Anna's Training Log Part 2 (Part 1)

Haha, I do, but when my Appalachian Trail comment didn’t even seem to illicit a moment to think about reducing the count I assumed that nothing anyone could say would ever change her mind on maintaining those steps.

2 Likes

Week 1: day 2

Squat: 1x5-40,50,55, 60,70,80 (beltless); 1x5-90(joker), should have done 85 then 90
Deadlift: 2x(5x1-cluster)-90
Conventional deadlift: 5x(5deadkift-70+20face pulls+5 burpees)
Leg extension: 3x(10-55lbs+10lying leg raises+5 burpees)
Pullups: 1x5,4,3,2,1
Conditioning: 7x5db devils press-22.5lbs, EMOM; 10burpees

• felt good- it’s amazing how light the squats felt, started light with the “volume work” and took it quite easy, burpees kept hr up

This program is definitely a back off from gzcl and sheiko. Good to have a bit of a break.

Update:

• mum will NOT be going back to China before the New Years, which means 3+ weeks without reliable access to weights over 135lbs. I’ll have access to dbs up to 50lbs in the crappy clubhouse gym.
    Those weights are more than enough for me to get a good workout and I can reliably maintain squat strength with pistols and split squats but my deadlift… :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: @hustlinghat93
    The most frustrating part is that there IS a viable gym only 2.5miles away. The issue is that mum is there and won’t let me go

• the other option is to change my poop schedule to the evening and wake up 10min earlier so I get out of the house 25min earlier and might be able to sneak back before she notices. I would only have to do 3x/week for this. It’s still quite risky though

1 Like

Have you thought about joining a powerlifting team? I realise this is off topic

The things we do in the name of gainz.

Aren’t you an adult that lives on her own/ in a college housing type of situation?

I am at a loss of words. Not really about the sneaking away-child-thing but that you have a poop schedule that you would need to (and be able to!) shuffle around in order to leave the house earlier.

2 Likes

Winter break is from 12/14 to 1/14.
I’ll be going back to Florida

yep. First thing in the morning

And your mum gets to decide if you can go to the gym then? Just asking for clarification here.

Not to discuss anyone’s poop schedule but wouldn’t getting up 10 minutes earlier be easier than changing your “biological needs”? :smiley:

Yes.

I’d have to do both

Based on everything Anna’s shared, I think there’s some family dynamics that are unfamiliar, perhaps because of cultural differences or just plain dysfunction (which, if this is the case, I’m definitely not one to judge weird family issues, haha), and which may seem “wrong” to most of us. But it’s the current situation she’s in.

@anna_5588 - I’d skip the poop adjustments, and the gym, and just make do with the dumbbells for the short length of time that Christmas break covers. Eat lots of food, workout at “maintenance” level, and rest.

That sucks. I have no idea how your relationship with your mother is but I do find it weird that as a grown adult your mum is disallowing you to do something which improves you as a person as well as mentally makes you better.

I take it this is not an argument you can win,(I.E standing up to here) so this won’t change so let us work around it

With that weight you won’t be able to maintain your deadlift by deadlifting but you could build up the major movers in the deadlift 1 by 1.

-Conventional deadlifts from a deficit and pause at shin level

• Slow tempo RDL’s
  • Split leg deadlifts
  • Slow tempo Good mornings
  • Back work (rows, pull ups)
  • Core work
1 Like

I’m not even sure it’s “wrong” or completely not understandable based on everything Anna has shared before. I just wasn’t aware that this particular dynamic was still in place.

4 Likes

I think this is the part that her mum is questioning, and where the confrontation happens

4 Likes

In a lot of cultures (including mine) its kind of seen as a waste of time

1 Like

Pretty sure with your school load you don’t have time for work, which equals someone footing the bill. Assuming it’s mom, she’s kinda gotcha there.

2 Likes

Guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be pooping 30 minutes later than usual tomorrow. That will be all.

7 Likes

Isn’t that usually the drive to work?

Not judging. Just saying- wind down the window.

Most kids just hold their breath or something, but I’ll give you points for creativity and bonus for determination. :poop:

1 Like

I’d argue that lifting is not improving Anna as a person or mentally make her better. If anything, I think it limits her worldview, and she would benefit from taking a step back from it.

5 Likes

Catching up on the log.
There are some killer workouts you can do with 135lbs and 50lb dumbbells (especially at your small size).
You have a limited time with your mom in here December. Why rattle the cage when you don’t have to?

I bet 4 good weeks of eating big and resting would do you body good.

2 Likes

Week 1: day 3

Deadlift: 2x(5x1-cluster)- 85kg
5x(5snatch grip deadlift +3 clean pulls)-60kg
Clean pulls: 5x3-60kg
Conditioning: 5x(10burpees+10air squat+10alt lunges)

• felt tired going in and didn’t feel like doing anything but a podcast mentioned snatch grip deadlifts (it was an episode on unconventional lifts) so I decided to try it out, felt really good and fun

@cyclonengineer @hustlinghat93 I’m thinking of hammering front squats and high rep rdls

Updates
Pic

• final project presentations today and Friday, exams next week
2 Likes

Arms are starting to look bigger/ more jacked :+1:

3 Likes