Another Young Gang Member

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Inasmuch as the police exist to protect and serve the political institutions that pay them, the case could be made that they already do.
[/quote]

care to explain?

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Inasmuch as the police exist to protect and serve the political institutions that pay them, the case could be made that they already do.
[/quote]

care to explain?[/quote]

I think he’s suggesting that the police are nothing more than enforcers for corrupt politicians bankrolled by taxpayers against their interests.

I’m not Varq, just my interpretation of what he said.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:
They blame the cops because it’s undeniably sad for their family. What are you trying to prove here?[/quote]

Maybe if we starting blaming the gangs, fewer children would join and fewer would die. Blaming the cops does nothing but encourage more situations like this in the future.

Putting blame where it’s deserved, with the gangs, the kid, and the parents might help break that cycle and save a human being or 2.[/quote]

Amen.

Parents and communities lament when their kids are killed, but they are absent from their lives before they end.

[quote]WN76 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

They blame the cops because it’s undeniably sad for their family. What are you trying to prove here?[/quote]

Maybe if we starting blaming the gangs, fewer children would join and fewer would die. Blaming the cops does nothing but encourage more situations like this in the future.

Putting blame where it’s deserved, with the gangs, the kid, and the parents might help break that cycle and save a human being or 2.[/quote]

Amen.

Parents and communities lament when their kids are killed, but they are absent from their lives before they end. [/quote]

LOL @ thinking this kid had “parents”.

There is a reason his AUNT is the one being interviewed.

The gangs become the “parents”, the “friends” and the “family”.

What good is pointing the blame at them doing? Then what?

well, family or not, I think we can all agree that the world is a little better/safer now that this punk is gone.

thank god the cops did their jobs and made their community a little safer

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]WN76 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Amen.

Parents and communities lament when their kids are killed, but they are absent from their lives before they end. [/quote]

LOL @ thinking this kid had “parents”.

There is a reason his AUNT is the one being interviewed.

The gangs become the “parents”, the “friends” and the “family”.

What good is pointing the blame at them doing? Then what?[/quote]

Notice how I said the parents were ABSENT from his life. I don’t care if it’s his Aunt. Someone is responsible for a 14 year old. I think blaming the parents for not being there is perfectly acceptable. Why weren’t they there?

What good is blaming the police? They cops were a consequence, not a reason for this kid trying to kill someone else.

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[/quote]

care to explain?[/quote]

I think WN76 and Professor X articulated what I was implying pretty well.

Guys there’s actually a decent amount of good logic and levelheadedness in this thread, could we blow up at each other and make outrageous claims so this will be a more fun read by the time it reaches page 5?

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Guys there’s actually a decent amount of good logic and levelheadedness in this thread, could we blow up at each other and make outrageous claims so this will be a more fun read by the time it reaches page 5?[/quote]

I find your post extremely racist, also the correct form of level-headedness contains a hyphen between the level and the headedness, fight me when we get to page 5.