Another Motivation Thread

Ok, so long story short, wife’s pregnancy, work stress, has thrown me totally off track, and now I’m struggling to get back into a routine.

I’ve gained some unwanted flab, and I’m to the point that it’s uncomfortable, and I don’t know if motivation is really the problem, I really need to drop the extra weight, and get back into eating better and into a workout routine.

anyway, the problem isn’t really motivation, it seems to be mental energy. I’m just mentally exhausted from my work day(computer network consultant), I’m driving a couple of hours a day, running all over creation and by the time I get home, I just want to vege out.

any suggestions on kicking my own ass into gear?

Look in the mirror…

Start working out in the mornings before work. That’s what I’ve had to do now that I’m in the real world.

Motivation to do anything is a short term proposition.

For long term success in any activity, a clarity of “standards” must be in place.

For instance, some people brush their teeth once a day. Others twice a day. Their actions are based on their standard of what is acceptable in their lives. How much “gunk” on their teeth or bad breath is acceptable to them.

I find that people rationalize not meeting their standards because of circumstances they have or are in. I know I do. Are you?

You have to motivate yourself, and with a lot of work stress and a pregnant wife you may literally have fallen into a position where you?re too physically and emotionally exhausted to do so.

My advice is to just do the best you can until things calm down, and adjust your diet to compensate. Make a big effort to trim out all junk food and alcohol; that will not only help you deal with the stress, it will give you more energy to get a workout in now and then.

im just going to give the words people give me when i cbf going to gym or lack the motivation

man the fuck up and get your ass in that gym

[quote]Curzon wrote:
I’m just mentally exhausted from my work day(computer network consultant), I’m driving a couple of hours a day, running all over creation and by the time I get home, I just want to vege out.[/quote]

BCAAs - especially when you wake up, go to sleep and before/during/after training.

See how that improves things, then throw in Spike.

Also might not be a bad idea to get a training partner, they can be your motivation when you don’t have any yourself. But that is a 2 way avenue so don’t always rely on them because sooner or later they will stop caring enough to force you to go.