Another Excuse To Be Fat

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
even McD has a healthy menu now. People tend to think that salad cancels out the two quarter pounders they just downed.[/quote]

Actually, a salad (at McDonalds) has slightly more calories in it than a Big Mac. Probably form all the dressings laden in fat.

[quote]unbending wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
even McD has a healthy menu now. People tend to think that salad cancels out the two quarter pounders they just downed.

Actually, a salad (at McDonalds) has slightly more calories in it than a Big Mac. Probably form all the dressings laden in fat.[/quote]

Actually Zen Warrior said that, but I did quote him!

I was just shocked at the photo of the guy with his gut in a wheelbarrow. If that is a real picture… why would he let that picture be taken?

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
If that is a real picture… why would he let that picture be taken?[/quote]

Yes its real. Seen another picture of him.

What’s he gonna do? Chase down the photographer?

HAR! HAR! HAR!

[quote]unbending wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
If that is a real picture… why would he let that picture be taken?

Yes its real. Seen another picture of him.

What’s he gonna do? Chase down the photographer?

HAR! HAR! HAR![/quote]

It’s like the girl in the pic Mufasa posted… why oh why would she do that.

It makes me sad for them.

my mom is overweight and rationalizes constantly. she just tells herself whatever she needs to in order to make herself comfortable. i think it’s the most disgraceful behavior in the world.

Unfortunately October Girl, this is most people’s only hope to ever achieve a 6-pack.

@Unbending: Ya, I know but to most people, not only is it healthy food, it “buys” them the right to pig out at a later date.

Somebody should tell Prof X that this is what happens with excessive bulking: triceps expansion!

Just pulling your leg, Prof :wink:

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
Somebody should tell Prof X that this is what happens with excessive bulking: triceps expansion!

Just pulling your leg, Prof ;)[/quote]

oh the six-pack pic and this arm pic are just so wrong.

BUT good scare tactic to eat healthy and exercise.

Personally, I find pictures like these incredibly inspiring…let me explain.

EVERYONE has some kind of vice. For some it’s smoking, for some it’s gambling and for those in these pictures, it’s eating. These pictures are very helpful, as they give you a visual image of one who cannot control his or her habits and lets you see the disaster come to life.

Now that lets me think of my own self destructive tendencies. Though mine are a bit more subtle, they are most certainly taking their toll – as I type and you read, the demons of laziness and excessively negative thinking are lined up conga-style, and one by one, giving me a sharp, steel-toed boot to the noggin.

If my own bad modes of thought and action and their psycho-accumulative effect could somehow manifest themselves visually, what would they look like? A 550 lb. fantasy feeder? A burn victim? A slashed-up body? It brings to mind my own need for self-improvement and then all signs say, GO!

[quote]Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
Personally, I find pictures like these incredibly inspiring…let me explain.

EVERYONE has some kind of vice. For some it’s smoking, for some it’s gambling and for those in these pictures, it’s eating. These pictures are very helpful, as they give you a visual image of one who cannot control his or her habits and lets you see the disaster come to life.

Now that lets me think of my own self destructive tendencies. Though mine are a bit more subtle, they are most certainly taking their toll – as I type and you read, the demons of laziness and excessively negative thinking are lined up conga-style, and one by one, giving me a sharp, steel-toed boot to the noggin.

If my own bad modes of thought and action and their psycho-accumulative effect could somehow manifest themselves visually, what would they look like? A 550 lb. fantasy feeder? A burn victim? A slashed-up body? It brings to mind my own need for self-improvement and then all signs say, GO![/quote]

DANGIT! You left me hanging, what are your subtle self destructive tendencies!!!

Curse you Clean & Jerk!

Obese ppl have addiction issues.
You guys are oversimplifying things : it’s not just a matter of self-control

For some guys it may be just a case of discipline,and in that case they just need a good kick in the ass,but most of the times it’s serious emotional issues and the food becomes a drug.

[quote]Horazio wrote:
Obese ppl have addiction issues.
You guys are oversimplifying things : it’s not just a matter of self-control

For some guys it may be just a case of discipline,and in that case they just need a good kick in the ass,but most of the times it’s serious emotional issues and the food becomes a drug.[/quote]

A mental addiction, yeah I’d say your right.

One of the key components to overcoming a mental addiction is discipline.

There is a woman at my work, who is so heavy she just scoots around in a chair from desk to desk. She’s a manager. The main problem everybody has is this: She fucking STINKS. I don’t mean there is a slight odor. I am talking about full on whole office stench.

Anyone within a mile radius is not safe from this smell, …hundred year old cheese stuffed up a dead carcass I guess. I felt I needed to paint a picture.

Whatever the case, I agree that everybody has their problems and vices. Nobody seems to give a shit however until they have to smell it everyday. In other words, go ahead and kill yourself quietly but don’t force me into your little tent of death. Don’t let your vice spill out onto me. I’ve got enough of my own. Keep it in check. You want to kill yourself fine, but don’t subject me to the trimmings.

Have some RESPECT.

ha. ha. ha.

Just sending a shoutout to all our boys fighting overseas to defend the fruits of capitalism and our ability to have whatever we want when we want it. Only some use it to their advantage. Some people just overconsume, overspend, get in debt, fat, and sooner or later hope that their kids will support them in their old age if they don’t already die of a heartattack from excessive fast food consumption.

Is this today’s form of natural selection? The strong succeed and the weak get fat and miserable?

does anyone have the web link to this organisation that supports obesity? the one where they encourage it and argue that it is healthy? Someone posted it on here a long time ago but i can’t find it. thank you

MB:

It’s called NAFFA:

Mufasa

I went to the website. You have to be kidding me. I was hoping it was some kind of spoof website. This is the problem with people. They are too lazy to do anything and then they think they should have special rights because of it.

[quote]mikem395 wrote:
I went to the website. You have to be kidding me. I was hoping it was some kind of spoof website. This is the problem with people. They are too lazy to do anything and then they think they should have special rights because of it. [/quote]

Unfortunately its no spoof. Shugs talked about it a while ago.

And for the record, they’re not that lazy. They went out of their way to defend their laziness and regroup, how’s that for you? Kinda like lemmings. Huge, plump, can’t run to the neareast cliff lemmings. So they just eat their way to death.

I used to be like that first picture…only not as large. I have lost 70 lbs through diet/exercise over the last 2.5 yrs and as a result, I have found that I am less tolerant of obese people. I have less and less sympathy for their “plight”.

I can only guess that it’s because I was in their shoes at one time and have changed my mindset, my paradigms, my body and my life! Oh, yeah, and I got off my big ass and worked!!! One of my biggest motivators was seeing all the huge patients come into my ICU that take 4 people just to roll over to change the sheets!

Granted, I’m not where I want to be yet, I’m still a work in progress, but I’m getting there with the help of this site!

[quote]alsrnbsn wrote:
I used to be like that first picture…only not as large. I have lost 70 lbs through diet/exercise over the last 2.5 yrs and as a result, I have found that I am less tolerant of obese people. I have less and less sympathy for their “plight”.

I can only guess that it’s because I was in their shoes at one time and have changed my mindset, my paradigms, my body and my life! Oh, yeah, and I got off my big ass and worked!!! One of my biggest motivators was seeing all the huge patients come into my ICU that take 4 people just to roll over to change the sheets!

Granted, I’m not where I want to be yet, I’m still a work in progress, but I’m getting there with the help of this site![/quote]

Hell yeah!

Quoted for awesome.

-Gendou