Antagonist Training Question

so im starting up this t-nations TBT routine this week
and im confused on antagonist training

"2) Weeks 2,4,6 and 8 are to be performed as antagonist training. Every session consists of six exercises so antagonist training is simple; all you have to do is perform three antagonist exercise groupings during each workout.

For instance, perform quads/hams, chest/back, and biceps/triceps exercise pairings for the recommended sets and reps.

Example: Do one set for chest, then one for back, then another for chest, etc. Then move on to the next pairing, like quads/hams or biceps/triceps. "

"Workout 1

Sets: 3

Reps: 5

Rest: 60 seconds between sets

Load: Choose a weight that forces you to near-failure for the last rep of the last set.*

*This is the recommended load for all workouts.
"
so if im doing 3 sets for my workouts then if i were doing chest and back, with this “antagonist training” concept for example i’d do 1 set bench, 1 set db rows, then 1 set bench again or how does it work?

and its giving me examples pairing chest and back and bis and tris, i figured it’d be chest and tris and bis and back, but im probably wrong

if anybody could clarify for me i’d appreciate it

[quote]droozie wrote:
so im starting up this t-nations TBT routine this week and im confused on antagonist training

"2) Weeks 2,4,6 and 8 are to be performed as antagonist training. Every session consists of six exercises so antagonist training is simple; all you have to do is perform three antagonist exercise groupings during each workout.

For instance, perform quads/hams, chest/back, and biceps/triceps exercise pairings for the recommended sets and reps.

Example: Do one set for chest, then one for back, then another for chest, etc. Then move on to the next pairing, like quads/hams or biceps/triceps. "

"Workout 1

Sets: 3

Reps: 5

Rest: 60 seconds between sets

Load: Choose a weight that forces you to near-failure for the last rep of the last set.*

*This is the recommended load for all workouts.
"
so if im doing 3 sets for my workouts then if i were doing chest and back, with this “antagonist training” concept for example i’d do 1 set bench, 1 set db rows, then 1 set bench again or how does it work?

and its giving me examples pairing chest and back and bis and tris, i figured it’d be chest and tris and bis and back, but im probably wrong

if anybody could clarify for me i’d appreciate it[/quote]

antagonist means opposing muscle groups.

so you would pair a chest with a back exercise, and so on.

It you’re supersetting you would do a bench press with a row as one complete set, rest then repeat