Another Home Gym Thread

[quote]Captain Needa wrote:
I love my home gym. Many thanks to those here at T-Nation for sharing what works for you in your own setups.

I have an 8’ x 8’ lifting platform, 2 1/4 inch thick. It is adjusted to my garage floor slope.
I use the Rogue R-3 rack and Rogue mens bar. Plates are assorted craigslist finds along with the used incline bench. I also built plate storage racks that sit on the floor (not pictured).

[photo]39300[/photo]

In addition, the entire family has been able to get in on the action:

[photo]39301[/photo]

and

[photo]39302[/photo]

(edit: spelling)
[/quote]

Awesome name btw.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

One more angle

[/quote]

Sweet baby Jesus. I would pay to train there :slight_smile:

Great set up![/quote]

Thanks man. I’ve amazingly only ever had 1 other person train with me (not counting the Mrs) for 1 workout. I imagine it’s because I used to be in North Dakota, and the gym would get down to -30, haha.[/quote]

Shit, that’s cold. Been living in CA for the last 18 years, Probably have become too much of a pussy to handle that :slight_smile:

here is mine, underground garage : 600 m2., homemade rack, homemade trapbar, incline bench, boards, elastic bands, one barbell, 4 dbs , plates , some chains , and a sledge (of course, homemade ), never be so happy to train

There really is nothing better than training in your own gym.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Are you using the plywood to reduce damage to your garage floor? I ask 'cause I’m honestly not sure it’s necessary. Also, go to a tractor supply store and buy horse stall mats. They’re literally the exact same thing as the fitness mats but they’re about 10 bucks cheaper per mat.[/quote]

Yeah, the plan was 1/4" plywood under the horse stall mats. I’m leasing my current place and it’ll be in the basement so I’d like to make sure there is no damage to the floor that I’ll have to pay for later. [/quote]

Right on. Cut ‘em so they have teeth and fit together like puzzle pieces. It’ll cut down on warping and dead spots. Post pics. I’d kill to have my home gym again, but have nowhere to set it up currently so it’s chillin’ in storage.

opsss…

Phase 1

One more angle

[/quote]

That’s impressive and what I’m pretty much aiming for. I’ve got an order coming this month:
3 x 17mm thick 9ft x 9ft gym mats
Very basic rack (not a power rack, adjustable though)
Custom oly bar + set of bumpers 2 x 5kg, 10kg and 20kg
Trap bar

I’ve already got:
Cross trainer
Selection of KB’s
TRX and oly rings
A few smaller weights and an EZ bar

I’ll post when it’s all delivered and installed.

Ta

moog

^ Half rack with long spotter arms?

Went with some plywood for the flooring and then bought patio pavers pwnisher style to protect better with deadlifts.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Are you using the plywood to reduce damage to your garage floor? I ask 'cause I’m honestly not sure it’s necessary. Also, go to a tractor supply store and buy horse stall mats. They’re literally the exact same thing as the fitness mats but they’re about 10 bucks cheaper per mat.[/quote]

Yeah, the plan was 1/4" plywood under the horse stall mats. I’m leasing my current place and it’ll be in the basement so I’d like to make sure there is no damage to the floor that I’ll have to pay for later. [/quote]

I cannot imagine 1/4" ply not being sufficient. That being said, the few extra bucks you pay for 5/8" sure oughta deliver some piece of mind. Unless you are dropping like 405+ deadlifts from lockout I can’t imagine you damaging anything, barring a major accident where you topple a rack or something.

I can’t help with the plywood question, but I thought I’d give this thread some fodder by posting my own pictures
[/quote]

your gym looks like a commercial gym, not a home gym man.
amazing.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
There really is nothing better than training in your own gym.[/quote]

amen to that. its literally my batcave.
its great to be away from stupid people asking stupid questions or making stupid recommendations with their spagetti arms and chicken legs.