T Nation

Another High SHBG Guy

I was actually looking at that test although I’m not sure it would really help to get it. Quite pricey too

Everyone goes through something similar, rarely doesn’t anyone have smooth sailing when starting TRT. I had red face flushing for a couple of weeks where I thought my head was going to catch fire.

Continuing the discussion from Another High SHBG Guy:

Hi, this also mirrors my first blood results and experience with starting TRT. My T level was as high as it gets naturally but SHBG was also very high and free T was very low (0.346). Im on week 5 of 75mg e3.5 days Test E and am now also experiencing some of the symptoms you mentioned,waves similar to “coming up” on something, some mild anxiety, a lot of flushing and sweating but overall feel pretty good. Bloods next week and hopefully they will also be similar.

Hey Rogan, are you taking anything to lower SHBG? Danazol, Proviron etc

Let me know what your bloods look like when they come in.

Hey hd44 no,Iv decided to see how just T affect my SHBG first. Iv seen some people who want their SHBG lower but right now Im going with upping T to get free T levels higher.

I kind of wanted to do that as well but started with the Danazol as the doctor prescribed it. I have actually stopped taking it now though just in case it was causing my symptoms so will see how things go with just T at the lower dose. SHBG has already halved after only 5 doses of Danazol anyway so it’s pretty effective.

What was your starting SHBG?

8/8/2018

Total T		31.5  nmol/L
Free T		0.347
SHBG		89.3
Oestradiol		113

FT4		13.200  pmol/L
FT3		5.51
TSH		2.24  mIU/L

I’l be doing bloods this Friday just before my T shot.

How’s the “fight or flight” type anxiety feelings, have they leveled out?

Pretty much identical to my numbers.

I only started feeling a bit better yesterday, a week after the shot. Had weird symptoms, really thirsty all the time, almost painful hunger pangs, abdominal pain after eating. This made me think it might be high blood glucose or something. Anyway the last couple of days have been much better.

I just did the next shot this morning and already feeling the sensation of it coursing through my body. Did it in the delt this time rather than the glute so maybe its absorbing faster as there’s less fat.

I’ll see how it goes over the next few days on the lower dose. Hopefully it will be more manageable.

Since your units confuse me, I converted them to those I understand.

31.5 nmol/L is equal to 908.5 ng/dL which is what I understand.

I’ll be interested to see if increasing your T level brings down SHBG. That is what “everyone says” will happen, but it did not for me, and I haven’t read anyone with labs to verify that it significantly lowered SHBG.