T Nation

Anonymous Renews Fight with Westboro

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/westboro-baptist-church-hacked-anonymous-protest-newtown-shooting-victims-funerals_n_2315070.html

Anon can be childish and fickle, but I guess this shows that even the armpit of the internet has limits.

The question is, can they keep this up, or will they get bored in two months?

For those unaware, the WBC once tried to claim Anon issued a threat to them (likely cooked up the the “church” itself), so this isn’t the first time they’ve butted heads.

Some info on Westboro:

'While mainstream Christianity rejects homosexuality as sin, following God’s example, true Christians love the sinner. In contrast, WBC demonstrates no love for the sinner, and their attitude is considered to be one of hate. While the name implies that the church is affiliated with other mainstream Baptist churches, the WBC is independent of mainstream Christianity. The church’s members are almost entirely family members and are infamous for their protests and pickets at the funerals of soldiers who died in the line of duty…

Their antics are denounced across almost all spectra of political and religious thought. Their hatred, and seeking of publicity, goes beyond homosexuality. They also protested the Pope’s visit, calling him the anti-Christ…

The ACLU has filed lawsuits in Ohio and Missouri on behalf of Westboro’s activities without success…

The Westboro Church helped run Al Gore’s Kansas campaign in 1988. Fred Phelps Jr. was a Gore delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention and invited to the first Clinton-Gore inauguration in 1993

Phelps has strongly supported Fidel Castro and Saddam Hussein in the past. Hussein allowed a group of Westboro delegates to visit Iraq to protest against the U.S…’

I just saw the WBC personal information is floating about on social media already.(its very detailed) Good job anon.

Can’t say I’m too broken up about Westboro’s plight.

Boo-freaking-hoo for them. They like the reap-what-you-sow talk. Well that time has come for them, now. You can’t expect to piss all over people’s graves and rub their families’ faces in it with impunity forever.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Some info on Westboro:

'While mainstream Christianity rejects homosexuality as sin, following God’s example, true Christians love the sinner. In contrast, WBC demonstrates no love for the sinner, and their attitude is considered to be one of hate. While the name implies that the church is affiliated with other mainstream Baptist churches, the WBC is independent of mainstream Christianity. The church’s members are almost entirely family members and are infamous for their protests and pickets at the funerals of soldiers who died in the line of duty…

Their antics are denounced across almost all spectra of political and religious thought. Their hatred, and seeking of publicity, goes beyond homosexuality. They also protested the Pope’s visit, calling him the anti-Christ…

The ACLU has filed lawsuits in Ohio and Missouri on behalf of Westboro’s activities without success…

The Westboro Church helped run Al Gore’s Kansas campaign in 1988. Fred Phelps Jr. was a Gore delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention and invited to the first Clinton-Gore inauguration in 1993

Phelps has strongly supported Fidel Castro and Saddam Hussein in the past. Hussein allowed a group of Westboro delegates to visit Iraq to protest against the U.S…’[/quote]

Pic to go with your comment my friend

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Anon can be childish and fickle, but I guess this shows that even the armpit of the internet has limits.

The question is, can they keep this up, or will they get bored in two months?[/quote]

Anonymous, I usually consider a pretty nasty organization, but they have my total blessing for this.

That is one very messed up fundamentalist church. It’s difficult to feel sorry for them being outed.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

The question is, can they keep this up, or will they get bored in two months?[/quote]

Who is they? How can they ALL get bored?

[quote]pat wrote:
Anonymous, I usually consider a pretty nasty organization, but they have my total blessing for this.[/quote]

There is no organization.

It’s some tech-savvy individuals doing things on their own while calling themselves anonymous.

Technically, we all have the capacity to be anonymous - that is, until we are outed by anonymous.

EDIT: these individuals speak in the first person, plural to really mess with heads.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Can’t say I’m too broken up about Westboro’s plight.

Boo-freaking-hoo for them. They like the reap-what-you-sow talk. Well that time has come for them, now. You can’t expect to piss all over people’s graves and rub their families’ faces in it with impunity forever. [/quote]

Hahaha. Yes! I feel no sorrow at all. What’s that? You say “with the measure you use, you will be measured?” Oh, right… I hope Anonymous crushes them thoroughly. The ONLY people I feel bad for in this situation are the small kids that don’t know what they’re being dragged into by the hatemonger parents and the subsequent retaliation by Anonymous. They’re too young to know what signs they’re holding, or even what’s going on.

That said…I hope WBC gets totally shredded by Anonymous. These people make me sick.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Who is they? How can they ALL get bored?[/quote]

Anon. And by all get bored, I mean interest drops to a level where it’s barely perceptible.

Well, ruining their bank and credit history would be a good start. Hit em where it hurts, in the wallet.

Pretty cool. Sometimes it’s just as fun to watch bad guys get fucked as to watch good guys get rewarded.

[quote]666Rich wrote:
Well, ruining their bank and credit history would be a good start. Hit em where it hurts, in the wallet.[/quote]

The should drain their accounts and donate it to a gay rights group.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Anonymous, I usually consider a pretty nasty organization, but they have my total blessing for this.[/quote]

Pretty much this…WBC is perhaps the lowest form of scum I have ever seen.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]666Rich wrote:
Well, ruining their bank and credit history would be a good start. Hit em where it hurts, in the wallet.[/quote]

The should drain their accounts and donate it to a gay rights group.[/quote]

hahaha. That would be epic. I think the juicy poetic justice would be worth more laughs than I could possibly get. The delicious irony would just about make my year.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]666Rich wrote:

Absolutely fantastic. Not gay marriage or anything political–donate it to HIV research or something. That way literally everyone can sit back and feel that fuzzy warmth.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Pretty much this…WBC is perhaps the lowest form of scum I have ever seen.[/quote]

When the KKK thinks you’re going too far, you’ve got a problem.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]666Rich wrote:

LOVE IT