T Nation

Another Wetsside Question

Hello! Just a quick question, on dynamic effort day. Dave Tate state that max effort i-e above 90% load should be used at the end of the 8 for around 10% of the sets. If I do it for 10% then I do It every dynamic effort day but that doesn’t sound right.

Anny advice would be nice

Thanks in advance powerlifters legion!

keep fighting
adonail

I think you overthinking it. That is why Louie and Dave are against percentage based training.

If you feel good and you haven’t worked up heavy in a while do a couple sets of heavy doubles at the end. Just don’t do it every week.

[quote]mattwray wrote:
I think you overthinking it. That is why Louie and Dave are against percentage based training.

If you feel good and you haven’t worked up heavy in a while do a couple sets of heavy doubles at the end. Just don’t do it every week.[/quote]

Yeah, what he said!
I got really discouraged (even AFTER Daves’ seminar) with all the numbers, circa-maximal etc., etc. It’s easy to get too involved with the minutia of the Westside template but you can trim a lot of fat from it and keep the meat and potatoes and I’d bet you’ll get even better results because you can focus on bustin’ ass more than making all that math sound right.