Until the Wheels Fall Off

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
My fervent hope/wish is that 24 Hour Fitness will awaken to the fact that the power cage is the most versatile and cost-effective piece of equipment a gym can have [/quote]
I said almost the same thing the other day.

You are funny.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

My fervent hope/wish is that 24 Hour Fitness will awaken to the fact that the power cage is the most versatile and cost-effective piece of equipment a gym can have [/quote]
I said almost the same thing the other day.

You are funny.[/quote]

Thanks, kpsnap. Iā€™ve actually been told that before, followed by ā€œā€¦you should see if you can do it on purpose,ā€ so this is nice.

And, as long as Iā€™m at it, I wish I was 25 years old again.[/quote]

Me too! I want more play time!

Just checking inā€¦ Get caught back up in work or just not feeling talkative?

Wouldnā€™t mind being 25 again. Start training right without so many mistakes. Ignore what all the stupid people told me.

On the other hand, got a decent job now only because of all my experience.

Landlord needed to move back into his house so weā€™ve been scrambling with finding a place and moving into it and then I hurt my back (again) and just now getting back into it.

2013-10-19

Press from the rack
115x3
125x3
135 3x3

Front SQ
135x3
185 3x3

Pendlay row
185 3x3

CGBP
135x5
155x3
165x3
175 3x3

Seated Curls
35ā€™s 5x3 sets

Jerk Splits
barx5
95x5
115x5

Face Down Hollows - hands above head
2x30sec

Had to be pretty careful of my back, but I think Iā€™ll be able to start doing cleans and snatchy type of stuff pretty soon.

2013-10-27

PP (from rack)
95,115,135,155x3
175 3x3

SQ
185,205,225,245x3
265 3x3

RDL
185 5x3 sets

CGBP
180 3x3

PU
BW 5x5

tried to go down slow and up quick on all exercises. RDLs for that special place in my lower back to encourage the muscle chain to stay tight on the second pull. Hope to be doing some ballistic stuff in a week.

Attitude has been for shit - doing this stuff is the only thing that makes me want to continue breathing.

[quote]
Attitude has been for shit - doing this stuff is the only thing that makes me want to continue breathing.[/quote]
Just donā€™t change your handle DCA.
I think we can all relate.

Nice Pressing. What is your BW these days?

Looks like the back is healing up nicely.

Hitting it hard is a great way to clear out your head. Solid work, keep it up.

[quote]Oldman Powers wrote:

[quote]
Attitude has been for shit - doing this stuff is the only thing that makes me want to continue breathing.[/quote]
Just donā€™t change your handle DCA.
I think we can all relate.

Nice Pressing. What is your BW these days?[/quote]

170-175 these days. Iā€™ll be changing that.

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
Looks like the back is healing up nicely.[/quote]

Itā€™s doing okay, I still feel the need to be careful bending over with weight in my hands. Once thatā€™s settled Iā€™ll start practicing the SN & CJ again

An overhead press of 3x3 of your BW is pretty damn stout. Are you going for the look in your AVI? The dude on the right. Not sure if thatā€™s a before or afterā€¦

[quote]Oldman Powers wrote:
An overhead press of 3x3 of your BW is pretty damn stout. Are you going for the look in your AVI? The dude on the right. Not sure if thatā€™s a before or afterā€¦[/quote]

I donā€™t want to mislead anyone: that was a push press. I seem to be fairly good at those. My best at this bodyweight is a clean + push press of 217.5. Strict press is waaaaaaaaay lower right now. I donā€™t think a bodyweight triple strict press is out of the question, though, down the road some.

2013-11-1

CL + PR
95x5
115x3
135x3
140 3x3

CL
165x3
185 3x2 sets
205 1x3 sets

FS
225 3x3

Pendlay Row
187.5 5x3 sets

Incline BP
165x5,3,2

DB curls
40ā€™s x 5 (alt)
40ā€™s x 8 (dbl)
40ā€™s x 6 (dbl)

Felt good to do cleans again. No trouble there with the back. Twinged a little on FS and - surprisingly - incline BP. Everything except IBP felt solid. Way out of practice benching with a normal grip width. Chesticles hurt now.

2013-11-2

SN
95x3
115x2

Pause in the hole for 5 count
120x1+5count pause
125,130x1
135x1,1

CJ
155x2
165x1
175x1
185x1,1

SN High Pull
185 3x3

Drop-SN balance
95 3x3

SN was pretty easy, hit the positions okay, it felt like. May start filming again to check myself. Paused in the bottom for a five count on each rep.

CJ - bar went up well. Practicing jerking with right foot forward, because 1) Iā€™m right-handed and 2) I need to strengthen the right hip anyway. Left foot forward still feels more natural though.

Going to add sets to top weight over time then start adding weight.

Drop SN were challenging, even with such a light weight. Different from OHS because you have to hit the right position once the feet touch the ground again after you lift them up. Makes you wobble if you donā€™t consciously push the bar behind your head.

Watching keenly to learn stuffā€¦

2013-11-3

Power CL+PP
177.5 3x3

SQ
270 3x3

PU
BWx6,6,6,5,5

Starting to feel a bit fatiguedā€¦

Just realized I donā€™t really have any targets for press, sq, etc.

Since I donā€™t then Iā€™m free to set targets for SN and CJ so

Short term targets are, as usual,

SN: bodyweight what ever it is at the time (170-180lbs)
CJ: 245

Both of those should be doable. If I donā€™t set a focus, Iā€™m going to hammer myself into turd mash trying to top out everything Iā€™m doing. This way I can let some things simmer in the back.

Glad I took a day off - thereā€™s a muscle in the back of my right leg that goes right up into the inner thing and attaches to the hip that is apparently very surprised that I decided to start using it. Itā€™s been a bad worker and has been complaining that Iā€™ve put it to use during a session. I did some one-legged 45 degree weighted back extensions that I didnā€™t log and that seems to have put it to some use.

To bad it spoke up, because Iā€™m going to pound that slacker again. Making it stronger will even out my first and second pulls and balance out my back hopefully. Another hold-over from the herniated disk a few years back.