Another Unusual Exercise Index

Seeing as I can no longer post in Alpha, I want to make some effort to continue the unusual exercise index thread.

First Entry: The Power Sled Row as demonstrated by Mr. Mark ‘Jackass’ Bell.

Impressive. But could it take the slot in your workout you normally reserve for Back Extensions, Romanian Deadlifts, or (Gasp!) Power Cleans?

If you’ve got an unusual exercise you’d like to bring to the table, then put up a picture or a video so we know exactly what it is.

If you think any unusual exercises on this thread suck or kick ass, then please share your opinions.

i remember seeing a similar sled exercise dave tate was doing in a video. but instead of rowing he would bring his arms from directly in front to extended to the sides. hard to explain but like a bent over lateral raise, but standing.

[quote]Therizza wrote:
i remember seeing a similar sled exercise dave tate was doing in a video. but instead of rowing he would bring his arms from directly in front to extended to the sides. hard to explain but like a bent over lateral raise, but standing.[/quote]

Was that on one of the westside tapes?? I’ve seen them do that sorta thing too. There’s no real limit to the exercises you can seem to with the sled.

nice thread.

yea its from some westside video. cant seem to find a link though. i think it was part of dynamic effort day

Howsabout this one?

Chris “Ox” Mason at EliteFTS built a machine that replicates this exercise, but is safer.

[quote]skidmark wrote:
Howsabout this one?

Chris “Ox” Mason at EliteFTS built a machine that replicates this exercise, but is safer.[/quote]

Here’s the Machine

Just doing close-stance SSB Squats with your arms at your side will force you to take a lot of weight off the bar.

At the End of this video you see Dave do the Side Raises dragging the sled Behind.

I think this is what you’re referring to.

Very Different Exercise.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
skidmark wrote:
Howsabout this one?

Chris “Ox” Mason at EliteFTS built a machine that replicates this exercise, but is safer.

Here’s the Machine

Just doing close-stance SSB Squats with your arms at your side will force you to take a lot of weight off the bar. [/quote]

Why can’t gyms buy machines like this instead of the usual shit they buy?

Bam Bam Levers
www.xlathlete.com/view_exercise2.jsp?exercise_id=606

Thors Hammer
www.xlathlete.com/view_exercise2.jsp?exercise_id=54

Lying reverse flys

Chain and Plate side Laterals - crazy how diffent these feel

Back Extension with x pattern - might as well hit the upper back as well?
www.xlathlete.com/view_exercise2.jsp?exercise_id=372

The Original Thread

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_strength/another_unusual_exercise_index

Aside from the “Forgotten Lifts” website that can be found in this original thread, I stumbled across a blog that posts nothing but old school bodybuilding, weightlifting, powerlifting, and “getting jacked” articles.

I probably found it on T-Nation.

http://ditillo2.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=50
max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=50

This Picture can be found on the website. Probably from the days before the Bench.

I’ve seen a notable strongman knock out 275lbs in the wrestler’s neck bridge press. Still most incredible thing I have ever seen. I tried to follow suite with a measely 95 lbs and almost broke my neck. Very difficult lift.

Here’s a good site for some of the old-time lifts

weightlifting.moonfruit.com

sweet site thanks FightingScott.