Another School Shooting

Right down the road from Columbine.

EDITED for accuracy.

It seems like it is one person who got back at a teacher. Fortunately not a mass slaughter, the business was specific.

[quote]DeadKong wrote:
It seems like it is one person who got back at a teacher. Fortunately not a mass slaughter, the business was specific.[/quote]

But the liberal agenda against guns is vague and they never let a crisis go to waste.

Have to agree, push for more gun laws in 3, 2, 1…

I don’t know. From everything I’ve read it was a “shotgun.” No reports of “assault shotgun” or “tactical shotgun” yet. It was nice to hear that the SOP when this thing happens is to attack the gunman swift instead of hanging back and trying to communicate. LEO apparently quickly ran their active shooter protocol and put an end to it quickly. Good on them.

Thank goodness nobody was killed but him.

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:
It was nice to hear that the SOP when this thing happens is to attack the gunman swift instead of hanging back and trying to communicate. LEO apparently quickly ran their active shooter protocol and put an end to it quickly. Good on them.[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more. The old cordon, contain, and negotiate tactics have no place in a true active shooter scenario. If that was my kids school I’d take little comfort in the fact that the shooter has been contained with all the children. From a LEO perspective, there’s nothing more frustrating that sitting on a cordon while the brass double check their liability insurance. I hope other agencies were watching closely. They did the best they could in a terrible situation; sometimes it means earning your danger pay.

“Police said the targeted teacher probably saved lives by fleeing the school in an attempt to lure the gunman out of the building.”

Not to make light of a tragic situation, but this made me chuckle.

[quote]batman730 wrote:
“Police said the targeted teacher probably saved lives by fleeing the school in an attempt to lure the gunman out of the building.”

Not to make light of a tragic situation, but this made me chuckle.[/quote]

Ya I was going to post on this but I wanted to wait till I got more info. I don’t think what the teacher did was couragous at all. I think it was a cowardly act completely. If I was a parent of one of the kids that got shot I would be absolutely livid, specifically at this teacher.

Supposidly the kid killed himself, which means he had an agenda…Get in, kill teacher, kill himself. The other 2 kids, were because he couldn’t find the teacher.

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]batman730 wrote:

Ya I was going to post on this but I wanted to wait till I got more info. I don’t think what the teacher did was couragous at all. I think it was a cowardly act completely. If I was a parent of one of the kids that got shot I would be absolutely livid, specifically at this teacher.

Supposidly the kid killed himself, which means he had an agenda…Get in, kill teacher, kill himself. The other 2 kids, were because he couldn’t find the teacher.[/quote]

The teacher would have known the kid hated him for whatever reason and ran for hills when he saw the gun. On some level I think we can all appreciate the mental image of an asshole teacher (we all had at least one) shitting himself and running out of the school building. The reality is terrifying and not funny at all.

I agree, the teacher is a coward.

Also, how do you not kill your intended target with a shotgun? Was it .410 or something? Small/fine shot? Didn’t get close enough? Missed and ran out of ammo?

[quote]KAS wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]batman730 wrote:

Supposidly the kid killed himself, which means he had an agenda…Get in, kill teacher, kill himself. The other 2 kids, were because he couldn’t find the teacher.[/quote]

The teacher would have known the kid hated him for whatever reason and ran for hills when he saw the gun. On some level I think we can all appreciate the mental image of an asshole teacher (we all had at least one) shitting himself and running out of the school building. The reality is terrifying and not funny at all.

[/quote]

Just to be clear, it was the choice of wording that I quoted from the article that I found a bit amusing.

The situation is anything but.