fantastic. I’m usually not a big fan of standing around and waiting between sets so this works out well. I finish one superset and I feel like I’m ready to go on the next one.

Unfortunately, I was dumb enough to place DayA on a monday…Needless to say, a few people definitely got salty when I pulled up one of incline benches to a cable station. One guy even tried rolling it away during my superset. bastard!

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Tuesday-DayB:

Wow, just WOW. Leg-day has always been the favorite but today we took that to a new level. These exercises complement each other perfectly.

Even after the first exercise
A1:Front Squats
B1:Lunges(Usually BB but going to try DB)
I was already dying. DB Lunges are no joke right after front-squatting.

I highly recommend this ‘day’ to anyone who’s looking to switch up their boring-ass leg routine.

After A3/B3, there is truly no point in moving forward, so eliminating A4/B4 is a no-brainer. Perhaps a few weeks in I’ll be able to add in some box-jumps but I highly doubt it.

you know there’s a log section for this stuff, right?

like your split, although I would superset the front squats with leg curls and not lunges. They’re too similar.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
like your split, although I would superset the front squats with leg curls and not lunges. They’re too similar.[/quote]

You are very right, I SSed those two and it was brutal. Would you dump the lunges completely then?

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:
you know there’s a log section for this stuff, right?[/quote]

I did not, but I do now. Thanks!

[quote]Claudan wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
like your split, although I would superset the front squats with leg curls and not lunges. They’re too similar.[/quote]

You are very right, I SSed those two and it was brutal. Would you dump the lunges completely then? [/quote]

you could do, or you could pick another hamstring dominant move to superset them with. You’ve got a fair few exercises in there already so I don’t think you would miss out on too much if you dropped them.

DayC: - Shoulders:

The calf work was on point, however, the deltoid work left me fuming. I left the gym feeling like I hadn’t accomplished much. After spending the past month reading all these articles discouraging BB pressing, I must say I fell for it. However, I don’t think I will give up on it. Without it, my shoulders simply don’t feel stimulated.

In your opinion, what would be safer, seated or standing? Obviously standing can put some strain on my lower back, should I throw a belt on for this one then, or just opt for the seated version?

I would personally do a seated dumbell press. I like it with a neutral grip, just coming up slightly higher than the top of your head. Neutral grip makes it easier on your tendons and having the dumbells out to the side gets slightly more lateral head involvement. There are some compressive forces on your lower back with a seated dumbell press but it’s nothing to worry about really.

Something else fun you can try: instead of the front raises you’re doing now, try them with a barbell and your arms turned over so your elbows point up at the ceiling. Lovely stuff.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Something else fun you can try: instead of the front raises you’re doing now, try them with a barbell and your arms turned over so your elbows point up at the ceiling. Lovely stuff.[/quote]

Could you link a video? Or explain this better? I’m breaking my arms trying to do this with a “air barbell”

when you hold the bar, turn your elbows up towards the ceiling. Usually when doing front raises your elbows’ll be pointing out to the side.

imagine trying to balance a cup on your elbow joints when lifting the bar

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
when you hold the bar, turn your elbows up towards the ceiling. Usually when doing front raises your elbows’ll be pointing out to the side.

imagine trying to balance a cup on your elbow joints when lifting the bar[/quote]

Are you referring to Upright Rows? Because yes, that would a great idea actually.

[quote]Claudan wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

imagine trying to balance a cup on your elbow joints when lifting the bar[/quote]

Are you referring to Upright Rows? Because yes, that would a great idea actually. [/quote]

na mate, lifting with a straight arm. Try it, you’ll get what I mean once you give it a bash. Just remember to point your elbow joints up at the ceiling.

Basically turns a front raise into a really good overall shoulder builder, instead of just isolating your anterior delts, which you don’t need.