T Nation

Another Day at the Bar

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
Great to see you back at it! And congrats on dropping the smokes…even if for vapes.

I think you will be surprised at how quickly you hit those goals.

Choosing to go beltless? Or you can’t find it? lol[/quote]

"Now where did I put that thing?"
I am having senior moments actually. Forgot Marlon Brando’s name the other day, though I could remember all the movies I’ve seen him in.

Choosing to go beltless. I want to build up the lumbar erectors on my right side. They and the quadratus lumborum are still not right since I ruptured that disc and I haven’t been dealing with it - just belting up.

Hey Tony, great to see you. Hope your back doesn’t give you any trouble.

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
Great to see you back at it! And congrats on dropping the smokes…even if for vapes.

I think you will be surprised at how quickly you hit those goals.

Choosing to go beltless? Or you can’t find it? lol[/quote]

"Now where did I put that thing?"
I am having senior moments actually. Forgot Marlon Brando’s name the other day, though I could remember all the movies I’ve seen him in.

Choosing to go beltless. I want to build up the lumbar erectors on my right side. They and the quadratus lumborum are still not right since I ruptured that disc and I haven’t been dealing with it - just belting up.[/quote]

You always seem to have an informed approach to what you do. I am sure theforward progress will go smoothly. I’m just glad you are here for us to see it.

That might be my favorite log title of all time…welcome back to the hood… and congrats on kicking the habit.

Uh…Last Call!

Time to go play in the gym.

Who’s still here?

I’ve been busy being a computer geek nebbish and haven’t trained for 2 and a half years.

I have no melanin production, new wrinkles, skinny arms and a bigger middle.

Not pleased.

I hope you start training again, because you will be the perfect N=1 test of the ol’ “muscle memory” tenet of training.

Personally, I have not been away from a gym for more than 2 and a half weeks in 30+ years. Somebody would have to shoot me to keep me away from a gym for more than 2 and a half months. (And no, Mr. Fate, I am most definitely not tempting You!!!)

Welcome back?!

Thanks. I will be/am starting up again. I feel like I’m made of pipe cleaners connected by play-doh.

I don’t want to go into my 60’s already too weak to stand up from sitting in a chair.

Glad to hear you kept training punnyguy.

I am 55. My “numbers” (except maybe deadlift) are all lower, and I haven’t barbell benched or overhead pressed in months and months (dumbbells instead). But everybody flatters me by telling me how great I look. Subjectively speaking, I think I look better than I did when my “numbers” were higher. My joints definitely are better off.

In my .02 opinion, the issue with people who log publicly is that once they can’t give it their all, and they know their “numbers” will look “weak”, they simply stop training. Or they try too hard to push their #s, and wind up getting injured, and then they stop training.

So, whether you log or not, post numbers or not, just keep training.

Probably “advice” you didn’t ask for or want, but I’ve seen it too many times, and remembering how freaking awesome you looked and lifted, I just wanted to put that out there.

Whether I wanted it or not, it’s good advice. :slight_smile:

I’m here, but not much. Haven’t trained in several months, had to take a menial job which wears me out too much to train. Lost weight, waist went way down. Job will be over in couple weeks.

Tony, good to see you. Looking forward to following your training again.
(Formerly ecogenx)

Hey, aren’t you that really white guy, who thought he was funny sometimes ??

Formerly Zildjianman here, with a new and improved drum set Avatar!! Still training, now powerlifting in the almost 50 class, saving the world one sweater vest at a time.

Good to see you here. Let’s get back in the game, shall we :slight_smile:

Ouch.

Well I tried to be funny. I’m likely not nearly as funny as I think I am…

I remember you and that I used to like you. :wink:

bddd

I am …

2017-10-17

front plank
30 sec

side plank (left/right)
30 sec

exercise ball back bridge
1 min

Air Squat
BWx10,10,20,10

Pushups
5 sets of 10

Neutral Grip Pullups
10 sets of 3

This was more tiring than it should be…or just as tiring as it should be, detrained as I am. Middle is super weak. Bring that up and the rest will get easier too.

Nothing wrong with this W0 brother. The push ups and pull ups show good
strength.
Your on track keep it coming!

DaCharmingAlbino
October 18

2017-10-17

front plank
30 sec

side plank (left/right)
30 sec

exercise ball back bridge
1 min