T Nation

Anonymous Pro Cycle MD, Dec 2015

Has anyone read Ron Harris’s latest interview Dec 2015 in MD with an anonymous Pro, Bodybuilder X?
Nothing too surprising, for a cycle, 1500-2000mg/week of various anabolics, HGH. He said he only likes long cycles eg 20weeks on /20weeks off, and goes completely off.

Weeks 20-12
800-100mg of Test
600mg of Deca or EQ

Weeks 12-4
600mg Test
400mg Tren Ace
400mg Masteron
50mg/day Winstrol
Clen 2 days on 1 day off 100mcg daily
T3 50-75mcg daily
GH 6iu daily

Weeks 4-1
400mg Test
500mg Tren Ace
500mg Masteron
50mg/day Winstrol
30mg/ day Halotestin

• same clen, T3, GH as weeks 12-4

What astounded me was that he said he comes completely off after a cycle.
From memory even our own Shadow Pro admits to going on relatively low dose cruises (higher than genuine TRT dose)in between cycles.

I know some pro’s say they come off for 3 months after a big show to clean their system out, and give their steroid receptors a rest. Serge Nubret in the late 70’s took a break from the gym for 3 months straight every year. These days when we all know Pro’s use performance enhancers I interpret that to mean he was off the gear for 3months(on for 9months perhaps tapered the doses to avoid sides). 5 months off any gear sounds a little too long to be competitive these days. What do you guys think?

In my life I have met 3 people with perfect pitch and 1 with an eidetic memory. A close friend of mine is a well known concert pianist and teacher where I live. He sight reads complex pieces that degree holders take at least a month to learn.

If there are people with genetic abilities that even accomplished people in their respective professions cannot fathom, why do you find it far fetched that there are some in the bodybuilding world with equally stellar genetics pertaining to this sport? You cannot use your own abilities to judge the extent of theirs because that is something you simply aren’t able to fathom without living their lives.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

oh my god I hope you don’t believe that shit. lmfao.

[quote]Mtag666 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

oh my god I hope you don’t believe that shit. lmfao.

[/quote]

I do. Im close with 3 pros and they dont run what people think they do.

There are too different issues here:

One is cycling and PTC to keep a viable HPTA.

The other is getting off gear to give the liver and perhaps kidneys time to [maybe] recover.

There are some blessed individuals out there in every field of endeavour.
I’m sure some respond better to a lower dose of anabolics than others, that wasn’t really what I was focusing on(though I may not have expressed that cleary).
I think the genetic factor with bodybuilding is more strongly about the muscle bellies, shape, attachment, clavicle width, hip width etc. That being said response to drugs is a factor. When competing at Pro level I’d say the majority of them rate highly in all forms of genetic advantages.

I was more in disbelief about the long period of abstinence from any anabolics, during the long length of break between cycles. No mention of hcg on cycle, or blasting at the end before PCT. After 20 weeks “on” his natural test production is going to be shut down hard.
When Victor Martinez spent 7 months (28 odd weeks)in Immigration detention without PED’s, his usual diet, and no weights, he came out looking a shadow of his competitive self. Even with all his usual drugs etc he was not able to get back in shape for the next Olympia(can be seen in the movie Generation Iron). He definitely put back on a lot of muscle in a short period of time, but he just didn’t have the size to make him competitive.

There is definitely a big range of what a Pro is. Having qualified and got a Pro card is one thing, it doesn’t necessarily mean you are good enough to qualify for an Olympia, let alone place.

I enjoy Ron Harris’s writing. I applaud him for being pretty much the only mainstream bodybuilding reporter to talk about his own experiences with anabolics. That gives him plenty of credit with me, but it also doesn’t mean I believe everything he says when it comes to Pro drug usage.
Many bodybuilding writers “ghost write” articles supposedly by the Pro’s. Its been like that since the start of bodybuilding magazines.How much input the actual Pro give, I don’t know. Anything from 0% -99%.

it’s really not hard to believe pro’s come off sometimes. The only pro I know does, so I don’t see why others wouldn’t.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
it’s really not hard to believe pro’s come off sometimes. The only pro I know does, so I don’t see why others wouldn’t.[/quote]

Hey Yogi, How long does your Pro take a break from gear?

[quote]Beyond Beyond wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
it’s really not hard to believe pro’s come off sometimes. The only pro I know does, so I don’t see why others wouldn’t.[/quote]

Hey Yogi, How long does your Pro take a break from gear?[/quote]

Ages, like 3-6 months at a time. He doesn’t use that high of a dose anymore either. He used to, but he’s chilled it out a bit. Typical cycle for him in the off season is:

-800mg test
-600mg deca

and that’s about it. He competes at the national level, although that’s less impressive in this country than it would be in others.