Another Excuse For Being Fat.

Home safety, haha!
http://www.wftv.com/newsofthestrange/3735095/detail.html

Homeowner Sits On Burglary Suspect Until Police Arrive

POSTED: 8:56 am EDT September 16, 2004

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – Rick Fisk took crime sitting down. Or at least he sat on a would-be thief until authorities arrived.

Fisk, 52, came home Tuesday morning to find a woman standing in his foyer, police said.

Julie Dye, 34, who was holding items from the house, fled when she saw the 6-foot-2, 280-pound Fisk, police said.

Fisk ran after Dye, tackled her in the front yard and sat on her.

“When they don’t want to go to jail, they are a handful,” Fisk said. “I told her, 'Just relax, it’s the first step to get your life together.”’

Fisk’s phone was out of reach so he sat on Dye and yelled for help.

After 20 minutes, a neighbor heard him yelling and called 911.

Dye was charged with second-degree burglary. She also was charged with third-degree theft for a Sept. 2 incident in which police say she stole money from someone.

She was being held Wednesday on $19,500 bail.

Not to take away from that, but how do you know he was “fat”? He ran after and tackled her. My guess is he wasn’t just the regular fat ass.

Yeah, that crossed my mind too. I am aware that people can weight that much and be incredibly lean. But you would think someone who weighs that much at that height would be strong enough to pick her up and drag her to a phone rather than sitting on her waiting for someone to hear him yelling.

[quote]Squeak wrote:
Yeah, that crossed my mind too. I am aware that people can weight that much and be incredibly lean. But you would think someone who weighs that much at that height would be strong enough to pick her up and drag her to a phone rather than sitting on her waiting for someone to hear him yelling.[/quote]

Think about it my friend… A 280 lb BIG man draggin a tiny girl into a house? kickin and fussing to beat all hell as well?.. To use the phone? Great way to get the cops there…for the wrong reason… I think he acted very appropriately…and wisely…