Another Big C

[quote]TQB wrote:
Turning 17 on 14 July and the bravest person I have ever known (possibly excepting the Australian policeman I saw walk into a minefield to fetch a blown up farmer)[/quote]

I’m willing to bet your boy is saying the same about you right now.Atleast thats how my sister felt when she beat hodgkin’s disease…Twice,when she was in high school.Family is everything.

Luck to you.

I will be sending my best wishes and prayers to you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear of your situation, remember to keep your head up and keep fighting. I am dedicating this bowl of wonderful pasta I just made to you and your son. Also great with champagne.

best wishes this is the same cancer that the lb from boston college just got diagnosed with right? somethin like 80% survival rating if caught in first five years?

[quote]BiggerthnU wrote:
best wishes this is the same cancer that the lb from boston college just got diagnosed with right? somethin like 80% survival rating if caught in first five years?[/quote]

That’s it. Survival is mainly dependent on size of tumour and age of detection. In my son’s case it was quite big and he was at the late edge of “good cure rate”. We are going to beat this sucker anyway. I like Herzlich’s attitude. My son had to give up rugby and climbing after they put in an artificial knee, but has been walking, kayaking and biking. It is less about coming back to exactly the state before cancer, that about grabbing every possibility you have and never let it get you down. Facing death is a great teacher.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I am so sorry to hear of your situation, remember to keep your head up and keep fighting. I am dedicating this bowl of wonderful pasta I just made to you and your son. Also great with champagne. [/quote]

Alfredo? Don’t tell Shugs!

[quote]TQB wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
I am so sorry to hear of your situation, remember to keep your head up and keep fighting. I am dedicating this bowl of wonderful pasta I just made to you and your son. Also great with champagne.

Alfredo? Don’t tell Shugs![/quote]

Naa dude, cappellini pomodoro, and its naturally pretty light and low in calories.

UPDATE:

Busy year. The tumour was not quite dead, so we had to do high dose Chemo and stem cell replacement last summer. He spent 6 weeks in an isolation ward and it took a long time for him to come back. The whole family went to New Zealand for christmas and we spent like crazy, “Bungee, sure. Dolphins, yep. Helicopter to the glacier, of course, Fjord cruise, sounds good”. He had a great time, as did my older kids.

Yesterday ha had the first major follow up scan after the stem cell replacement. They called this morning “All Clear”.

This chanmpagne drinking is gonna kill me…

TQB

My training has gone down the drain, however. I will give it another go now, but I suspect my hip replacement is finally looming. Don’t play rugby when you’re old…

Awesome news, so glad to hear this!

Congratulations on the good news! I am sure your son is grateful for all that you have done for him, being there for him and being everything a Daddy should be. Like a wise poster said earlier “family is everything”.

Great news, thanks for keeping us updated. On that note, has anyone heard from Renton?

Yay, TQB!

What a relief! Onward and upward!

:slight_smile:

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]TQB wrote:
. They called this morning “All Clear”.

…[/quote]

EXCELLENT!!!

In other news… Adequan my offer you significant long-term relief from hip degeneration and pain. If you need to source it, just PM me. I can of course tell you how to use it :wink:

BBB[/quote]

Thanks. I think that doesn’t work too well when you’re down to bone on bone. The original injury tore off the blood vessels supplying the cartilage. When I move now I sound like a bowl of Rice Crispies.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]TQB wrote:
. They called this morning “All Clear”.

…[/quote]

EXCELLENT!!!

[/quote]

x2. I can only imagine how that must make you feel.

Awesome news!

Great news! Your son kicked cancer in the ass. Best wishes for a cancer-free future.

As for the rugby, I played on a woman’s team until I was 54. Decided it wasn’t worth it to spend 5 days recovering from 90 minutes of taking a beating. Although the spectators fighting in the stands was probably worse.

Great news! I was dreading checking out this thread but I’m very happy for you and your family! Great news indeed.

Awesome! You had me worried for a little while as I was reading it, but it came out great at the end. Dying from celebratory champagne is not a bad way to go out, I imagine.

DB