T Nation

Another Reason why Obama is Incompetant

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/109983/why-is-the-gulf-cleanup-so-slow?mod=bb-budgeting

The other vessels that skim oil is debatable . but the Jones act forbids foreign vessels from transporting goods from port in America to another port in America . That is all the Jones act does . what goods need transported that American ships can not handle it ?

The Homeland Security Secretary can waive the Jones Act; why doesn’t the article call Janet Napolitano incompetent? Perhaps the reason the Jones Act hasn’t been waived is because it would invite a shitload of huge ships into the middle of a gulf they’re unfamiliar with that is filled with more than 30,000 oil rigs of some kind in the middle of the hurricane season. Not saying Obama is handling this well, but why doesn’t this article address these factors?

This article also claims that it’s possible Obama cares more about organized labor than the condition of the Gulf. That is possible, but definitely not probable. Organized labor has much more to lose from the extended effects of the oil spill than the temporary waiving of the Jones Act. Organized labor sure didn’t flip out when the Jones Act was waved after Katrina.

The most absurd claim by Rubin is that Obama may possibly be purposefully letting the oil spill continue to damage the ocean as some sort of twisted lesson to those who support drilling and oppose “embrac[ing] a clean energy future.” President Obama may be incompetent but to suggest that he hopes the oil spill continues to get worse and worse or that he is purposefully turning a blind eye to possible remedies essentially to make a point is asinine.

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/06/10/jones-act-slowing-oil-spill-cleanup/?test=latestnews

[quote]phil_leotardo wrote:
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/06/10/jones-act-slowing-oil-spill-cleanup/?test=latestnews[/quote]

Yeah, like I’m supposed to accept the validity of a stance FoxNews takes against Obama. The same fuckers who tried to blame the oil spill on Clinton? Come on.

Another reason why Obama is incompentant
Why Obama is incompetant
Obama is incompetant
incompetant

lrn2spell

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]phil_leotardo wrote:
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/06/10/jones-act-slowing-oil-spill-cleanup/?test=latestnews[/quote]

Yeah, like I’m supposed to accept the validity of a stance FoxNews takes against Obama. The same fuckers who tried to blame the oil spill on Clinton? Come on.[/quote]

Cite.[/quote]

I just saw one of these talking bobblehead dolls on Fox blame Clinton due to some legislation he passed in 1999. I also saw the same clip a few days later on the DailyShow. You don’t believe me? Go and find it yourself; I know what I saw and heard and my unwillingness to scour the archives of FoxNews’ website for this just to placate you is not evidence that it didn’t happen.

Besides, if you remember back to the Civil War thread a few months ago, you have a habit of dismissing any primary evidence presented to you that doesn’t fit into your argument anyways, so what’s the point? Remember when you lambasted me for saying that the southerners were guilty of extorting their fellow southerners during the war? You ridiculed me, I provided several letters from southerners showing as much that were written during the war that were in a book compiled by one of the the pre-eminent experts on Civil War history. Concrete primary evidence, yet you dismissed by saying something along the lines of “I don’t have to believe that.” Well you didn’t and exposed yourself for the rigid, biased fool that you are.

I do not see how this would apply to the skimming vessels , I doubt they are kept out by this law

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
The Homeland Security Secretary can waive the Jones Act; why doesn’t the article call Janet Napolitano incompetent? Perhaps the reason the Jones Act hasn’t been waived is because it would invite a shitload of huge ships into the middle of a gulf they’re unfamiliar with that is filled with more than 30,000 oil rigs of some kind in the middle of the hurricane season. Not saying Obama is handling this well, but why doesn’t this article address these factors?

This article also claims that it’s possible Obama cares more about organized labor than the condition of the Gulf. That is possible, but definitely not probable. Organized labor has much more to lose from the extended effects of the oil spill than the temporary waiving of the Jones Act. Organized labor sure didn’t flip out when the Jones Act was waved after Katrina.

The most absurd claim by Rubin is that Obama may possibly be purposefully letting the oil spill continue to damage the ocean as some sort of twisted lesson to those who support drilling and oppose “embrac[ing] a clean energy future.” President Obama may be incompetent but to suggest that he hopes the oil spill continues to get worse and worse or that he is purposefully turning a blind eye to possible remedies essentially to make a point is asinine.[/quote]

DoucheBagCouper says."Obama is just all right we me, yea Obama is just allright with me.

[quote]JEATON wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
The Homeland Security Secretary can waive the Jones Act; why doesn’t the article call Janet Napolitano incompetent? Perhaps the reason the Jones Act hasn’t been waived is because it would invite a shitload of huge ships into the middle of a gulf they’re unfamiliar with that is filled with more than 30,000 oil rigs of some kind in the middle of the hurricane season. Not saying Obama is handling this well, but why doesn’t this article address these factors?

This article also claims that it’s possible Obama cares more about organized labor than the condition of the Gulf. That is possible, but definitely not probable. Organized labor has much more to lose from the extended effects of the oil spill than the temporary waiving of the Jones Act. Organized labor sure didn’t flip out when the Jones Act was waved after Katrina.

The most absurd claim by Rubin is that Obama may possibly be purposefully letting the oil spill continue to damage the ocean as some sort of twisted lesson to those who support drilling and oppose “embrac[ing] a clean energy future.” President Obama may be incompetent but to suggest that he hopes the oil spill continues to get worse and worse or that he is purposefully turning a blind eye to possible remedies essentially to make a point is asinine.[/quote]

DoucheBagCouper says."Obama is just all right we me, yea Obama is just allright with me.
[/quote]

Powerful stuff there Jeaton.

(It’s okay, I vent on here sometimes too. )

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
The Homeland Security Secretary can waive the Jones Act; why doesn’t the article call Janet Napolitano incompetent? Perhaps the reason the Jones Act hasn’t been waived is because it would invite a shitload of huge ships into the middle of a gulf they’re unfamiliar with that is filled with more than 30,000 oil rigs of some kind in the middle of the hurricane season. Not saying Obama is handling this well, but why doesn’t this article address these factors?

This article also claims that it’s possible Obama cares more about organized labor than the condition of the Gulf. That is possible, but definitely not probable. Organized labor has much more to lose from the extended effects of the oil spill than the temporary waiving of the Jones Act. Organized labor sure didn’t flip out when the Jones Act was waved after Katrina.

The most absurd claim by Rubin is that Obama may possibly be purposefully letting the oil spill continue to damage the ocean as some sort of twisted lesson to those who support drilling and oppose “embrac[ing] a clean energy future.” President Obama may be incompetent but to suggest that he hopes the oil spill continues to get worse and worse or that he is purposefully turning a blind eye to possible remedies essentially to make a point is asinine.[/quote]

DoucheBagCouper says."Obama is just all right we me, yea Obama is just allright with me.
[/quote]

Powerful stuff there Jeaton.

(It’s okay, I vent on here sometimes too. )[/quote]

Yes, very powerful stuff. What an intelligent contribution to the discussion. I suppose someone as dimwitted as yourself would interpret my refusal to accept the false premises of this article as wholesale support for Obama. I’m not a fan of him at all, but if we’re going to attack him and his policies, the attacks must have some merit behind them, which this article lacks. Someone like yourself discredits those who are against Obama for good reasons. Thanks again for your contribution; it’s apparent who the real douchebag is now.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

DoucheBagCouper says."Obama is just all right we me, yea Obama is just allright with me.
[/quote]

That went right over their heads, JEAT, my man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra7_60iwpk8[/quote]

I lived about a block from where the Doobie Brothers used to live in San Jose. Hardly went over my head pal. Just didn’t see any point in acknowledging it.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

DoucheBagCouper says."Obama is just all right we me, yea Obama is just allright with me.
[/quote]

That went right over their heads, JEAT, my man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra7_60iwpk8[/quote]

Love those Doobie Bro.s

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
The Homeland Security Secretary can waive the Jones Act; why doesn’t the article call Janet Napolitano incompetent? Perhaps the reason the Jones Act hasn’t been waived is because it would invite a shitload of huge ships into the middle of a gulf they’re unfamiliar with that is filled with more than 30,000 oil rigs of some kind in the middle of the hurricane season. Not saying Obama is handling this well, but why doesn’t this article address these factors?

This article also claims that it’s possible Obama cares more about organized labor than the condition of the Gulf. That is possible, but definitely not probable. Organized labor has much more to lose from the extended effects of the oil spill than the temporary waiving of the Jones Act. Organized labor sure didn’t flip out when the Jones Act was waved after Katrina.

The most absurd claim by Rubin is that Obama may possibly be purposefully letting the oil spill continue to damage the ocean as some sort of twisted lesson to those who support drilling and oppose “embrac[ing] a clean energy future.” President Obama may be incompetent but to suggest that he hopes the oil spill continues to get worse and worse or that he is purposefully turning a blind eye to possible remedies essentially to make a point is asinine.[/quote]

DoucheBagCouper says."Obama is just all right we me, yea Obama is just allright with me.
[/quote]

Powerful stuff there Jeaton.

(It’s okay, I vent on here sometimes too. )[/quote]

Yes, very powerful stuff. What an intelligent contribution to the discussion. I suppose someone as dimwitted as yourself would interpret my refusal to accept the false premises of this article as wholesale support for Obama. I’m not a fan of him at all, but if we’re going to attack him and his policies, the attacks must have some merit behind them, which this article lacks. Someone like yourself discredits those who are against Obama for good reasons. Thanks again for your contribution; it’s apparent who the real douchebag is now.[/quote]

ummm…I assume this was meant for Jeaton or your sarcasm detector has been broken for some time now.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
The Homeland Security Secretary can waive the Jones Act; why doesn’t the article call Janet Napolitano incompetent? Perhaps the reason the Jones Act hasn’t been waived is because it would invite a shitload of huge ships into the middle of a gulf they’re unfamiliar with that is filled with more than 30,000 oil rigs of some kind in the middle of the hurricane season. Not saying Obama is handling this well, but why doesn’t this article address these factors?

This article also claims that it’s possible Obama cares more about organized labor than the condition of the Gulf. That is possible, but definitely not probable. Organized labor has much more to lose from the extended effects of the oil spill than the temporary waiving of the Jones Act. Organized labor sure didn’t flip out when the Jones Act was waved after Katrina.

The most absurd claim by Rubin is that Obama may possibly be purposefully letting the oil spill continue to damage the ocean as some sort of twisted lesson to those who support drilling and oppose “embrac[ing] a clean energy future.” President Obama may be incompetent but to suggest that he hopes the oil spill continues to get worse and worse or that he is purposefully turning a blind eye to possible remedies essentially to make a point is asinine.[/quote]

DoucheBagCouper says."Obama is just all right we me, yea Obama is just allright with me.
[/quote]

Powerful stuff there Jeaton.

(It’s okay, I vent on here sometimes too. )[/quote]

Yes, very powerful stuff. What an intelligent contribution to the discussion. I suppose someone as dimwitted as yourself would interpret my refusal to accept the false premises of this article as wholesale support for Obama. I’m not a fan of him at all, but if we’re going to attack him and his policies, the attacks must have some merit behind them, which this article lacks. Someone like yourself discredits those who are against Obama for good reasons. Thanks again for your contribution; it’s apparent who the real douchebag is now.[/quote]

ummm…I assume this was meant for Jeaton or your sarcasm detector has been broken for some time now. [/quote]

Yeah it was. Sorry about the misquote/reference. For the record, I have a finely-honed sense of sarcasm.