T Nation

Another Defranco Review

I watched my free copy about 5 days ago then went on vacation.

Personally I thought the video was great. he covered all of the tests. went into detail on what the tests are and how to beat them. there was a lot of new material and i really learned alot. i’d give it an A-, gotta leave room for improvement.

The only draw backs were

1. Production quality

I only mention this cuz the other reviewer did. i actually didn’t notice the blurry, just the wind. it doesn’t interfere with the material though.

1. implementation into a program.

We learned the drills and how to train them. I’d have loved a sample week that showed on what days to incorporate which drills. I’m not saying a complex answer on the periodization of the drills or a sample training program with sets and reps. just a what goes where generic sample week with weights, speed and combine training.

Day 1 ME Upper, 40, 20yard shuttle
Day 2 Off Tempo
Day 3 ME Lower, Vertical, L shuttle
Day 4 Off Tempo
Day 5 DE Upper, 40, 20 shuttle, Broad jump

squattin600,

Thanks for your review and unbiased critique of my video.
As I’ve stated before, the main purpose of the video was to teach athletes how to take the Combine tests. I think we accomplished our goal. As far as implementing those test-taking techniques into a program; there are many ways to set up a program. For me it depends on how long I’ll be working with the athlete, as well as the athlete’s strengths and weaknesses. Here’s a sample plan that I used with 2 of my guys this year.

MONDAY - PNF Stretching,
ME upper body strength training

TUESDAY - Dynamic warm-up/mobility, 40-yard dash technique work. I start by focussing most of my time on the start and first 10 yards. This is the day that we will eventually work up to running 20, 30 and 40 yard sprints.

WEDNESDAY - Dynamic warm-up/mobility, vertical jump and broad jump training

THURSDAY - PNF Stretching
DE Upper body strength training

FRIDAY - Dynamic warm-up/mobility, 3-cone technique and 20-yard shuttle technique

SATURDAY - PNF Stretching
ME Lower body strength training

SUNDAY - OFF/MASSAGE

Hopefully, this answers any questions that were left after viewing the Combine video.

Joe D.

“As I’ve stated before, the main purpose of the video was to teach athletes how to take the Combine tests. I think we accomplished our goal.”

You certainly did that, and sould pat yourself on the back for the quality work.

Thanks for answering my question.

BTW I think that the video is well worth the price tag.