135x5
155x5
175x3
195 2x8 sets

Neutral Grip Pullups
BW+50 3x8 sets

And that’s it.

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
Down to my last (really last) pack of ultra-lights. No more after that. [/quote]
Oh good for you!

Thought of you today as I did my 50-lb. power cleans.

2013-06-25
Clean and Press
115x5
135x5
150x3
165x3, 2x7 sets

FS
225x3
245x3, 2x7 sets

SN low pull
265x3, 2x7 sets

SN High pull
185 3x3

Getting a tiny bit easier. Sn high pulls @185 were going as high as easily as 135 used to. Hit the top of the chest on each one. Getting more snap on the low pulls as well and they’re going higher. Presses were challenging the first few sets. Shoulders are a bit tired.

Double post, so I owe a joke.

Two blondes were driving to Disneyland. They reached Anaheim,Ca and saw a sign the said “DisneyLand Left.” Crying, they drove back home.

A redhead, a brunette, and a blonde enter a bar. Redhead says to the bartender, “Give me a JD and coke”. Blonde says, “what’s that?” “Why, a Jack Daniels and coke”, says the redhead. The brunette tells the bartender, “Give me a CC and soda.” Blonde again asks, " What’s that?" Brunette replies, “A Canadian Club with soda.” The blonde turns to the bartender and says, “Give me a 15.” The other two ask, “What’s that?” “Why a 7 and 7, of course”, answers our blonde.
Lifting’s looking good.

[quote]hel320 wrote:
A redhead, a brunette, and a blonde enter a bar. Redhead says to the bartender, “Give me a JD and coke”. Blonde says, “what’s that?” “Why, a Jack Daniels and coke”, says the redhead. The brunette tells the bartender, “Give me a CC and soda.” Blonde again asks, " What’s that?" Brunette replies, “A Canadian Club with soda.” The blonde turns to the bartender and says, “Give me a 15.” The other two ask, “What’s that?” “Why a 7 and 7, of course”, answers our blonde.
Lifting’s looking good. [/quote]

I’m stealing that. Have your lawyer contact my lawyer.

Thoughts please on the advantages of doing singles versus sets of twos and threes on snatches and shit?

I went all crossfit crazy and did sets of 3 tonight.

I’m very impressed with the amount you power clean by the way and I’m surprised more people aren’t. Bastards!

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:
Thoughts please on the advantages of doing singles versus sets of twos and threes on snatches and shit?

I went all crossfit crazy and did sets of 3 tonight.

I’m very impressed with the amount you power clean by the way and I’m surprised more people aren’t. Bastards![/quote]

In my (largely worthless) opinion, it depends on what you’re after. Singles are great for 2 things: technique work at low and high weights and testing maxes. Repeated efforts at 90%+ can enforce technique and build strength for true maxes.

Triples, i think, are for strength building and some endurance in the movement, because you’re not going to be able to maintain technique over the reps. Well, if you’re paying hard attention to it it can build technique, but you should probably do it under a coaches eye.

My power clean is shit, but thank you. Someone my size should be doing at least the high 200’s for PC.

2013-07-20

CL + P
95,115x5
135,145,x3
155 3x3

Pendlay Row
185 5x3 sets

SQ
135x5
185,225x3

255x3
285 3x3

GM(hibar)
155 8x2 sets

CGBP
135 10x2 sets

One arm hangs
10sec x3

The grip is weak.

Missed the last few weeks of training because our main developer quit and I had to pick up some new duties. Saw a chance to make a difference, so was studying some new stuff really intently after regular work and on my own time, but then they took a dump on me and slotted someone else in the spot so…fuggedaboudit: sticking to the straight 8… Not the first time, either - they don’t get another. At least I didn’t do violence.

As Ms Luce so aptly put it, “No good deed goes unpunished”. And after going back and finding your power clean I’m impressed. As an aside, do you still have a hard time keeping weight on?

[quote]hel320 wrote:
As Ms Luce so aptly put it, “No good deed goes unpunished”. And after going back and finding your power clean I’m impressed. As an aside, do you still have a hard time keeping weight on?[/quote]

Not when I eat…baDUMpum.

Ah, if I could only trade with you my stellar ability to get and stay large.

Lifting does look good Tony.

Please tell me that dog pic is photoshopped.

[quote]punnyguy wrote:
Please tell me that dog pic is photoshopped.[/quote]

The challenge was to breed a dog which could pick your pocket through a picket fence.

2013-07-30

Clean + PP
135x3
155x3
175 3x3

FS
225 3x3

Clean High Pull
245 3x3

Hip-High Hang Power Clean
155 3x3

Pullup
BWx5
+25 5x3 sets

BB Curl
95 5x3 sets

CGBP
175 5x3

Long time between sessions. Oh well, at least I’m fully recovered by the time I get to the gym again. Wouldn’t want to overtrain…

2013-08-02

CL + Pr
135x3
156 3x3

SQ
287 3x3

Clean-grip DL
315 3x3

Pendlay Row
186 5x3

Decline CGBP
185 8x2 sets

DB curls
47.5 8x2 sets

Clean grip deadlift? is that not just a deadlift?

Do you use a little “body english” on the Pendlays or are they strict? and how’s the 3 x 3 working out for you?

That’s it, those are my three questions for today… Bye.

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:
Clean grip deadlift? is that not just a deadlift?

Do you use a little “body english” on the Pendlays or are they strict? and how’s the 3 x 3 working out for you?

That’s it, those are my three questions for today… Bye.[/quote]

It is, I suppose, but it’s harder for me than mixed grip DL with my feet closer together.

I ‘english’ the lift when it gets heavier. Right now it’s pretty light so I’m being pretty strict.

3x3 works well for me, particularly when I bring the poundages up slowly over time rather than making bigger jumps than 1 or two lbs.

2013-08-05

CL+PP
135x3
155x3
176 3x3

FS
185x3
227 3x3

CL High Pull
247 3x3

Pullups
BW+30 5x3 sets