Annoying Things About Having Size!

…and I’m not talking about downstairs.

I’m not as big as I used to be before an injury put me out of the game for a while (and even then I wasn’t really that huge) but I remember being having some noticeable lean mass had it’s drawbacks. The big three I can remember were:

1. Minding your own business and being started on by dickheads in pubs. Usually small guys who are with mates or a hot girl/s and feel they have some sort of point to prove.

2. Being propositioned by gay guys at the Gym. This must have happened to me three or four times after being followed into the change room or out to the car.

3. Relatives and friends who assume that because you like to throw weights around you also like to move furniture for free in your spare time. Yep, I was the go to guy every time someone needed to move fucking house. I even had friends of friends, who I barely knew, ringing me up to ask me.

All can happen but i hate the fact i can’t close my arm very long before my arm gets numb. Especially, when i sleep.

I’ve avoided that problem by never opening my arm in the first place.

#1 happens to everyone large or small. The other day i was king hit by some fuckhead out the front of club whilst texting…

I’ve put on a fair amount of size this year although I’m still by no means ‘swole’. My one complaint is that I still feel kind of clumsy as I’m still not subconsciously used to my new mass. I find myself knocking into shit, especially in the morning before coffee.

I by all means, am not massive but still, adding size just means I bruise my shoulders more. I too get clumsy and bump into the wall all the time.

I hate having to buy double XL clothes.

[quote]Huh? wrote:

1. Relatives and friends who assume that because you like to throw weights around you also like to move furniture for free in your spare time. Yep, I was the go to guy every time someone needed to move fucking house. I even had friends of friends, who I barely knew, ringing me up to ask me. [/quote]

“Hey you want to come over for a pizza and watch the game?”
Sure!
“Great, great… by the way, I have to move this piano to my aunt’s house…”

Yep I’m number one on the move list for about everyone I talk to.

1. I’m having problems finding clothes that fit right. Again, I’m not HUUUGE but the whole “metro” look has taken over so most new clothes are cut either for the super skinny or extremely obese. So I have my choice, look strange or fat.

seat belt issues - the whole process! getting in and out of small, mid-size cars, actually sedans in general even larger ones, airplane seats, all seats at any event (movies, sports games, etc). Lastly, the worst of them all - public urinals are too close together and at half time I don’t want people rubbing up next from the next urinal to me as I piss.

[quote]Huh? wrote:

1. Being propositioned by gay guys at the Gym. This must have happened to me three or four times after being followed into the change room or out to the car.

[/quote]

i thought gay guys usually only hit on other gay guys? given the whole “gaydar” and all. i could see it happening once, but three or four times? your totally gay, go with it.

[quote]Huh? wrote:

1. Minding your own business and being started on by dickheads in pubs. Usually small guys who are with mates or a hot girl/s and feel they have some sort of point to prove.[/quote]

I have to wonder what you mean by “big.” I’ve never seen someone I considered big get “started on.” Every once in a while a jealous douchebag would mock the big guy as he walked by, but he did so quietly.

I just can’t see anyone starting shit with Dave Tate or Prof. X.

Maybe we just have different conceptions of “big.”

There’s NOTHING annoying about having size. It’s ALL POSITIVE.

That’s like asking what’s annoying about being good looking (which I am not).

Even the “negatives” are positives. Would you rather be small?

I have 29-inch thighs and a 48.5-inch chest. I have no problem finding clothing that fits. Yeah, I might slip into a pair of pants that is too tight across the thighs and I might have to go a bit bigger in the waist to accomodate my legs and butt. I generally buy my shirts and sports jackets in the Big and Tall department (I feel out of place in comparison to the other customers - I’m six-feet and around 230 right now, but I don’t think I look that heavy in street clothes).

Thing is this: I hear a lot of guys who are a LOT smaller than I am bitching about how they can’t find clothes to fit them. Even though I have to jump through the odd hoop to get clothes that fit, I never call attention to it just so people will realize that I’m huge. So chances are if you claim to have a lot of problems finding clothes to fit and you are NOT 6’5" 285…you’re probably just running your mouth.

The real #1 problem of being HUGE is the compulsion to tell everyone how tough it is being huge.

DB

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I hate having to buy double XL clothes.[/quote]

Your profile says you weigh 170 pounds.

[quote]springbok wrote:
seat belt issues - the whole process! getting in and out of small, mid-size cars, actually sedans in general even larger ones, airplane seats, all seats at any event (movies, sports games, etc). Lastly, the worst of them all - public urinals are too close together and at half time I don’t want people rubbing up next from the next urinal to me as I piss.[/quote]

Dude. You’re my size. I have those same issues, I guess. 'Cept the seat belt. But belive me, we are not giants walking around in a too-small world. Get over yourself.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
The real #1 problem of being HUGE is the compulsion to tell everyone how tough it is being huge.

DB[/quote]

Word!

No offense to the OP but if being “big” presents a problem or annoyance you should maybe adjust your priorities in life.

My nephew was born with defects that do not allow him to talk, he’s now 12 and he still doesn’t talk. His behavior is also hard to deal with as he’s strong as hell and seems almost violent even though it’s not in his nature.

A client of mine lost 2 of her 4 siblings.

Another friend lost his daughter when she drown in the water on top of the pool cover while he was at work. “Babysitter” was his wife.

There is so much shit out there to be annoyed/concerned with. You are blessed if you long to be “big” and can actually pull it off.

I’m not trying to be a dick… just count your blessings everyone… Every day! And forget the small stuff.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Huh? wrote:

1. Minding your own business and being started on by dickheads in pubs. Usually small guys who are with mates or a hot girl/s and feel they have some sort of point to prove.

I have to wonder what you mean by “big.” I’ve never seen someone I considered big get “started on.” Every once in a while a jealous douchebag would mock the big guy as he walked by, but he did so quietly.

I just can’t see anyone starting shit with Dave Tate or Prof. X.

Maybe we just have different conceptions of “big.”[/quote]

I think he means Brad Pitt in Fight Club “big”. You know, totally swole with a six pack.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
I hate having to buy double XL clothes.

Your profile says you weigh 170 pounds.[/quote]

Yeah, he was joking genius.