Another Dominating Win for W. Klitschko

nonono, I didn’t mean to imply he was disrespected here in this forum. (he certainly is by the average casual fan who’s parroting Dana’s twitter)
I responded directly to this:

Why is Vlad boring? He finishes hard and spectacular. His fights are for the most rounds, utterly dominant.
And which era’s fighters would have had a shot at the ukrainian brothers?

All past heavyweights.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

And which era’s fighters would have had a shot at the ukrainian brothers?
[/quote]

It is pointless to debate this, but if you’re calling the Klits, especially wlad, one of the greatest of all time, I would laugh at that.

I for one think Joe Frazier would do a number on Wlad. Maybe not Vitali, but definitely Wlad and his fragile ass jaw.

Frazier’s style would be interesting, but a reach advantage of 8 inches and a weight advantage of at least 40 lbs say I’d bet on Vlad for sure.

Frazier’s a heavy, Vlad’s a modern superheavy.

Frazier’s style would be interesting, but a reach advantage of 8 inches and a weight advantage of at least 40 lbs say I’d bet on Vlad for sure.

Frazier’s a heavy, Vlad’s a modern superheavy.[/quote]

Doesn’t matter. Frazier had one of the best left hooks in history and a bobbing and weaving, swarming style that would have destroyed Wlad.

This is what I’m saying though… there’s no Sonny Listons, no Alis, no Fraziers, no Foremans… just a bunch of lumbering eastern europeans that can’t come close to keeping up with the Klits.

But But But David Haye is black and he is scurred.

Agreed!
No way in the world would vlad last with smokin joe.
The current heavyweight scene is a sorry excuse to what it once meant , As for klit v haye, as much as big k is a poor champion in an abysmal era haye is like a court jester, not fit for a sparing match.
All he will wants is a big payday, but first he sounding out a fight with Audley harrison in a bum vs bum championship fight of britain

And by the way- that’s another thing. You don’t have heavyweights that THROW FUCKING PUNCHES anymore. They throw 10, 20 punches a round, then hold. Nobody is well conditioned anymore, nobody lets they hands go for more than two shots anymore. I don’t think Wlad could keep up with the swarming styles that guys once used. Vitali could, but Wlad would be KO’d like Zab judah doin the chicken dance.

The game’s changed at HW, and it sucks.

No, the game has simply evolved.

Sure, they are a bit short-winded, but it’s because they are way more massive.

Heavies are historically capped at 200lbs for some time now(what a nice number!) , but function today at much higher weights with freightening efficiency. It is because of drugs and modern weight training, an this particular combination has had an impact on quite a few sports, boxing is no exception.

Yesterday’s heavies would be at a disadvantage against guys like Briggs. It’s not like Briggs has foolishly been confused by prof. x’ bulking tips, he pushes weights because he decided it’ll help him.

Have a superheavyweight class and all your problems are gone.

Heavies are historically capped at 200lbs for some time now(what a nice number!) , but function today at much higher weights with freightening efficiency. It is because of drugs and modern weight training, an this particular combination has had an impact on quite a few sports, boxing is no exception.

Yesterday’s heavies would be at a disadvantage against guys like Briggs. It’s not like Briggs has foolishly been confused by prof. x’ bulking tips, he pushes weights because he decided it’ll help him.

[/quote]

I think all of the weight classes need to be reexamined. Maybe a superheavy and an open on top of that. A little more stratification between the big guys, huge guys, and monsters.

[/quote]

Nobody would watch it. And it wouldn’t put any more talent in the ranks either.

They are hardly “frighteningly efficient.” They are lumbering and slow and tired inside six rounds. Somehow I doubt that only one weight class in boxing “evolved.” More like one weight class “Sucks ass” and it’s because there’s no charisma and no killers.

And if that’s what “evolved” is, no wonder MMA draws such crowds.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[/quote]

Nobody would watch it. And it wouldn’t put any more talent in the ranks either.

They are hardly “frighteningly efficient.” They are lumbering and slow and tired inside six rounds. Somehow I doubt that only one weight class in boxing “evolved.” More like one weight class “Sucks ass” and it’s because there’s no charisma and no killers.

And if that’s what “evolved” is, no wonder MMA draws such crowds.[/quote]

I miss Holyfield and Lennox Lewis.

[/quote]

I hear what you’re saying, but I can’t agree. Where has the gradual evolution been? Ali? Holmes? Mike? Holyfield? Bowe? Heck Holyfield and RJJ were two incredibly light men who held the heavyweight championship relatively recently.

You could say that a massive change occured with the rise of Lewis, but right now all I see is two big Ukranian brothers and a bunch of fat guys- not a new era of indestructible giants.

haye will save the division. hes an exciting fighter. i dont know how good he is yet honestly, but when it happens it will be one to watch

Haye pisses in his paints when he thinks of the ukrainian brothers.

How can anyone say he’s exciting when you look at his bout with the russian giant and then say Vlad is boring, whose fights always end in a KO?
Does anyone think he’ll try to press on Vlad?
It’ll be Haye-Valuev all over again ie punch and run for your life.

im sure if he pissed in his pants at the thought of heavyweights he would have never moved up. hs explosive, fast, pretty skillful. but he needs a real test, something that tests his heart. i know if he fights vlad he’ll get hurt a few times and probably cut. then we will see what haye is made of.

all the klitschko fans talk badly about him vut who else is going to test them? they need him

How can anyone say he’s exciting when you look at his bout with the russian giant and then say Vlad is boring, whose fights always end in a KO?
It’ll be Haye-Valuev all over again ie punch and run for your life.[/quote]

IF Haye is even good enough to get out of the way.
Haye is totally unproven. His only credential is as a smack talker. Which is fine, except that he’s a coward, which is not fine.

It’ll be Haye-Valuev all over again ie punch and run for your life.[/quote]
Because they are boring and the fighters he’s facing also suck.

first off… WE DO NOT NEED MORE WEIGHT CLASSES IN BOXING!!!

we have way too many already. who the FUCK cares what the super ultra duper welterweight champ is??? how much fucking difference does 3-4lbs make, even at the ridiculously low weight classes (bantom, fly, straw-weight) ???

boxing needs about 5 weight classes. move the cuiser weight limit up to about 215, then all these now “tiny” heavyweights that come in soft and pudgy at 230-240lbs, would have to GET IN SHAPE and cut to 210-215 and it would be a better division. maybe. but do not make more weight classes.

IRISH…yes the game has changed at HW. SO? the game has changed in football too. 50 years ago the average lineman was around 220…and most could played offense AND defense. were they better than the 350lb giants we have at OL and DL now?

“oooh, it s not fair that the Klits are too big! wahhhh! if they we rent so big they would suck”

really, REALLY?

come on, its not fair that Shaq is 7’1" and 325lbs, those smaller white boys don’t have a chance! he really sucks! Same with Larry Allen…its not fair he was 6’4" and 340lbs! he he was just smaller, lesser players at defensive end could have done better against him!

git over it Irish. you know I like you…and I respect that you just like the lighter weight classes for whatever reason…but the heavyweight division is for BIG men now. the game as you said has changed… the physics has changed, the way they fight to be successful has changed. dont be mad a a dog for barking and peeing on a fence…hell its a dog. :wink:

Ain’t one guy here saying they’re too big. Not me at least. But I think that if you had smaller, faster heavyweights like we used to that have better skills and more endurance, they’d kill Wlad.

Vitali is different because he’s got that warrior’s heart. He’d stand up. But Wlad is really just the king of nothing in my eyes. The talent pool for bigger guys just isn’t there, as evidenced by the crappy LHW and Cruiserweight division.

I think Adamek is a throwback to that, and you saw him beat Arreola, and you’re going to see him beat a Klitscho if he trains hard enough.

And really Heavy- there’s no competition from the HW division as far as interest goes. Everybody likes the lighter divisions now, and with the slew of tough, gritty, powerful fighters, Pacman and Mayweather and Marquez and Berto and Martinez and Pavlik and williams… fuck man, no reason to watch above 168 anymore.