Another School Shooting

this is sad.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/02/amish.shooting/index.html

PARADISE, Pennsylvania (CNN) – A lone gunman walked into a one-room Amish schoolhouse Monday and opened fire, killing six people, according to initial reports.

The gunman then shot and killed himself, police said.

The shooting took place at Wolf Rock School in Paradise, a school run by the Amish community with about 27 students in grades 1 through 8.

The man ordered some students to leave before opening fire on the remaining students, said state police spokesman Jack Lewis. (Watch aftermath of deadly school shooting – 2:00)

Lewis told CNN that the gunman shot and killed at least three students and a county coroner told The Associated Press that at least 6 people had been killed in the shooting.

A number of other children have been seriously injured, he said.

He said he did not know the motive for the attack.

“So far, six confirmed dead, and the helicopters are pulling into (Lancaster General Hospital) like crazy,” said Coroner G. Gary Kirchner, according to AP.

It was unclear if the shooter was among the six, according to AP. State Police Cpl. Ralph Striebig told AP earlier that the shooter was dead.

Lancaster General Hospital initially received three young patients, ages 6 to 15 – one in critical condition – and expects to receive three more patients soon, spokeswoman Kim Hatch told CNN shortly after 1 p.m.

The three initial patients were transferred to other hospitals: two to Hershey Medical Center and the other to Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia, she said.

Lancaster County’s 911 Web site reported dozens of emergency vehicles – including at least nine ambulances – were dispatched to Bart Township shortly before 11 a.m. for a “medical emergency.” The Lancaster County emergency communications Web site showed 20 incident calls listed to the normally quiet Bart Township at 10:48 a.m.

Shortly after the attack, men, women and girls in traditional Amish clothing gathered in small groups outside the country schoolhouse along a dirt road. Horse-drawn carriages could be seen in a nearby parking lot.

Copyright 2006 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.

It is like it is becoming a trend. Suicidal copy cat murderers.

Too close to home.

It’s only a half hour from my place. Literally the last place you’d ever expect.

[quote]JustTheFacts wrote:
It’s only a half hour from my place. Literally the last place you’d ever expect.[/quote]

You live too close to me.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:
It’s only a half hour from my place. Literally the last place you’d ever expect.

You live too close to me.[/quote]

That’s really funny.

Sorry Zap.

Was the man Amish? This is a really weird story.

That’s two in a month. Three if you count the one in Montreal.

Frickin horrible. Been listening to the news reports all day. How sick do you have to be to want to kill kids to resolve some issues you have. Boggles the mind.

I heard a report that the guy barred the doors with wooden beams. The troopers crashed the windows to get in but the sick fuck alread killed himself.

Horrible. I am just catching bits and pieces - but this is happening way too often.

On another, unrelated topic: Zap and JTF. Are they different sides of the same coin?

If this is true - it answers a LOT of questions.

I couldn’t believe it when I saw it earlier today… I thought perhaps they were just talking about a previous incident.

It seems the “mental barrier” against this type of thing has been broken. I mean, sick people now “think of” this type of thing along with whatever other crazy shit they used to consider.

Why can’t they just commit suicide on their own and not kill completely unrelated innocent individuals on the way out?

That one incident in Montreal probably inspired these assholes to do their own school shooting. Chain reaction.

Apparently the dude let all the guys go and only killed the girls to avenge something that happened long ago.

JustTheFacts wrote:

What A Douche.

JustTheFacts wrote:

There ya go, one more reason to move to Israel.

[quote]JustTheFacts wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
JustTheFacts wrote:

You live too close to me.

There ya go, one more reason to move to Israel.[/quote]

Fuck off, you inbred neo-nazi.

Here are a few thoughts I had on all of this.

1. Maybe it is time to separate child molestors from the rest of society. Some have suggested capital punishment. Perhaps that is too harsh in a lot of cases, but I certainly feel that they need to be permenantly separated from the rest of society. How? Im not real sure.

2. We need to start taking our domestic defense more serious. Due to the Posse Comitatus Act, that duty falls on the police. As this is my profession, I can speak with some authority. We are woefully under-manned, under-funded, under-trained and ill-equipped. Our selection process is a joke in most places and instead of hiring as close to the intellectual and physical elite as possible, I swear we look at the opposite end. Im not saying that a much more advanced police force would completely neutralize these things, but it would certainly give the good people in society a fighting chance. Please dont take any of that to mean that the recent school shootings were handled poorly. I dont believe they were at all. I am just thinking locally and trying to imagine handling something like this with a lot of the guys I am around. Its not a comforting thought.

Our view of the police also needs to change. We are here to protect society from its predators. Period. Perhaps you can add managing the roadways to that list of duties. The police are not here to fix your plumbing or bring you a coke(both true calls, btw). Hell, while Im at it, the police are not here to grab money from the citizens and turn it over to greedy-ass politicians. I cant tell you how much damage a lot of this screwed up thinking has done to the profession and it is why there are so many dopey, out-of-shape clowns working as cops when we need hard men and women to do the job.

1. Everyone in society that plays for the “good guy” team needs to step up and take more responsibility for all of our collective safety. If something doesnt look right, dont just ignore it. Do something. Report it to the police. And for godsakes, realize that the cops cant be everywhere. This means everyone should learn how to protect themselves to some degree. If you are lucky enough to live somewhere that allows concealed carry, consider it.

From what I can see, we are really starting to slip…

This one sucks bad. :frowning:

[quote]ExNole wrote:
Was the man Amish? This is a really weird story. [/quote]

no he was there to just drop off some stuff, was it milk? I cant remember, but he wasnt Amish.

[quote]julia87 wrote:
ExNole wrote:
Was the man Amish? This is a really weird story.

no he was there to just drop off some stuff, was it milk? I cant remember, but he wasnt Amish.[/quote]

He did it because he claimed he molested family members 20 years ago and now had the urge to do it again. Read the story here its pretty fucked up. CNN.com - Police: School killer told wife he molested family members - Oct 3, 2006