Another ZMA Thread

ZMA is all well and good, but I happen to have a multivitamin that has zinc and a magnesium vitamin, for whatever reason. I’m not inquiring about what would be cheaper, but would this multi and magnesium vitamin every night be a fine substitute, or is there something “special” ZMA does?

ZMA changed the oil in my truck last week, and helped me with some statistics homework today. Tommorrow, I think I saw that ZMA had doing my laundry on its calender.

In all seriousness, Your mutli-vitamin has an awful lot of things in it, many of which can affect the absorption of zinc. Calcium is the main blocker of zinc absorption, and I think copper has an effect as well. You probably absorb very little, if any, of the zinc in your multi-vite. At BARE minimum, go to GNC and pick up a 3 dollar bottle of zinc pills, and take two a day without food. But don’t except too much effect from that.

I REALLY hope Biotest gets more ZMA in soon. I would volunteer to work in Biotest’s zinc mines if it would help the product get to shelf sooner. I got a nice, 16 pound sledge that I haven’t been able to swing at anything since I have moved to topeka.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
ZMA changed the oil in my truck last week, and helped me with some statistics homework today. Tommorrow, I think I saw that ZMA had doing my laundry on its calender.

[/quote]

Yes, but did it save you any money on your car insurance?