Another Flavor For Surge?

Does anyone else out there have a problem with the taste of Surge? I find it to taste like pure sugar. I’ve used chocolate flavor and it hides the sugar pretty well. I hate vanilla and wanted to mix it with choclate milk or a choclate syrup of some kind. It would be great if BioTest came out with a another flavor. Any ideas??? Thank, TG

Are you nuts? Surge is the best tasting stuff out there! Sometimes I want to go lift just so I can drink a glass of it! But I guess taste is subjective and there are probably people out there who don’t like strawberry ice cream either. Freaks!

Anyway, you’re really not supposed to mix anthing with it. You may alter the formula too much and screw it up. Give it a few days. I’ll bet you crave it within a week. And even if you don’t, the effects are worthy of you just ‘sucking it up’.

Sorry, but Surge tastes awesome the way it is. I hope Biotest doesn’t change it.

I often shovel a third of a scoop in my mouth and then drink a little water because it tastes so good.

I usually just pour two scoops in my mouth and let it disolve. Water just dilutes the pleasure.

Seriously, it doesn’t taste THAT great, but it’s not bad considering how awful whey hydrosolate is supposed to taste.

Still, an orange flaver or something like that wouldn’t be so bad.

While we’re on the “other flavor” topic, there was some banter in prior posts about possibly a strawberry flavored micellar Grow! Is this still in the works? If so, when? I don’t mind the current flavors of Surge or Grow!, but I don’t like chocolate and I just deal with vanilla. I would LOVE strawberry or orange, especially when I start the Velocity Diet in March.

I wish they’d come out with a Low-Carb Grow! with a flavor similar to Surge… angel food cake? Chocolate and vanilla Low-Carb Grow! taste decent, but Surge I could drink by the bucket full.

[quote]bino wrote:
I wish they’d come out with a Low-Carb Grow! with a flavor similar to Surge… angel food cake? Chocolate and vanilla Low-Carb Grow! taste decent, but Surge I could drink by the bucket full. [/quote]

Kinda tastes like “cake batter” from Cold Stone Creamery.

Its unfortunate you don’t enjoy the taste of Surge. Even though most everyone loves the taste of Surge, you do not. That sucks for you. However, Surge is already formulated perfectly, so take it as directed. If you don’t like the taste of it, suck it up and drink it as is. Your body will thank you for it.

[quote]mica617 wrote:
While we’re on the “other flavor” topic, there was some banter in prior posts about possibly a strawberry flavored micellar Grow! Is this still in the works? If so, when? I don’t mind the current flavors of Surge or Grow!, but I don’t like chocolate and I just deal with vanilla. I would LOVE strawberry or orange, especially when I start the Velocity Diet in March.[/quote]

Ah yes, Strawberry and Orange Grow! would be excellent. Variety is the spice of life, and two flavors gets old after awhile.

I find that Surge tastes too sugary too stomach - way too sweet.

Except after a workout. Then it tastes like pure ambrosia.

Why fix what’s already perfecT?

i love the taste of Grow! Chocolate i have not tryed Vanilla yet … i dont really like the taste of Surge (angel food cake) but i drink it … but if i mix Power Drive with Surge that i think i like alot … it may just be that im chuging it after my workout anything cold would most likely taste good then lol

Strawberry Low-Carb Grow! would be AWESOME!
orange cream would be nice too…but strawberry first. I haven’t tried Surge yet…it’s on it’s way…

[quote]michaelv wrote:
mica617 wrote:
While we’re on the “other flavor” topic, there was some banter in prior posts about possibly a strawberry flavored micellar Grow! Is this still in the works? If so, when? I don’t mind the current flavors of Surge or Grow!, but I don’t like chocolate and I just deal with vanilla. I would LOVE strawberry or orange, especially when I start the Velocity Diet in March.

Ah yes, Strawberry and Orange Grow! would be excellent. Variety is the spice of life, and two flavors gets old after awhile.[/quote]

All good things to those who wait.

How about unflavored? :slight_smile:
I don’t like artificial sweetners.

I LOVE the taste of Surge just the way it is.

i took Surge for the first time today after my workout, and i agree that it tastes just like angel food cake. however, i also think its a bit too sweet, but maybe it being so sweet will control my cravings for sugary foods during the day (since i know i’ll get a bunch of it after my workout)

one question though. i mixed it in a little sifter bottle (a bottle with grids near the top to help mix your powders), but after i mixed it, i noticed that it was still a little grainy. did i not mix it well enough, or is it supposed to be like that? i really don’t care if it’s grainy or not, i’m just curious.

i also bought a chocolate and vanilla Low Carb GROW!. i’ve only tried the chocolate so far, but i wasn’t really wowed by it. it’s texture is really smooth compared to other protein powders, but i don’t think it’s something to die for. maybe its because i drank it plain (water + grow), or maybe it takes time to get used to

T-Nation, this is truly great stuff. here’s another satisfied customer!

Maybe you should add some sugar-free Kool-Aid powder to it, like say Cherry.

I absolutely love the Surge flavour.

The more concentrated in the water the more I like it. Diluted the way Berardi recommends it I don’t like it as much.

On workout days, I used to sit there all day at work craving my Surge.

I recently also tried Surge. I didn’t care for the flavor either. I don’t know what it was but I almost choked on it. It was quite smooth and I think that was the problem. I am not used to something mixing so well. I am used to it have some form of texture. I am going to try it a couple more time. Most likely tonight post workout. I tried Power Drive and didn’t like that the first time either but now it doens’t bother me at all. I would second an orange or citrus flavored Surge also. The angel food cake doesn’t do much for me but wasn’t too bad either.

Let me make it clear that although the flavor isn’t my favorite, I will certainly continue to use it.

If you want to taste nasty, try some EAS Mass Factor. :slight_smile:

Hey tgatl,

I had the same problem. Surge did not taste very good. So I bought some of the single serving Crystal-lite packets. I would mix one with each Surge. I found the cherry has the strongest flavour to cover up the Surge. But remember they are single serving packets not the full size ones.