Another "No Time" Diet Thread

Wall of text incoming, I appreciate anyone who takes time to read.

Hey guys, so I, along with probably 90% of the people that float through here have asked about diet options in the past. However, for me, that was more out of curiosity than necessity. Recently though I’ve been feeling bogged down. I’ve scaled my training back a bit with not much improvement, and my lifts are stagnating a bit. My main goal is strength, with a side goal of maintaining not being fat. So here’s the deal:

I work on average 9-10 hours a day. Which isnt uncommon, however were extremely high pace. I’m lucky if I can inch in a 5 minute lunch without being interrupted. It usually turns more into 3 seperate 5-10 minute lunches by the time I’m actually done eating.

I know my biggest immediate fault is breakfast, never been big on eating it, and I have a hard time getting up. However I’m aware if I can get my diet back in check this will hopefully get easier. So starting after my work trip tomorrow, I’ll be focusing on pounding some eggs and maybe ham or something every morning.

Lunch is a pain in the ass, but manageable. However I dont think I’m getting quite enough nutrients in. I broke down my average protein intake every week, and it comes out to around 90-120g (160ish if I manage protein shakes) a day right now. The easier the meal the better, because I sure as hell dont have time to enjoy it. I know chicken and tuna is the go to, but I cant fucking stand either one. Other options? Any kickass ways to bring chicken back to life for me? Tuna is a lost cause for me.

I’ve got dinner nailed. I’m a big fan of binge eating and can slam some food after a workout.

So… tldr:

I know I need to suck it up and start eating breakfast.

Dinner is alright.

Extremely protein dense foods for lunch?

Good snacks throughout the day, that take 0 preparation? Something I can kind of shovel in from under my desk whenever I think about it? Preferably cheaper than nuts, but ill manage whatever i have to.

Thanks!

I make a prosecco wine vinegarette with rosemary and basil that I (personally) can eat on chicken/salad/rollups multiple times a day, multiple days in a row.

It really did reinvigorate what had become pretty blah.

Same for balsamic, diced tomato and tuna, but I’m not gonna try to push that.

Both probably better cold than hot/fresh.

And nuts from the baking section at Aldi. Their big containers of cashews are unbeatable though. Those have become dangerous for me because I’ll wipe out 30 some oz’s in a few days.

Recipe, please!

Do you have time to prep?

If you measure out your target calories/macros for breakfast on one day, you multiply the amount by 5, and cook it. Breakfast made for the entire work-week. It holds over okay, on Friday it’s a bit sad but edible. I personally use feta cheese for flavour. The entire thread is pretty good. Batch prepping burritos is also a good idea for both breakfast and lunch. You can just hold it in your hand and grab a bite whenever you can.

Here are some dope dressings courtesy of the PN website,

Mexi-Mix Dressing:
Servings
8 large or 16 small

Ingredients
1 cup salsa
1 cups plain low-fat yogurt
4tbsp o3mega+ 3679 from Genuine Health (vanilla flavor)

Details
1 large serving provides 1000mg of omega3-rich, EPA and DHA
1 small serving provides 500mg of omega3-rich, EPA and DHA

Orange Sesame Vinaigrette:
Servings
8 large or 16 small

Ingredients
1/3 cup cold-pressed sesame seed oil
4tbsp o3mega from Genuine Health (orange flavor)
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1 orange (peel, white stuff and seeds removed)
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup mint (finely chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste

Details
1 large serving provides 2000mg of omega3-rich, EPA and DHA
1 small serving provides 1000mg of omega3-rich, EPA and DHA

Spicy Apple Vinaigrette:
Servings
8 large or 16 small

Ingredients
1/3 cup walnut oil
4tbsp o3mega+ 3679 from Genuine Health (vanilla flavor)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 organic gala apple (peeled, cored and cut into small pieces)
pinch of paprika
pinch of cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste

Details
1 large serving provides 1000mg of omega3-rich, EPA and DHA
1 small serving provides 500mg of omega3-rich, EPA and DHA

Asian Dressing:
Servings
8 large or 16 small

Ingredients
1/3 cup cold-pressed sesame seed oil
1/2 cup orange juice
4tbsp o3mega from Genuine Health (orange flavor)
1/2 cup shallots (finely diced)
1/2 teaspoon ginger (grated)
1/2 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
Salt, pepper and Splenda to taste

Details
1 large serving provides 2000mg of omega3-rich, EPA and DHA
1 small serving provides 1000mg of omega3-rich, EPA and DHA

And here is the best chicken recipe I’ve ever enjoyed, Herb-Butter Chicken | Great Jones

It’s pretty simple. More of a proportion than anything.

2/3 evo of your choice

1/3 prosecco wine vinegar

And I’m a pinch and dash kind of cook, so- in a 12 oz salad dressing bottle (Walmart cooking section) about a half tsp. of basil, rosemary, black pepper, and a quarter tsp. of cumin.

Shake, splash on some diced chicken with/out salad mix and chow!

In the balsamic I’ll add garlic, oregano, black pepper, hold the cumin.

I try to keep a lot of stuff as simple as possible. If it gets too difficult or complicated it won’t last.

1 Like

Have you considered protein shakes? What about peanut butter? They’re dense in calories and have an average amount of protein in it.
I like to wolf down cottage cheese every night before bed, and they’re a good source of casein protein.

When I was in the Marines coaching at Edson Range I’d put a cold steak in my pocket and eat it while walking back and forth to the head. Boiled eggs, protein bars ( The 5% Knock the carb Out bars are delicious) dried protein powder in a shaker cup. Where there’s a will…