Anna's Training Log Part 2 (Part 1)

Week 1: Day 6

57min weighted vest walk- 25lbs in pack, play around with speeds and incline

• felt good and very quick, got HR up but kept it relatively

Note: The hunger continues… I’ve been at 2200 for the past 3 days, mostly good choices. I think it might be something to do with switching programmes. anyways, back on track tomorrow

1 Like

Week 2: Day 1

Bench: 1x10, 4x9-50kg
Lateral raises: 5x8-15lb dbs
Press: 2x9, 1x8-30kg, 2x9-25kg… no wonder the first sets felt so hard :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: , superset w/ 10 alt 1 arm kbs- 40lb kb
Rows: 5x9-35kg, superset w/ 5 burpees
curls: 3x10-40lb kb, superset w/10 alt 1 arm swings
tricep pushdowns: 3x20-25lbs

• felt pretty good, felt tired but weights all moved well.

Update: Fall break over, back on the grind. I’m pretty proud of myself. I wasn’t a complete hermit this break

3 Likes

Week 2: Day 2 (yesterday)

Squat: 5x9-75kg
plank hip dips: 5x20 alternating side
RDL: 4x9-75kg, superset w/20 alt bodyweight lunges
snatch grip DL: 5x8-65kg, superset w/ 10alt 1 arm KBS-40lb kb
leg extensions: 10x5-90lbs EMOM
KBS: 2x20, 1x22 alt 1 arm w/ 40lb kb

• this felt weird- the weight felt light, but I was strangely lightheaded and nearly passed out after a couple of sets but kind of forgot to give up lol :joy:, rest of workout went well, rdls were a lot harder than expected

Week 2: day 3

55min weighted walk- 27lbs in pack

• fells good to get blood flowing, was conscious to go up stairs, hamstrings ded from yesterday
4 Likes

Week 2: Day 4

Deadlift: 5x9-100kg
lying leg raises: 5x20
Paused squats: 5x4-60kg, 3301 tempo, superset w/20 alt bodyweight lunges
Good mornings: 1x8, 2x9, 1x10, 1x11-50kg… oops, but I was really tired
Pendlay rows: 5x5-60kg
Bodyweight leg work: 5min walking lunges
Conditioning: 15min incline walk, pushed it

• felt great! deadlifts went up easy but really took something out of me so the rest of it was a drag- got through though. the incline walks are getting easier

@cyclonengineer @SvenG @dagill2 I’ve talked about ASD a couple of times here before. Anyways, I’ve been reading some papers on ASD and social inference/learning for one of my SOPs. IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! It’s really cool that I might be able to actually study this stuff

3 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t learn about it really until my late 20s. But all of a sudden I knew why everyone thought I was kind of odd or laughed when I said something that wasn’t supposed to be funny.

Once I learned a lot more about it I realized a lot of stuff growing up made more sense. Like when I was young I had a quartz watch that ticked and I could even hear it inside my dresser drawer and the ticking made it so I couldn’t sleep. I had to stuff the watch inside a sock or it would keep me up….

1 Like

There are some really cool papers showing how ppl with ASD tend to

• literally value social incentives/relationships less and use reasoning more when evaluating social/ethical issues more than emotional centres
  • respond less to rewards
  • use more cognition to process social information (ie it requires reason instead of being “common sense”)
  • have difficulty forming mental representations of social relationships (and directions)
1 Like

Week 1: Day 5

Incline Bench: 5x8-40kg
isometric bicep walk: 5x20m
Zpress: 5x7-25lb Dbs
tricep pushdowns: 5x16-25lbs
straight arm pulldowns: 4x9-30lbs
lateral raises: 4x9-15lb dbs

• pretty tired but not as sore as expected- took things easy. I think my recovery is getting better, bench felt strong. This went by a lot quicker than expected

I only have 1 chapter left before I complete the rough draft of the book for my prof. It was a lot harder than expected to turn lectures into text

3 Likes

Week 2: Day 6

KBS: 30x10 alt 1 arm KBS- 40lb KB, EMOM
Reverse DB fly: 5x10-15lb DBs
Technique: HS walk

• this felt really nice, got blood flowing
2 Likes

The real reason Anna chose CMU.

FB_IMG_1667223126768

Cuz it sure wasn’t for the weather!

1 Like

That is unironically what the path to my (former) contractual counterparty’s new house is like

1 Like

Yep. There used to be entire neighborhoods through Homestead and Hayes where the steps were the only way to get to them.

Glad to see you’re excelling in your academic endeavors.

1 Like

Week 3: Day 1

Bench: 5x10-45kg
Front Raises: 5x10-12.5lb Dbs
press: 5x10-25kg, superset w/ 5 burpees
Curls: 3x8- 40lb Kb- EMOM
DB Flyes: 3x16-15lb Dbs

• not too bad, abductors sore and that definitely sucked when benching, press was harder than expected

On a sidenote, I’m having a lot of trouble on the nutrition front. I have a really really hard time sticking to calories. I find myself telling myself “tomorrow I’ll stick to the plan” but always find an excuse to go over.
idk if I actually need more food or if it’s stress or eating higher carb

2 Likes

I go back to those quadrants on this one.

1 Like

Week 3: Day 2

Squat: 5x10-75kg
Plank hip dips: 5x10/side
Trap bar deadlifts: 5x5-90kg, superset w/ 20 alt bw lunges
RDL: 5x5-60kg, 3030 tempo
Leg extensions: 5x10-70lbs, 2x10-65lbs, 3x10-60lbs, 60sec rests btw sets
KBS: 3x20 alternating 1 arm -40lbs EMOM

• the squats felt AWESOME!!! very happy w/ how smooth they felt, rest of it was really really hard to get through but made it
3 Likes

Week 3: Day 3

Incline bench: 5x9-40kg
Curl: 5x5-45lbs
BTN press: 5x10-20kg, superset w/5 burpees
tricep pushdown: 3x16-25lbs
face pull: 3x20-25lbs
conditioning: 4x12, 4x14, 2x16- 40lb kb, EMOM

• bench felt good and went by quick, BTN press really worked shoulders- unfortunately, I seemed to have strained a rhomboid… deadlifts may be jeopardised…

I have hit a low point in the semester… idk how my friends do it…

2 Likes

Trust me, they’re saying the exact same thing.

Edit: Nice work, BTW. It’s good to see you getting the work done, both in and out of the classroom.

1 Like

speak of the devil

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 8.03.45 PM

This just made my evening.

1 Like

Told ya so!

:slight_smile:

I think this kind of thought can get dangerous very quick because it often becomes self perpetuating and so leads to a downward spiral.

I suggest that you reach out to your trusted friends (those that you think you can talk openly to and have done so in the past) and talk about your struggles as soon as you feel like this. They may let you know that they’re struggling too, as your later post shows.

Knowing the shared struggles of your peers can give you perspective, which I think is the antidote to this kind of thought.

1 Like

It’s about week 12 of a 16 week semester so this tracks. November was always the toughest month to get through in school.

2 Likes