Another Osgood Schlatter Post

I’m almost certain I have Osgood Schlatter’s disease. My brother was diagnosed with it. I’ve had it since I was young. I’m now 21 and it still causes pain in ‘that bump’. I’ve noticed a slight relief now that I take Flameout as well as Chondroitin, Glucosamin, +MSM.

I’ve searched a bit for awnsers…

Can anyone give me a concise answer to;

Best treatment? (stretches, foam roll, lifts?)
Has anyone almost cured it having had it for a long time?

Thanks,

I have it but I just deal with it, as unfortunately there is no ‘cure’. I don’t do any long distance running and try not to run on hard surfaces unless I have to, but as a wrestler some drills I do will always aggrivate the knee when I get home. All I can do is take a hot/cold shower and sit down for the rest of the night. I don’t have any cures for it besides not doing what makes it hurt a lot.

Usually you get it when you’re in your 11 or 12 or in your early teens. The condition occurs because the growth plate that the patellar tendon is attached to isn’t completely fused to the lower leg. It usually goes away when you stop growing, which is usually 21 at the latest. You should probably just go to a doctor and get it checked out. Its probably tendonitis or something like that.

Sorry I misread… but if you’ve stopped growing it might be something different and I would have it checked out.

When i was in my early teens and playing hockey the pain was excrusciating hours after a game and the following day. Now im 20 and I still have the bump but i don’t have the pain anymore. What worked for me was just using a wrap around my knees and it would help alleviate the pain.