Another Tuna Question

I know this is a highly debated topic. Though I eat a packet of starkist tuna just about everyday. I just realized that those packets have 3.5 servings in them. Is they way too much tuna? I eat the packet 5 days a week. I love the convience of the packet, though I’m starting to wonder if this is too much.

Those packets are great! They have more than 50 grams of protein if you eat the whole thing. I will sometimes pick up a pack of Albacore Tuna when traveling or when I need a quick and convenient meal when not at home.

However, I’d recommend eating them less due to the mercury levels. I believe the recommendation now is 2-3 times a week, to be safe.

I think eating the tuna is fine just limit eating the packet to a few days a week…unless of course you are aluminum deficient.;p

While it may be too much tuna in regards to mercury, as a general rule of thumb, don’t go by the serving sizes listed. They do not apply to anyone at T-Nation.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the info.

use the search feature, set it to only search articles, and search for the answer to this question. there was a whole article written about this. from what i remember, the mercury has to build up to some certain amount, and that amount could only be built up be eating several cans of tuna per day, every day, for a long time.

i believe the article concluded that if you eat a can (and i believe by can they were refering to the one that says it has 2.5 servings…bigger than the tiny one, smaller than the big one?) of tuna per day you would be alright. ive gone through periods where id eat 3-4 cans a day, for months at a time, and i didnt notice it making me any stupidester or anything like that. oh and i didnt die.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
use the search feature, set it to only search articles, and search for the answer to this question. there was a whole article written about this. from what i remember, the mercury has to build up to some certain amount, and that amount could only be built up be eating several cans of tuna per day, every day, for a long time.

i believe the article concluded that if you eat a can (and i believe by can they were refering to the one that says it has 2.5 servings…bigger than the tiny one, smaller than the big one?) of tuna per day you would be alright. ive gone through periods where id eat 3-4 cans a day, for months at a time, and i didnt notice it making me any stupidester or anything like that. oh and i didnt die.[/quote]

dez… great answer and help bro but i thin k you need to rely on your eyes to do some searching for you and check the dates of threads.

This one was last posted to a month and 9 days ago, the OP is likely gone.

I don’t care if this is old or not but I have to say:

Mix that shit with PB/Cottage Cheese/Metabolic Drive!