T Nation

Annoying 'Kids' at the Gym

Im sure all of you have experienced this at your gym, skinny little pricks walking around in beaters in groups of 5 or so and simply getting in the way and talking and basically have no intention of getting in a useful workout, instead they treat the gym like a highschool hallway and do nothing but get in the way. Anyone have any funny stories involving people like this in your gym lets hear em.

Use the search. You’ll find all you want

[quote]hoosegow wrote:
Use the search. You’ll find all you want[/quote]

Stop being helpful, dammit.

[quote]corey_31 wrote:
Anyone have any funny stories involving people like this in your gym lets hear em.[/quote]

No, there’s never ever been mention of such things on this site.

they are worse than drinking water first thing after waking up

[quote]eremesu wrote:
they are worse than drinking water first thing after waking up[/quote]

It always tastes like ass…

This is in no way related, but…

You know how there’s a tall drinking fountain and a bit shorter one, right.
It’s annoying when you’re drinking from the tall one and somebody comes up and stands behind you until you finish. Are you too good for the fucking short one or what…

Especially if you stumble over there after some squats or whatever and you’re savoring that fucking water and the asshole behind you is fucking tapping his foot when there’s a free fountain right there.

I’ll even take the short one myself if I see somebody heading for the fountains at the same time as me and they’ll still wait. what the fuck
This only happened once actually. This fat Indian lady just stared at me as I drank, but still, fuck

[quote]Artem wrote:

It’s annoying when you’re drinking from the tall one and somebody comes up and stands behind you until you finish. Are you too good for the fucking short one or what…

Especially if you stumble over there after some squats or whatever and you’re savoring that fucking water and the asshole behind you is fucking tapping his foot when there’s a free fountain right there.

I’ll even take the short one myself if I see somebody heading for the fountains at the same time as me and they’ll still wait. what the fuck
This only happened once actually. This fat Indian lady just stared at me as I drank, but still, fuck[/quote]

Maybe she was checking out your glutes.

do these kids sometimes do their curl in the squat rack?

After they are accused of using steroids while talking about how they can’t find jeans to fit their massive legs.

[quote]eremesu wrote:
they are worse than drinking water first thing after waking up[/quote]

wtf is it with water after waking up, its impossible to drink and makes me wanna shit

Back to the original topic, yes I see those groups of kids all the time, but they usually disappear from the gym in a matter of weeks

doesn’t matter if they disappear, they’ll be back, and with friends

[quote]VON_Ballack wrote:
do these kids sometimes do their curl in the squat rack?[/quote]

Yes they do. How did you know? They do all 10 sets of 10 reps in the squat rack. While there is a perfectly good short bar only a few feet away.

There have been times where both my brother and i had finished multiple sets while some kids will just sit there and talk while lounging on the benches. i even remember mentioning to my bro how we finished so much and they havnt even touched a weight.

I sometimes annoy kids at the gym. But then again, I annoy my kids at home. If it isn’t ‘make your bed’ it’s ‘rerack the fucking weights’. Wait. Was that what you meant?

[quote]Artem wrote:

This only happened once actually. This fat Indian lady just stared at me as I drank, but still, fuck[/quote]

I actually have a really good reason for waiting for the tall fountain. If you shanty up and use the short fountain while another dude is on the tall one, it places your face about 3 inches away from his crotch, which is way too fucking close if he’s an hour into an intense workout.

[quote]Salti wrote:
There have been times where both my brother and i had finished multiple sets while some kids will just sit there and talk while lounging on the benches. i even remember mentioning to my bro how we finished so much and they havnt even touched a weight.[/quote]

Hey at least they dont go from one machine to another just putting the highest weight available not do a single rep but take 50 pictures of them getting ready to lift that weight that they couldnt lift if all 5 of them tried at the same time.

Lift heavier weights and they will leave you alone.

They don’t even get in my way anymore on the way to the water fountain.

And I get both fountains b/c I’m so Alpha.

And where the hell can I find a decent set of jeans to fit over these tree trunks of mine?

[quote]B rocK wrote:

And where the hell can I find a decent set of jeans to fit over these tree trunks of mine?[/quote]

Baby Gap?

[quote]B rocK wrote:
Lift heavier weights and they will leave you alone.

They don’t even get in my way anymore on the way to the water fountain.

And I get both fountains b/c I’m so Alpha.

And where the hell can I find a decent set of jeans to fit over these tree trunks of mine?[/quote]

I believe the tree-trunk legged jeans aisle is located RIGHT next to the carrots aisle … coincidence? That’s for you to decide