Another 5x5 Question

i was thinking about doing 5x5 mon through sat but switch between my workout routine A and B

Routine A:
Bench
Bent Row
Power Clean and push press

Routine B:
Front Squat
Dead lift
Russian Twist(on incline board)

I didnt want to do all on same day bec it would be more than an hour with 2mins rest between sets. What do u guy or girls think? Also i was thinking about HIIT mon/wed/fri, maybe a few hours after my strength workout…

anyone?

I jsut finished the madcow 5x5 and i loved it. It does get kind of boring but it really makes you strong. At least it did me. All my big lifts went up 10% in about 10 weeks. I also gained about 10-12 lbs which is a bunch considering i am only 5’7".

I am taking this week off then i am gonna give the superheor program a shot.

Keep us posted on you progress and good luck to ya.

[quote]IronKid wrote:
i was thinking about doing 5x5 mon through sat but switch between my workout routine A and B

Routine A:
Bench
Bent Row
Power Clean and push press

Routine B:
Front Squat
Dead lift
Russian Twist(on incline board)

I didnt want to do all on same day bec it would be more than an hour with 2mins rest between sets. What do u guy or girls think? Also i was thinking about HIIT mon/wed/fri, maybe a few hours after my strength workout…
[/quote]

You can do that I guess, but do you mean train six days a week? Good luck to you, I find that three or four days a week is enough if you’re working hard and with decent volume. Also, I don’t think one hour has to be a magic number for training length.

If I were you, I’d do a simpler 5x5, like Madcow’s or the original Bill Starr program of light, medium and heavy days. How long have you been lifting?

Do Madcow’s or Bill Starr’s original programs instead. They’re more complete and proven.