Another Border Agent Killed

They are claiming Friendly fire

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:
You should just make it a legal requirement for employers to pay illegal workers minimum wage.

Totally serious, why you haven’t done it is beyond me.[/quote]

As long as there are workers willing to work for less than minimum wage, illegal aliens will continue to come.

The employer can pay them off the books as well, so it’s a multi-win situation. [/quote]

It’s only a win for the employer when it’s worth his while.

Seriously, multi-million dollar fines for not paying minimum wage. If they get snapped, they’re fucked.[/quote]

I’m not aware of any authority that undocumented/illegal workers are not entitled to minimum wage and the full protection of the FLSA for work they have actually performed. I have seen a number of cases holding/ruling that undocumented workers have standing to sue for back wages. In other words, even if the work was illegal to begin with, once it is performed, the employer owes at least minimum wage plus any overtime. The reality, however, is that undocumented workers are much less likely to assert their rights for fear of being deported.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:
You should just make it a legal requirement for employers to pay illegal workers minimum wage.

Totally serious, why you haven’t done it is beyond me.[/quote]

As long as there are workers willing to work for less than minimum wage, illegal aliens will continue to come.

The employer can pay them off the books as well, so it’s a multi-win situation. [/quote]

It’s only a win for the employer when it’s worth his while.

Seriously, multi-million dollar fines for not paying minimum wage. If they get snapped, they’re fucked.[/quote]

They should get fucked