T Nation

Another Testosterone Cypionate Question

So I started testosterone cypionate back in March at 200mg a week. (Original t results were 180)I did this for about 16 weeks and was very happy with my strength gains...well then my dr had me go to the lab for t results. It was around 1200 and he had me lower my dosage to 150 a week. Been doing that for 5 weeks.

Now my strength gains have come to a halt but my latest lab results came back around 930. So I want my strength gains to improve again. Should I raise my dosage back up? If I do how do I lower my t results to minipulate the lab results? Not sure when he wants me to go back to the lab but I want to be ready to give a t result that he wont question. .any advice would be appreciated.

[quote]diesel32 wrote:
So I started testosterone cypionate back in March at 200mg a week. (Original t results were 180)I did this for about 16 weeks and was very happy with my strength gains…well then my dr had me go to the lab for t results. It was around 1200 and he had me lower my dosage to 150 a week. Been doing that for 5 weeks.

Now my strength gains have come to a halt but my latest lab results came back around 930. So I want my strength gains to improve again. Should I raise my dosage back up? If I do how do I lower my t results to minipulate the lab results? Not sure when he wants me to go back to the lab but I want to be ready to give a t result that he wont question. .any advice would be appreciated. [/quote]

You will always plateau nevertheless it doesn’t work like that with TRT.

If you haven’t done so, you need to change your training program to be more strength specific. Low reps, good rest intervals, never train to failure, do heavy lifts. That’s kinda it + the diet ofc preferably surplus calories. This done properly and you will progress. Your T levels are only one factor out of many.

Also you need to understand that without ai or serm you’ve considerably raised your estrogen levels which after time will negate the effects of testosterone,to say it very bluntly.

All the best.

Thanks for info. Right now im using a westside barbell program with 2 heavy days and two speed days. My program seems good and using heavy weights. Just noticed when I changed dosages my gains stopped.
Also I have been considering armidex but dont know how to get them without asking my doc. Im not sure if I trust buying off internet. Any suggestions?

[quote]diesel32 wrote:
Thanks for info. Right now im using a westside barbell program with 2 heavy days and two speed days. My program seems good and using heavy weights. Just noticed when I changed dosages my gains stopped.
Also I have been considering armidex but dont know how to get them without asking my doc. Im not sure if I trust buying off internet. Any suggestions? [/quote]

Why do you need an AI? Do you have abnormally high estradiol or not?

I wouldn’t mess around with what a doc behind his back.

TRT is not intended to make outrageous strength and size gains, but rather to restore normal T values.

When you inject once a week, levels change greatly and your lab results are more of a function of your lab timing than your dose. Changing lab timing changes the results. You can’t get anastrozole dose right with changing T levels. You can inject twice a week and take anastrozole at that time.

Many get anastrozole from the www and the liquid products allow for fine dose incremental changes.

Get your labs and post with ranges!!!

Without hCG, your testes will probably get tiny and may ache 24x7

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
PSA and DRE if older
CBC
hematocrit!
AST/ALT

Read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections
  • things that damage your hormones
  • finding a TRT doc

Hello KSman,
Question for you…so I talked my Dr into doing bloodwork to test estrogen. He agreed to and my T was 795 (which is close to what it usually is) and my estrogen was at 56 (I’ve noticed some bellyfat and lethargic coming back) He said he was going to consult with a endocrinologist because he admitted he doesnt know alot about TRT. Should I push the issue and request Arimdex? I think with the high E2 he would go for it…anything else I should tell him or ask for?

For an E2 level like that, you will need an AI.

I resisted 2 x weekly at first, but it’s definitely the way to do go.

Thanks for info.

1. What would be a correct dose? How often?
  2. What will I notice?
    I havent got my prescription yet and if he doesnt write one where can I find a reliable www to get an AI?

What is your Test dose? And you know what your estrogen was before you started on the t replacement?

Read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections

My estrogen was never tested before I started.
And I’ve been taking 160mg of test cyp once a week for 6 months now.

Inject 80mg twice a week and take anastrozole at that time. Once a week is not optimal.

Thanks…And take .5 mg anastrozole each day I inject test?

Yes, then test E2. You should try to get near E2=22pg/ml.

If you were to get E2=28, you would adjust dose like this:
new dose = old dose X 28/22 or 1mg/week x 28/22 = 1.27mg/week

Note that this method will also calculate a dose reduction.

See the stickies re anastrozole over-responders who need 1/4th the expected dose.

You will need to test after you start the AI, for sure. It’s too bad you didn’t get and E2 test before to know whether or not you were starting out high. I would think that if your E2 is at 50+ with 160mg of test, you started high. My brother take the same dose and only takes DIM and his E2 is ~30. I started with E2 of 11 and with .5 twice/wk I dropped to 9.

Thanks…I’ve been bugging my doctor to prescribe the AI. Hopefully I can get him educated. If not I might have to resort to the web. Whats a reliable www? I’m very skeptcal from taking meds from the internet…

Would it be possible for you to just change doctors? I’d favor real pharmacy meds if i were you. I got recipe from my own doc and 100x1mg pills cost little less than 20 euros, which is dirt cheap.

Discussing [grey market] sources is discouraged here, there are law enforcement issues that came up years ago affecting many websites that you would not be aware of that impacted how websites need to operate. If you are seeking a liquid anastrozole product, simply google those terms.

Personally, I feel if you cannot get a doctor to manage your E2 levels, you may need to resort to getting E2 lab work on your own and self medicating.

What is the diesel connection?

I enjoy doing 80mph [true speed] at 1700 rpm.

haha…Just a nickname that stuck