T Nation

Another Bone to be Picked At


#1


Here's another bone for everybody to pick over. My cousin is in the navy at the moment and he stands 5 foot 4 weighing in at a soild 170. his competition lifts last week were 320 in the bench despite short arms, a 405 for squat and 495 for deadlift. this is the program he uses:

LIGHT WEEK
Saturday
Squat WU 4X8-10
DB Lunges 3X8
Leg Ext. 4X12
Leg Curl 4X8
DB Rows 3X10
BB Curls 3X8-10
Concentration Curl 2X12

Monday
Bench Press WU 2X8, 3X5
HVY DB Flyes 3X10-12
Inverted Push-ups 3X15-25 (feet up on bench)
Shld Press 3X8
Upright Rows 3X10
Hammer Curls 3X12

Wednesday
Bulgarian DL WU 3X10-12 (this is a partial DL. Bring bar to middle of shin and come up)
Lat Pulls 4X8-10
DB Deadlifts 2X15
V-Pulls 3X8
Tricep Press 4X8

Thurs
Sissy Squats 3X15
Leg Press 3X10-12
DB Bench WU 5X5
Incline DB Press 3X10
DB Curls 3X8-10
EZ Curls 4X7

This is the second program and he goes heavier than the previous week's program.
Before each workout run/cardio at least 10 minutes. Work abs everyday after workout. If feeling good through in some pushups as well.
SATURDAY
Bench- on the 2x5 set rep until failure.
Bench press 3x8-12 and 2x5
Incline bench press 3x10-12
HVY DB flyâ??s 3x10-15
DB pullovers 3x12-15
Skull crusherâ??s 3x10-12/last set to failure
DB Curlz 3x15/last set to failure

Monday
Squat-2x8-10, 3x5 (last set on squat rep until failure)
DB Lunges 3x12 ea leg
Leg curl- 3x10-15
Leg extn-3x12-15
Calf rises- 3x25/last set to failure

Wednesday
Dead lift- 2x8-10, 3x5-10/last set to failure
Front squats-3x15-20
Shoulder shrugs 3x10-15
Shoulder circuit 3x10-12/ front/lateral/
Lying rack pull 3x12-15 last set to failure
Hammer curlz 3x10-15
c-curlz 3x10/last set to failure

Friday
Decline bench 3x12-15
Close grip bench 3x10-failure
Military press 3x10-12
Shoulder circuit 3x10-15 front/lat
Bent over rows 3x10-12
Upright rows 3x10-15
Reverse curlz/forearm 3x10-15
Pyramid max weight down to smallest-2xâ??s

ABS- Sit-ups, crunches, side crunches, side bends, roman candles, medicine ball workouts, bench sit-up, rocky sit-ups, leg lifts/flutters

Pushups- regular push-ups, close push-ups, wide pus-ups, inverted push-ups, hand stand push-ups, weighted push-ups
Pull-ups- Arms away, arms facing, close grip, wide grip, half pull-ups, towel grip pull-ups

Now I'm not going to touch the programs themselves but how should I mess with the days schedule wise and not bodypart order wise to keep from over working and straining and ultimately losing more in the end than I gain?

Much appreciated if any of the editors could give this a lookover and toss me some pointers.
P.S. My cousin is the one in the middle in the picture and this was a few months before the competition when his ship docked in dubai for a few days


#2

ouch @ that poor girl’s sunburn.


#3

I’d tap that


#4

Wtf.


#5

Short arms help on bench.


#6

Are you ever really ‘standing’ at only 5’4?


#7

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:
Are you ever really ‘standing’ at only 5’4?[/quote]

FACT: short people have a lap, even when standing.


#8

[quote]lil_diesel90 wrote:

Much appreciated if any of the editors could give this a lookover and toss me some pointers.
[/quote]

For free? haha.


#9

Hey, this guy wanted you to pick at his bone and all you can do is make short jokes? (which, however, might be in order after you’ve picked at his bone)


#10

i would.

you said your cuz is in the navy? sorry to hear that

SWAB THE POOP DECK!

lol


#11

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Short arms help on bench.[/quote]

x2


#12

[quote]prospa7 wrote:
I’d tap that[/quote]

Yeah she can pick my bone.


#13

I’m not impressed. Thanks for sharing.


#14

I was expecting some jokes on this but not to this degree. It’s safe to assume that most of you are older than me at 19 yet you act like nothing but that annoying kid in school who thinks he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. and really now holy?

military is military, each branch serves a purpose, just because they aren’t on the frontline where you are doesn’t mean they don’t work just as hard if not harder in the air or on the sea. the mods can kill this posting for all I care if all I’m going to get for responses are things I’d expect from a sophomore in highschool who’s far too cocky for his own good.


#15

This workout looks retarded. It looks all over the place, with random exercises thrown in.

Curls almost everyday.
Deadlifts AND Front Squats following the back squat workout
Benching on Friday and Saturday…wtf? As well as shoulders on Wednesday.
Too much volume too for my liking.

At the least, make it an upper/lower split and rotate. So maybe do upper, day off, lower, day off and repeat.


#16

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
prospa7 wrote:
I’d tap that

Yeah she can pick my bone. [/quote]

yuck what is wrong with you guys?

She looks like an aborted monster.


#17

[quote]lil_diesel90 wrote:
I was expecting some jokes on this but not to this degree. It’s safe to assume that most of you are older than me at 19 yet you act like nothing but that annoying kid in school who thinks he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. and really now holy?

military is military, each branch serves a purpose, just because they aren’t on the frontline where you are doesn’t mean they don’t work just as hard if not harder in the air or on the sea. the mods can kill this posting for all I care if all I’m going to get for responses are things I’d expect from a sophomore in highschool who’s far too cocky for his own good.[/quote]

What did you honestly expect with that first post dude? Really?


#18

[quote]lil_diesel90 wrote:
Here’s another bone for everybody to pick over. My cousin is in the navy at the moment and he stands 5 foot 4 weighing in at a soild 170. his competition lifts last week were 320 in the bench despite short arms, a 405 for squat and 495 for deadlift. this is the program he uses:

LIGHT WEEK
Saturday
Squat WU 4X8-10
DB Lunges 3X8
Leg Ext. 4X12
Leg Curl 4X8
DB Rows 3X10
BB Curls 3X8-10
Concentration Curl 2X12

Monday
Bench Press WU 2X8, 3X5
HVY DB Flyes 3X10-12
Inverted Push-ups 3X15-25 (feet up on bench)
Shld Press 3X8
Upright Rows 3X10
Hammer Curls 3X12

Wednesday
Bulgarian DL WU 3X10-12 (this is a partial DL. Bring bar to middle of shin and come up)
Lat Pulls 4X8-10
DB Deadlifts 2X15
V-Pulls 3X8
Tricep Press 4X8

Thurs
Sissy Squats 3X15
Leg Press 3X10-12
DB Bench WU 5X5
Incline DB Press 3X10
DB Curls 3X8-10
EZ Curls 4X7

This is the second program and he goes heavier than the previous week’s program.
Before each workout run/cardio at least 10 minutes. Work abs everyday after workout. If feeling good through in some pushups as well.
SATURDAY
Bench- on the 2x5 set rep until failure.
Bench press 3x8-12 and 2x5
Incline bench press 3x10-12
HVY DB flyâ??s 3x10-15
DB pullovers 3x12-15
Skull crusherâ??s 3x10-12/last set to failure
DB Curlz 3x15/last set to failure

Monday
Squat-2x8-10, 3x5 (last set on squat rep until failure)
DB Lunges 3x12 ea leg
Leg curl- 3x10-15
Leg extn-3x12-15
Calf rises- 3x25/last set to failure

Wednesday
Dead lift- 2x8-10, 3x5-10/last set to failure
Front squats-3x15-20
Shoulder shrugs 3x10-15
Shoulder circuit 3x10-12/ front/lateral/
Lying rack pull 3x12-15 last set to failure
Hammer curlz 3x10-15
c-curlz 3x10/last set to failure

Friday
Decline bench 3x12-15
Close grip bench 3x10-failure
Military press 3x10-12
Shoulder circuit 3x10-15 front/lat
Bent over rows 3x10-12
Upright rows 3x10-15
Reverse curlz/forearm 3x10-15
Pyramid max weight down to smallest-2xâ??s

ABS- Sit-ups, crunches, side crunches, side bends, roman candles, medicine ball workouts, bench sit-up, rocky sit-ups, leg lifts/flutters

Pushups- regular push-ups, close push-ups, wide pus-ups, inverted push-ups, hand stand push-ups, weighted push-ups
Pull-ups- Arms away, arms facing, close grip, wide grip, half pull-ups, towel grip pull-ups

Now I’m not going to touch the programs themselves but how should I mess with the days schedule wise and not bodypart order wise to keep from over working and straining and ultimately losing more in the end than I gain?

Much appreciated if any of the editors could give this a lookover and toss me some pointers.
P.S. My cousin is the one in the middle in the picture and this was a few months before the competition when his ship docked in dubai for a few days[/quote]

you cousin is strong, how old is and how long has he been training


#19

Military is NOT military. Here is the hierarchy:

1)Marines <<Usually bad asses!
2)Coast Guard <<They get to spray Cuban’s off of boats with fire hoses and have gun fights with drug trafficers
3)Air Force <<EZ-mode and the A-10 Warthog. THEY BUILT A FUCKING PLANE AROUND A GIANT GUN!
4)Army <<Some good people, but a lot of dumb fucks.
5)Navy <<What else can we say but “SWAB THE POOP DECK!”

Just my experience.

(ps: it’s all jokes before anybody gets their panties in a twist!)


#20

[quote]patrickk wrote:
Military is NOT military. Here is the hierarchy:

1)Marines <<Usually bad asses!
2)Coast Guard <<They get to spray Cuban’s off of boats with fire hoses and have gun fights with drug trafficers
3)Air Force <<EZ-mode and the A-10 Warthog. THEY BUILT A FUCKING PLANE AROUND A GIANT GUN!
4)Army <<Some good people, but a lot of dumb fucks.
5)Navy <<What else can we say but “SWAB THE POOP DECK!”

Just my experience.

[/quote]

hahahhhaha.

coast guard isn’t DOD anymore FYI.

to the OP - ok i’m sorry, you’re right. i apologize.

to your cousin…yeah he’s pretty strong, but what’s with the navy? i guess he just can’t get enough seamen, can he?

sorry, i can’t help it.