Anna's Training Log Part 2 (Part 1)

Week 9: day 5

I think I’ll call this one dirty 30
30 alt db snatch40lbs+ 30lunges/side-25lb dbs+ 30 devils press- 25lb dbs

Tricep push down: 1x(10-22.5lbs+10-17.5lbs+10-12.5lbs+10-7.5lbs)
Face pulls: 1x(10-22.5lbs+10-17.5lbs+10-12.5lbs+10-7.5lbs)
Z- press: 2x6/side-25lb db
Seated row: 2x10-55lbs

• felt really good, LOVED the “conditioning workout, really happy I could get so many reps in with the 40lb db, great pump from the tricep push downs, z press sucks

Updates:

• @SkyzykS my friend is worse than my advisor when it comes to nitpicking…we’re in a group for a class project and he insisted on smoothing out the sheet of paper because it had a slight crinkle in a corner. I took the paper and crumpled it :joy: at least he’s quite understanding of my love for Russia and Germany and laughs along when I comment on corruption and casualty numbers
  • @cyclonengineer i didn’t feel like studying for my midterm on Monday so I spent a couple of hours reading papers and came up with this

It’s a model for when ppl will engage in a behaviour. I am so proud of this
  • I did terribly on a midterm last Wednesday, but turns out the rest of the class did worse. I got a 72 and that was the third highest grade :joy::joy: the class isn’t even hard. The midterm was just very time pressured and I guess most ppl didn’t finish :woman_shrugging:
1 Like

I once tested a bunch of pens to match the toner of the copier machine that the teacher printed the tests out on because non-matching ink kinda pisses me off. This also reminds me that I need to restock on them.

If I didn’t know any better, I’d swear you were pulling his pigtails a little. :wink:

2 Likes

oh, I definitely crumpled the paper to mess with him, AFTER, he smoothed the crinkle.
Also wrote my name slanted on purpose.

The difference between him and my advisor is that he’s not in a position of power so I can do this kind of thing.
Not sure he’ll be willing to write papers with me in the future though

1 Like

If he does, wife him up. He can go into finance, you continue in academia, and together you can be an econ power couple.

2 Likes

Ha :joy: it would never work.
I can barely stand working with my advisor. Can’t imagine having to live with someone like him, even as a roommate (which the “relationship”would probably resemble)
Mum would love that though.

All this talk about authoring papers has me all up in a lather.

6 Likes

I’m sure he’ll be very happy to hear that internet strangers comment about my intellectual fantasies about him :roll_eyes::rofl:

1 Like

Week 9/10: day6

6x(12leg extensions-55lbs+12rows/side-25lbs)- no rest btw sets
3x(12 incline db bench-25lb dbs+10kb rdl/side-40lb kb)- no rest btw sets
3x(12 abductor machine- 105lbs+10lateral raises/side-10lb db)- no rest btw sets
Handstand practice
-felt really really good but stayed disciplined and didn’t push, the circuits were really fun- nice burn and got HR up a bit, might keep this style of work in rotation

Updates:

• grades for a midterm came out. Did just as bad as expected and my chances of getting an A in the class are looking pretty slim, oh well, the worst part is that my friend is the TA…
2 Likes

You will conquer the class and get an A anna! You can fucking do it!!

1 Like

Thanks.

I love classes, really hate being graded…

Week 11: Day 1

Literally the easiest workout I’ve had in months- finished in 40min

Deadlift: 1x6-60,70, 2x4-80, conventional
squat: 1x6-50,60,70
bench: 1x6-30,35,40,45
weighted pullup: 3x3-10lbs
Handstand walk practice

• yeah… nothing to report, very tempted to do more, but had to stay disciplined!!!

Updates:

• had a midterm and I think I did quite well. Gym buddy also finished midterms and stuff so we watched a cooking show together. It was fun, but also very strange to watch a show 1) on a monday 2) alone with a guy. Also have a habit of using my pepper spray as a fidget toy, which understandably caused some confusion :sweat_smile:
  • @wanna_be @Koestrizer thought I’d tag you guys
    How do I stop thinking so much about my friend?
    It’s interfering with my productivity and needs to stop.
    Rationally speaking, there’s no reason I should be spending so much time on this. 1) He’s already doing more than I asked for in the original contract. 2) even if I were in a position to demand more, I cannot reasonably do so due to his insane schedule 3) I have other friends that I’m for all intents and purposes, closer to → he is substitutable.
    I don’t need some fancy model or utility function to figure out what needs to happen, I just have a very hard time implementing it.
    I can’t wait for grad school… we’ll be far away from each other, doing different things and I can forget about him for a very long time

You sound like you like him.

Anna and… “the friend”, sittin’ in a tree, S-T-U-D-Y-I-N-G!

1 Like

yes I do, but I need to stop this kind of thinking and don’t know how

When you figure out how to stop yourself from having crushes and infatuations, let me know, so I can steal the data and become rich.

You’re discovering human nature. Welcome to the rest of the species.

5 Likes

You DEFINITELY want to tag some women on this, not men.

2 Likes

Have you considered sleeping with him? Could be sexual tension in need of release.

It sounds like you like him! Sometimes, even when we don’t want to, we like people. They reach those little subconscious spots and we never see it or know it’s happening.

Sounds like he likes you too! It’s common for people to have a desire to please, in different ways, people they like. It could be making time for them when they have none, taking time out of there day to say hello or check on you. Doing things they’d never do themselves, yet find joy in doing them for you.

You might be trying to explain and rationalize things that can’t be explained or rationalized. They just happen, you don’t always have the answer as to why!

What if you can’t? You’re already thinking about him now…

I say just keep going. Use it as a social experiment. Don’t fuck with the subjects though. Let it unfold naturally and just observe. See where it goes, be open minded, don’t be afraid to say no when it feels wrong and don’t be afraid to say yes when it feels right! Worst case scenario is you’ll be far away from each other doing different things and not thinking about him.

Feeling aren’t rational, hehe.

Wait wut? Is this meant literally? You never cease to surprise me, haha.

We’ve had this a bunch of times in the past. I fear I just can’t relate to how you view other humans.

This might happen to you again. Sometime it might be worthwhile to explore it.

I’m sorry I fear I’m not an expert on this. I couldn’t make it work last time I had a crush. Ultimately I told her and it blew up in my face but I had clarity.

1 Like

Thanks for the input everyone!

He doesn’t. I know because I attempted to ask him out over the summer by sending him a contract.
He friend zoned me but agreed to the contract.
@Koestrizer

Absolutely not. That is probably the last thing he wants, at least with me. even if he did, I find the idea of physical contact with a male who’s not in my family unpleasant at best

Yeah… I guess, but it’s frustrating. This kind of research is more pure psych/neuroscience though so chances are I’ll never get to do any of it. I’ve already gotten comments saying that my interests are too wide :joy:

It’s the distance that matters. Plus I’ll be too busy with grad school stuff to worry.
A big issue right now is that we have a lot of direct contact with one another (classes, club) and that school/research work is too light. I have other things I could do isn’t that free time but they are all optional

Hmm good point. Maybe by then I’ll be better at getting my priorities straight, or just be too busy to care.

1 Like

I remember you kind of asking him out (I say kind of not to belittle you or discredit you, I say it because to me it wouldn’t have been clear if what you expressed was of romantic nature). I’m still completely lost about the contract but even if you explained it to me, I wouldn’t be able to comprehend the situation, I fear.

Poor choice of words in that context but I’mma skip over that, haha. You’re still developing as a person. It might happen that your priorities change as you stated and that you want to make new experiences or it might not.
Some people identify as asexual but not aromantic.
Also I’m sure the ‘sleep with him’ bit was meant as a joke - there are steps in between, you know? If one would consider making experiences in romance, one wouldn’t have to go all out from the beginning.

Or you’ll allow yourself to care. Also possible

1 Like