Annoyed with Blood Pressure at Docs

I have a long history of issues at the doctors. When I was 17 my body pretty much went haywire. My blood counts were off, lymph nodes popped up every where and the doctor initially told me i might have the C word. Biopsies and a few dozen tests later I was told ohhhh I guess you might have had some virus? This happens sometimes. Since then I always have a sense of doom and panic when I go to the doctors.

1 Like

You didn’t really give your stats.

But this article is interesting:

Elevated BP is so often a product of lifestyle.

It seems you have it under control now?

You say the bananas are sucking the water out of you. They work similar to a diuretic. Which are used to treat hypertension. So there you go. Haha.

I am very active and make the mistake of still thinking i am 21 sometimes. For the most part my diet is ground chicken, chicken breasts, tuna, lean beef, steak and rice… with some veggies mixed in. I drink way too much coffee and on Thursday-Saturday pretty much allow myself to eat and drink whatever I want… as long as my protein is still adequate… Those foods are ridiculously high in sodium. My body gets away with it because I burn a ton of calories 6 days a week and stay lean. It has probably been a decade since I ate a banana and rarely eat any other fruits.

1 Like

This can and will fuck you up man. My wife essentially forces a bunch of veggies and fruit on me when we eat dinners and prep food. My digestive system goes ape when I skimp on fruits and veggies too so I have a built-in warning system.

1 Like

If I skimp on veggies, my gut goes ape shit, but if I have too much fruit (ie more than a serving a week), my gut also goes ape shit.

Hi @smash10033 Thank you for the reply. Don’t trust your PCP blindly. You can buy your own blood test and we can help you figure out what is going on. PCP’s are controlled by the insurance companies. Keep that in mind when they offer advice. You will her you are in range. In range of 18 to 80 WTF does that really mean? Challenge them in range it your clue they have no clue what they are doing.

So, there are PCP’s that will offer bad advice, but telling someone with very high BP spikes to get bloodwork so people on the internet can help diagnose him is objectively bad advice. This isn’t TRT, and doctors have medical knowledge that you and others on here most certainly don’t that can help them diagnose problems that you or I wouldn’t think of. NOBODY should be getting diagnosed over the internet.

This whole “don’t trust doctors, trust strangers on the interwebz” trend is seriously dangerous. Nobody goes online to talk about how their PCP prevented a health issue through good advice, they go online to complain, and so distrust spreads quickly. But this is just irresponsible, dude.

8 Likes

I wasn’t going to touch that because I’m pretty sure I’ve been fucking too many people off lately, but I’m glad someone did.

Probably more tactfully (definitely) than I would have too.

2 Likes

I figured you’d have pretty strong feelings on the subject, and rightfully so. Not everyone can be a doctor. There’s always the 5%, in any profession anywhere, that slip through, but even they have a level of knowledge concerning most health issues that none of us will ever attain, and there are very few universal red flags that help us pick out bad doctors, but one of those few universal red flags is, if someone claims that they can properly, accurately, and ethically diagnose potential heart issues over the internet based on whatever limited information you can provide on a forum, you are dealing with a quack.

1 Like

@flappinit Or don’t no skin off my nose. Best of luck getting your BP figured out.

I’m not the one with BP problems. I’ve had white coat syndrome before, which is why I suggested that as a cause, but made sure to include that OP should get himself checked out further. You know - dropping a thought and a disclaimer, as is customary and responsible when dealing with possible life threatening conditions, as opposed to, say, telling someone not to trust their primary care physician and to have a group of faceless strangers with no medical knowledge diagnose them.

1 Like

I do. As does my cardiologist. I’m just trying to limit my tendency to deliver the right message the wrong way.

It’s hilarious though. After 12 years of university and umpteen years of practice in a nationally award winning cardiac care hospital, my man is like “Yeah, I don’t know. I can’t answer that accurately…”

Then the internet says “:student: I found a study…!”

And I just :rofl:.

1 Like

@flappinit nobody twists your arm on the internet. You ask a question and get suggestions from the members. It is like brainstorming an idea. The OP picks and chooses what he wants to do. ((( disclaimers ))) give me a break. No one on the forum states they are a doctor. disclaimers are a given. You sure you don’t have BP issues? You sure have anger management issues.

My man, I’m literally sitting here with a big, stupid grin on my face, wondering how you interpreted any of my posts as remotely angry.

You’re right - you didn’t state you were a doctor. You implied that you were more knowledgeable than a doctor. You discredited all primary care physicians and then offered your own expertise as a superior option.

I’m not sure how you think you are coming off here, but rest assured, you are the only one here coming off as angry, with a healthy mix of defensiveness and insecurity. Disclaimers are certainly not a given when someone says this:

Seriously - how you could read anything I wrote and see “anger management issues” is the ultimate projection. I wish you a long and fruitful interwebz medical career.

1 Like

@flappinit I am done with this thread. Why are you even a member here. You seem to know it all. You need no advice from your fellow members. I wish you all the best.

He’s very kind and encouraging. Has perked me up a few times when I was down.

And he’s a bad mofo.

Priceless really. You can’t find people like that just anywhere.

1 Like

What is up with you @SkyzykS after pissing off half the forum with your attack on the obese post you running around collecting friends? Give me a break.

So @SkyzykS @flappinit WTF why are you even members here? You are the who said of the greatest magnitude. No one can offer you advice. Stop waste our time with you useless BS.

:rofl:

You’re pretty funny man.

You came back different after your short hiatus away from the forum. Everything ok man?

1 Like