Anna's Training Log Part 2 (Part 1)

I see nothing wrong with this, and it reflects my experience from working within academia so.

1 Like

It’s the economically rational thing to do given comparative advantage- my comparative advantage is in writing and brainstorming ideas, which a lot of math/compsci ppl tend to find painful (my school is full of them)

Note: I’m not inherently better or more creative, I just have more time to read a lot of shit

No judgement here. I’m also primarily an idea person.

1 Like

I dunno what we are referencing here but I’m kinda fond of this one because f the tongue sticking out

The Guinea pig with the gold armor

1 Like

Apply Photoshop

4 Likes

Ye that is a good one. Will keep it in mind when you feel like a change.

1 Like

@EmilyQ do you think this is a good idea or is it retaining too much of the damaged habits?

I’ve pulled away and stopped following Anna’s log because I have come to believe that it poses risk to me professionally. I like Anna, but am not prepared to involve myself any further in what I now believe to be an advanced and entrenched eating disorder.

Sorry, that sounds so hateful. But I can’t do anything that even suggests of “practicing” via an online forum.

My only comment is that Anna should find professionals who specialize in ED’s, which I’m sure her nephrologist or the GYN or endocrinologist who manage her amenorrhea can help with.

8 Likes

I was asking more for me, that’s my plan but I posted it here to share with Anna a “progressive overload” approach to reversing my own problems. But I can presume that what you’ve written applies all the same. Thank you for the reply that you’ve posted above. You do not need to reply to this (unless you want to)!

Week 6: day3

Press: 10-1-25lbs w/20 down by 2 Kbs-45lbs btw sets
Rdl: 3x5-45lbs w/3030 tempo

• energy pretty good but quads and knees really pissed, shoulders felt pretty good though, press workout a lot harder on shoulders than expected- pretty dead after even though not too intense on conditioning, rdls really worked hamstrings
  • I’ll make up the sprints and jumps tomorrow

How exactly am I supposed to read the press part? Lol

1 Like

Lol! No one seems to understand my notation system :joy:

10press/side+20swings+9press/side+18swings…1press/side+2swings

• press with a 25lb kB, swings with 45lb kB
  • the idea is to do the workout as fast as possible, with as little rest as possible
1 Like

@samul write a parser and pretty-printer for Ann’s notation system in whatever language you prefer

I would first have to understand it :joy:

Edit: Oh no okay I got it

there you go @anna_5588 @Voxel

http://jminigames.altervista.org/anna.html

It’s not very flexible so it’ll only accept exactly the syntax you used in your post.

for example with

Press: 10-1-25lbs w/20 down by 2 Kbs-45lbs btw sets

you get

Press: 25lbs x 10 / Kbs: 45lbs x 20
Press: 25lbs x 9 / Kbs: 45lbs x 18
Press: 25lbs x 8 / Kbs: 45lbs x 16
Press: 25lbs x 7 / Kbs: 45lbs x 14
Press: 25lbs x 6 / Kbs: 45lbs x 12
Press: 25lbs x 5 / Kbs: 45lbs x 10
Press: 25lbs x 4 / Kbs: 45lbs x 8
Press: 25lbs x 3 / Kbs: 45lbs x 6
Press: 25lbs x 2 / Kbs: 45lbs x 4
Press: 25lbs x 1 / Kbs: 45lbs x 2

try it yourself!

2 Likes

Damn!

1 Like

@Voxel

I have some questions about the sheet:

1. how do I add months and sync it with the yearly average sheet
  2. How do I get rid of the “missing data” so that it doesn’t screw up the yearly sheet. This is what I’m getting now on the Yearly sheet and it doesn’t really make sense

Seen, don’t have time to reply at the moment. Will get back to you soon

1 Like

Answer to (1): You’d click on an empty cell and refer to the named sheet. Check the first cell in the document I sent you for reference, it says,

=August!B2:August!B32

You’ll notice that B33 contains

=September!B2:September!B31

August/September are the names of the sheets. If your sheet contains a space character you’d write 'This is my sheet name'!B2:Bwhatever (notice the quote marks). I think it’s single quotes. Might be double quotes.

To answer question 2: I have to say I don’t really understand how you ended up with that? You can find an email-address of mine in my bio, send me a commentator link to your sheet and I can have a look.

Tucking in now though so I’ll check back maybe tomorrow evening.

1 Like