Anna's Training Log Part 2 (Part 1)

Week 4: Day 1

LAST WEEK!!!

Time: 25:04- swings only
1x(50-25-25)+2min rest+15x(20 EMOM)+ 4x(25 w/20sec rests)

• pushed it and felt really good,

KB press: 1x10/arm, (5-R+5-L+ 4_R…1-R,1-L)

• harder than expected, rested WAYY too long :sweat_smile:

@Voxel

I’ve been craving raw meat and burnt stuff lately. I googled it and the most common response was protein deficiency, but I’m eating at least 90g/day (around 1g/lb of bodyweight)

Any ideas?

I never knew different cravings had different reasons!

I really hope cravings for pizza and beer mean I am deficient in pizza and beer! :smiley:

2 Likes

Isn’t german blood just beer? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Damn are you saying I suffer from anemia? :open_mouth:
Gotta do something about that. Prost!

1 Like

Does that 90g/day take into account that some proteins are incomplete and shouldn’t be counted gram for gram?

(bonus “tip”: when counting only adding up the calories from the main macros of a food is a convenient way to create a surplus. I.e. If you need 2500 calories to maintain, and you have a 40/30/30-macro split you’d sit down and plot out whole food sources (yams, rice, oatmeal,…) that add up to 200g of carbs, and then repeat the exercise with protein sources getting 188g of protein and finally again for fats. In the end you’ll have a surplus)

I feel the easiest way to check if this is the problem would be to “simply” increase your protein-intake (no other changes! You do not get to reduce carbs or fats) by adding a 6oz serving of meat, fish, or a suitably sized serving of cheese, cottage cheese, quark, or a couple of servings of yoghurt, kefir, and milk. Live with the change for 2-3 weeks at least.

I say simply because if I don’t misremember your kidneys are unhappy? I know one person that had to reduce their protein intake as a consequence of their kidney problems and he takes sodium bicarbonate to buffer the acidic load of their protein intake but you take in so much (too much) vegetables and so I don’t think this should be necessary. Conveniently(?), that’s CT. He takes 12-25g/day but he eclipses you physically and I don’t know how he arrived at those numbers and if it scales linearly.

I say conveniently because he is usually very responsive on his subforum if you’d like to inquire more.

It can have a reason. Sometimes a craving is just a craving.

No, I count the calories of “non protein foods” but not the protein. Ie. I’ll count 1/2 cup of oatmeal as 150kcal, but not factor in the protein into my 90g.
I don’t track macros, just protein and calories

I have the equivalent of 1 kidney

CT has kidney problems?

90g of protein doesn’t sound too low, at least it’s doubtful a deficiency.

But seriously though, if you’re craving something, just eat it. You’re probably just hungry, don’t limit your food.

I’m inclined to think you’re hungry, but have become so wedded to the idea that some foods are “good” and others “bad” that you crave only those deemed acceptable to the furtherance of your goals.

5 Likes

I always want meat- it’s the raw meat part that I’m confused about

Week 3: day2

20x(25 swings+20alt lunges)- 31:12

• felt great physically but mentally not too excited to swing, harder on legs than expected , cardio not too bad

Jump squat: 3x(1-25lb+2-11lbs+5bodyweight)

Today, I’m going to commit to taking a rest day, not taking extra walks and not cutting calories…
We’ll see if I stick to this

9 Likes

Is that the end of 10000 swings? Or are you stopping at 10000?

Great idea!

Lol! Typing errors :sweat_smile:

I’ve thought about eating little Brook trout before because they look like little gummy bear-fish. Usually right around lunch or dinner.

And my one buddy observed that the hungrier I get the more likely it becomes that a fish gets offed and into the cooler.

So…

The easy solution is to eat some raw meat. I do most days :man_shrugging:

I think you’re overlooking other common causes of cravings, hard training and hypertrophy.

2 Likes

What kind?

Not Pinky but…

Pork has a good mouthfeel, seafood is always good, I don’t like the texture of beef but the blood is quite good